fiduciary

Author Topic: The Force Unleashed II  (Read 72041 times)

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
Re: The Force Unleashed II
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »
Peace be upon all,

Here is the official Lucasarts announcement...

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20091212.html

looking forward to more details  8)
-Bin Adam
wreck more havoc on the universe? so im guessing you can have devastator like powers from PROTOTYPE

Offline Clone Commander

• No Force
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »
OK, being a big Unleashed fan, here's what I saw...

That is Sam Witwer, he looks a little weathered but that's him.

The voice of Vader sounds like it did in the first game, its ok, just not my favorite.

LOVE Tom Kane (The Clone Wars) doing Yoda's voice.

LOVE EVEN MORE the 2 saber look, just like the concept art.  I thought we were going to get that in the first one anyway.

I was hoping they would stick with the old starkiller saber (x2), and not sure how I feel about the TOR sabers.  Maybe they should have been a different, more modern design?

Either way, looks like I'm gonna save my credits for this one.

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »
gotta get the USE edition before this ;D

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »
wreck more havoc on the universe? so im guessing you can have devastator like powers from PROTOTYPE

I have a problem with that because it kinda moots the entire point of the OT if there's a Force user running around the SW Galaxy during the GCW with 'god-like' Force powers...why would the Rebel Alliance, Obi or Yoda even care about Luke when all they need to do is recruit 'one man army' Starkiller who can pull SDs out of orbit etc.?

So either they have to kill him off - for good - BEFORE the events of ANH, have him leave the Galaxy like Revan, and forever [since he never comes back in the EU NJO era]...or have him lose most/all his Force powers [which is hinted at in this trailer] but PERMANENTLY sometime in this series...which is limited in duration since it is set so close to the OT.

So maybe a TFUII but they really ought to kill him off this time...they wont though because there always has to be a Threequel $ka-ching$ and then what if they don't 'de-Force' him? Starkiller hides on board the Tantive and when the SD chases it down he swats the SD like a bug and Leia delivers the plans to Yavin on schedule no Tatooine farmboy hidden twin or crazy old wizards required and Starkiller just flies Rogue Shadow to the Death Star exhaust port and zaps it with Force Lightning buh bye movie over?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Elandron

• Experienced Force User
  • "You must unlearn what you have learned."
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 07:02:52 AM »
The trailer is up - it's the same from the VGA awards... it redirects you to starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000923.html

The "voices":

Death is a natural part of life. - Yoda
Foolishly you hold to hope for the life you once had.  - Vader
Let go of everything you fear to lose, you must.  - Yoda
You think you have a purpose, a destiny.  - Vader
Uncertain and fearful, you are. - Yoda
You are but a shadow of your former self. - Vader
Confused, you have become. - Yoda
Weak and misguided. - Vader
Hide not from yourself. - Yoda
Accept the certainty... - Vader
Confront your fears. - Yoda
...that all is lost. - Vader

Will I ever see you again? - Juno

Uncertain your future is... find yourself, you must. - Yoda

The gameplay will be fantastic, that much is certain... This clip/release certainly did it's job for me.  I'm soooooo wanting to know what the storyline is - will become.

So many questions...time will reveal I suppose.   ;)

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »

Starkiller hides on board the Tantive and when the SD chases it down he swats the SD like a bug and Leia delivers the plans to Yavin on schedule no Tatooine farmboy hidden twin or crazy old wizards required and Starkiller just flies Rogue Shadow to the Death Star exhaust port and zaps it with Force Lightning buh bye movie over?

Sounds good to me lol, Starkiller (AKA:Galen Marek) is so much COOLER of a Character than Luke ever was, I only start liking Luke as a Character towards the end of ROTJ, where he starts to embrace his power and purpose.  If they wanted to do an "Infinites" style story replacing Luke with Starkiller, that's just fine with me.  I still have a hard time understanding though, "He's Dead", they never realy explain what killed him, there was that lighting war with Sidious and then BOOM, and next thing you see is Starkiller lying on the floor and Vader stating, "He's Dead", Sidious seems very displeased with the idea that he's dead because he will have then become a matyr to the Rebels cause, giving them inspiration and will power to fight on against the tyrany of the Empire.  So how do they bring him back???  I realy need to hear the explanation for how he's alive, and then decide if it's plausable, or if Lucas is simply trying to cash in on another "Cash Bull Rancor".

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline Elandron

• Experienced Force User
  • "You must unlearn what you have learned."
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 07:56:33 AM »

Starkiller hides on board the Tantive and when the SD chases it down he swats the SD like a bug and Leia delivers the plans to Yavin on schedule no Tatooine farmboy hidden twin or crazy old wizards required and Starkiller just flies Rogue Shadow to the Death Star exhaust port and zaps it with Force Lightning buh bye movie over?

Sounds good to me lol, Starkiller (AKA:Galen Marek) is so much COOLER of a Character than Luke ever was, I only start liking Luke as a Character towards the end of ROTJ, where he starts to embrace his power and purpose.  If they wanted to do an "Infinites" style story replacing Luke with Starkiller, that's just fine with me.  I still have a hard time understanding though, "He's Dead", they never realy explain what killed him, there was that lighting war with Sidious and then BOOM, and next thing you see is Starkiller lying on the floor and Vader stating, "He's Dead", Sidious seems very displeased with the idea that he's dead because he will have then become a matyr to the Rebels cause, giving them inspiration and will power to fight on against the tyrany of the Empire.  So how do they bring him back???  I realy need to hear the explanation for how he's alive, and then decide if it's plausable, or if Lucas is simply trying to cash in on another "Cash Bull Rancor".

My question about his death... is that he had died once already.  Vader killed him, and set him adrift in space.  Next scenes we see is the droid finding him, then he's in the medical bay waking up.  So, are we to assume it's medical technology that brought him back to life?

So... how would they continue the saga after all that Dark Force power that should have killed him?  More medical?  Midi-Chlorians?  Yoda wasn't strong enough in the force to prevent death (as he stated in ROTJ), but maybe Starkiller was?  He had grown quite a bit through the story's progression.  But then again... he was still trying to master meditation.  Oh, who knows.  Will be very interesting to see how they play it out.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 07:58:39 AM »
Sidious brings him back using Darth Plagueis' resurrection techniques mentioned in ROTS.

It's been done before in the EU, for example Vader Vs Maul.
http://images.google.com/images?q=vader+vs+maul&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=UWAmS47LCoO0tgeMnd3SBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQsAQwAA

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 09:44:25 AM »

They might continue the story from the alternate ending were Starkiller kills Vader and becomes the Emperor's apprentice....

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »
I always thought that the Darth Plagueis parable was really about Darth Plagueis having "influenced the midichlorians to create life" - in the 'immaculate conception' of Anakin ["conceived by the midichlorians" as Qui Gon said] not that he had power of Resurrection [which would have been a whole other side of the Xtian metaphor eh?].

Did Darth Plagueis really have resurrection techniques or was that a lie that Darth Sidious told Anakin to sway him from the Jedi Order...afterall if Sidious really knew how to do that then why not deliver on his promise and resurrect Padme which would then give him leverage to control Vader perfectly and perpetually since a live [vulnerable] Padme would be a perfect hostage for Vaders eternal obedience.

Vader would have never dared even having a secret apprentice if he had Padme to lose [again] if discovered.

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline JediJudoChop

• Force User
  • I'mmm crushing your head!
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 12:11:14 AM »
I saw the VGA's (on my DVR). I thought the big announcement was going to be about the SW MMO coming in fall 2010 (on the PC). This was an unexpected surprise.  ;D  I'm always down for a new SW game. I hope this one is longer, and less linear.

BTW: That was 100% Starkiller in the trailer. When I saw his face for the first time in that trailer I thought he was going to be in the MMO! lol  The TFU II (at the end) caught me off guard.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:12:58 AM by JediJudoChop »
(]////[oo]\\\|(=================================>                                     Raja naba zoola gola wookie "nosey" pinchy?

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 12:53:19 AM »
They might continue the story from the alternate ending were Starkiller kills Vader and becomes the Emperor's apprentice....

Continue it from TFU: Ultimate Sith Edition, you mean?

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 01:56:09 AM »
Sidious brings him back using Darth Plagueis' resurrection techniques mentioned in ROTS.

It's been done before in the EU, for example Vader Vs Maul.
http://images.google.com/images?q=vader+vs+maul&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=UWAmS47LCoO0tgeMnd3SBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQsAQwAA
im going with the idea he was resurrected or he didn't die on the death star

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
  • facebook.com/adrigraphics
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 02:57:06 AM »
I bet he didn't die on the death star.. The trailer seems like some sort of arena, where he needs to kill the giant monster in front of a crowd..
It might be him, as a fallen jedi, being some sort of 'gladiator' (like in gladiator where the fallen officer becomes one) and trying to seek revenge or somethng..
Living in exile an stuff like that..
just a thought...

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2009, 03:26:29 AM »
"Everything we do in life echoes in the Force."  :P

retrousse