fiduciary

Author Topic: The Force Unleashed II  (Read 72067 times)

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
Re: The Force Unleashed II
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »
Peace be upon all,

I just finished the Endor DLC as well and must admit it contained some dark pleasures -and some sad ones. The final battle was also epic and amazing considering who it was against! It's something I had always wanted to see in action so it was cool to take it a step further and interact with that fantasy.  8)

I also sent Lucas Arts a 'thank you" for the super cheap price they ended up charging for the DLC after all the heat about the short length of the main game.

Now I'm heading back in to get  a few achievements.
Enjoy!

-Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

Offline Darth Xylon

• Formerly known as codek5
  • Experienced Force User
  • For the guilty, there is no escape from my justice
« Reply #316 on: January 02, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
i just beat the endor mission on unleashed and it didnt give me the trophy that was suppose to come with it.......needless to say im furious considering how hard it was, any thoughts on as to why this happened??

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2011, 03:04:57 AM »
i just beat the endor mission on unleashed and it didnt give me the trophy that was suppose to come with it.......needless to say im furious considering how hard it was, any thoughts on as to why this happened??

Did you start the game on Unleashed or change it after it started as it doesn't work that way, or try doing it again as I had a similar prob when playing the main game and I found that I had to play the first level again on Unleashed then the trophy suddenly popped up, I know playing it again is a bit of a pain as it was hard doing it the first time let alone doing it again but it could have had a glitch and just not regestard the completion, you might even find that as soon as you start it again it might pop up. I could be wrong on all of this but it's just ideas

Good luck

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Darth Xylon

• Formerly known as codek5
  • Experienced Force User
  • For the guilty, there is no escape from my justice
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »

Did you start the game on Unleashed or change it after it started as it doesn't work that way, or try doing it again as I had a similar prob when playing the main game and I found that I had to play the first level again on Unleashed then the trophy suddenly popped up, I know playing it again is a bit of a pain as it was hard doing it the first time let alone doing it again but it could have had a glitch and just not regestard the completion, you might even find that as soon as you start it again it might pop up. I could be wrong on all of this but it's just ideas

Good luck

i have no idea what it was, i played it again and beat it again and i finally got it, oh well i guess thats all that matters, thanks for the ideas kel  :)

Offline okiwan

• Buzz Killington award!
  • Master Force User
  • do or do not. there is no try.
« Reply #319 on: January 05, 2011, 11:54:10 AM »
i think TFU II is awesome. the only thing i didnt really like is that there wasnt enough lightsaber battles like in the first one. in the first one you are fighting allot of jedi. so in the second one sense you went AWAL vader should have sent a bunch of sith after you. i think the planets you vist in the first one were better too. and the costumes. other then that the game had allot of epic moments. the graphics were better too. an the lightsaber crystals were easier to find which was good. i did like the planets better in the first one though. but going to degobah was fun even though it was short. oh ya an jedi mind tricks are awesome.

note: if you use the obi wan costume from the DLC you will still look like obi wan in the cut scenes. where as other you revert back to the games regular costume.

also: who you fight at the end of endor was EPIC!!!
/sarcasm

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #320 on: January 05, 2011, 11:38:50 PM »
i think TFU II is awesome. the only thing i didnt really like is that there wasnt enough lightsaber battles like in the first one. in the first one you are fighting allot of jedi. so in the second one sense you went AWAL vader should have sent a bunch of sith after you. i think the planets you vist in the first one were better too. and the costumes. other then that the game had allot of epic moments. the graphics were better too. an the lightsaber crystals were easier to find which was good. i did like the planets better in the first one though. but going to degobah was fun even though it was short. oh ya an jedi mind tricks are awesome.

note: if you use the obi wan costume from the DLC you will still look like obi wan in the cut scenes. where as other you revert back to the games regular costume.

Rule of two.

Offline okiwan

• Buzz Killington award!
  • Master Force User
  • do or do not. there is no try.
« Reply #321 on: January 06, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »

Rule of two.

ya true. but couldnt there be other sith masters out there with an apprentice that starkiller could fight? i guess they would stray too far from the story line.
/sarcasm

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
The Force Unleashed II - $19.99 Free Shipping on Newegg Xbox/PS3
« Reply #322 on: April 05, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
Hey guys,

Newegg.com has Force Unleashed 2 for $19.99 and free shipping (and no tax in many states).

PS3:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=u0t0f0fp49579dd0c0s701&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16879249031&cm_re=force_unleashed_2-_-79-249-031-_-Product

XBOX 360:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874151014

If you have amazon prime it is the same price there but if you don't the free shipping on newegg is great.

This is the price I have been waiting to buy it at (as I did for TFUI) since they aren't great games overall but fun for us SW fans. Enjoy!

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »
You can get the guide as well for 14.99 free shipping.

Thanks for posting!

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline acrylicsuperman

• Force User
« Reply #324 on: April 17, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
I have a question. can anyone tell me how to unlock the costume between the arena combat gear and boba fett?

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2011, 05:46:02 AM »
To be honest about this game, I'm kinda torn.  As far as gameplay goes, I LOVED it... lived up to my expectations 100%.  But something was missing... I'm not sure it just seemed so... short?  I mean they split it into a bunch of levels but lets face it - you escape from Kamino, go to Cato Nemoidia, hop on that ship to try to get to your girl, and then you're back in Kamino for the ending.  I don't count the Dagobah level because while it was AWESOME talking to Yoda, after so much buildup I freaking thought there would be more than a simple short walk through the swamp and a cutscene... idk I kinda figured you might have some kinda ESB style training from Yoda, learning to be a Jedi for real (since you've only learned the ways of the Sith thus far).  That part in particular was very disappointing.

The original game had like a million levels... you went on like 3 Jedi hunting missions before you even got into the main plot, then you went off on random missions to find Kota, rescue Leia and Bail Organa, etc.  This was all before the long and epic final level that took place inside the Death Star... I just feel like the second game didn't quite live up to this legacy, at least in plot.

Long story short:  gameplay = awesome, great Force powers and I loved dual wielding (gave a kinda God of War feel).  Plot = Crap, there was no plot besides searching for Juno (which I found tiring), no character development (the debate of whether or not Starkiller was a clone was basically forgotten),  and very little playtime.

Offline Artorius Vidnyl

• Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2011, 06:03:08 AM »
I remember playing this game with you Nero and getting to Dagobah and FLIPPING OUT over Yoda.  And then 5 minutes later being massively depressed that there wasn't more time/training with him.

Have to Echo Nero here, the game seemed epic to play but very, very short.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."
―Qui-Gon

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2011, 02:08:06 PM »
To be honest about this game, I'm kinda torn.  As far as gameplay goes, I LOVED it... lived up to my expectations 100%.  But something was missing... I'm not sure it just seemed so... short?  I mean they split it into a bunch of levels but lets face it - you escape from Kamino, go to Cato Nemoidia, hop on that ship to try to get to your girl, and then you're back in Kamino for the ending.  I don't count the Dagobah level because while it was AWESOME talking to Yoda, after so much buildup I freaking thought there would be more than a simple short walk through the swamp and a cutscene... idk I kinda figured you might have some kinda ESB style training from Yoda, learning to be a Jedi for real (since you've only learned the ways of the Sith thus far).  That part in particular was very disappointing.

The original game had like a million levels... you went on like 3 Jedi hunting missions before you even got into the main plot, then you went off on random missions to find Kota, rescue Leia and Bail Organa, etc.  This was all before the long and epic final level that took place inside the Death Star... I just feel like the second game didn't quite live up to this legacy, at least in plot.

Long story short:  gameplay = awesome, great Force powers and I loved dual wielding (gave a kinda God of War feel).  Plot = Crap, there was no plot besides searching for Juno (which I found tiring), no character development (the debate of whether or not Starkiller was a clone was basically forgotten),  and very little playtime.

I do agree with what you are saying on this game but after watching an interview with Sam Witwer on YouTube he explained the story in a different way which made it sound more interesting and different, i would post a link to the vid but I can't remember what it was called, I'm sure you would find it if you look hard enough  ;D

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:22 AM »
I haven't read all the posts here in a while and I agree with Nero, something was missing and Hopefully! They will readdress our questions in part3. Will there be a part 3????

Offline Skywalker85

• No Force
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
Yeah a few things really bugged me about this game. Besides the incredibly short story, i preferred the way the force powers and saber animations looked in the first game. I was not a huge fan of using duel lightsabers without the ability to choose to use only one or two. And of course theres the way vader gets "defeated", that much lighting would have melted the plastic off of him and reduce him to a pile of ashes so taking off his hands would have been just fine in my opinion. But the darkside ending makes me think that the new dark apprentice is lurking in the lightside ending somewhere and will most likely be the means of vader's escape and become the main boss alongside vader in the third game if there will be one.

Darth Maul Full staff TPM
Mace Windu ROTS
Luke Skywalker ROTJ
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS
Anakin Skywalker ROTS
Luke Skywalker ANH
Darth Vader ANH

retrousse