fiduciary

Author Topic: Best Star Wars game  (Read 20837 times)

crazyboy

Re: Best Star Wars game
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
If you have the time you can easily play both KOTORs endlessly. KOTOR1 you have a bit more say in how much you do (ie more optional side quests) but they are both worth it, and the more you play, the more you like it.

Cheers

Dave

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »
i really want to play KOTOR but i don't have an XBOX...

Also I don't think you need an Xbox to play KOTOR, I think they have them for PC. It might be both or just KOTOR 2.
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline Darth Eunice

• SAVANT TOGRUTA, SAGE OF YORE
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 10:13:26 PM »
i don't think i'll ever get a XBOX 360- too expensive :-\
well maybe in like 2 or 3 years when it goes down like $50-$100 (hopefully) ;)
May the Force be with you! :D

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 10:19:09 PM »
Yes but by then the Xbox 540 (just a guess) will come out. If you want to get a system cheap the Xbox has a huge selection right now and is very cheap at the moment.

Offline Darth Eunice

• SAVANT TOGRUTA, SAGE OF YORE
  • Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 10:20:42 PM »
i wonder how much the PS3 will be :D
May the Force be with you! :D

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 10:21:35 PM »
Sorry for my late reply Ki-Adi, well the link I posted is a mod, not an actual game. You will need both full Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy to run the mod when it's released. The mod basically adds more missions, characters, maps, and different gameplay, take a look on the trailers from kotf.com and you'll see. Now about a new Jedi Knight game, it's only a rumor, I haven't heard anything about it but there's a possibility that it will be developed. However, right now LucasArts is busy with the game Empire At War which is a RTS game and looks very promising. But if I ever find out about another Jedi Knight series I will let you know, Kyle Katarn's story is long and if LucasArts wants to expand that in the game then there could be another Jedi Knight title.

Offline Obi Karn Kenobi

• Formerly known as Obi Karn Kenobi
  • Force User
  • Hello there.
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 10:21:49 PM »
You would be wise to wait Shaak Ti. The price will drop when the PS3 releases. Historically launch systems seem to be buggy, also the games are nowhere near their potential. The developers are still learning the hardware. In another year the games will look twice as good and the current games will be greatest hits titles. I'm definitely waiting a while on a 360 purchase.
" I have no desire to be the last of the Jedi."

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 10:24:20 PM »
I can already tell you it's opening price will prob. be around $400 bucks USD. Ya I'll wait a while for the 360, I do however want want one in early 06 or mid 06. I am very egar to get one but they have no good games out. I really want to play online though, never played it so I'm waiting until I get 360 to start playing online. Plus I can't miss out on Halo 3 which there should be one since the storyline didn't finish in Halo 2.

Offline mcfarlanbc

• No Force
  • The force will be with you...always.
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 01:53:27 AM »
Anyone play Star Wars galaxies? I used to play but paying the extra $15 a month to play really sucks. It kind of put you into the whole star wars experience and was fun as well (well i thought it was). If your a big star wars fan and don't mind a few extra bucks a month to play I think you'd really enjoy this game.

crazyboy

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 12:49:31 PM »
For some reason, they only released galaxies in US and Canada.

Otherwise I would have given it a go

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 02:53:27 PM »
Do you have to play online, or can you play the game without having to pay 15 bucks or w/e a month? Also please give details on how the games is and what you do. Thanks.

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
  • Formally known as Scottish Jedi
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 04:33:12 PM »
For some reason, they only released galaxies in US and Canada.

Otherwise I would have given it a go

You can play Galaxies in the UK aswell my friends brother was addicted to it for a while, i think the kid played for days not hours at a time  ;D.
Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber: £89.99
Star Wars OT Boxset: £29.99
Fighting for the Light Side: Priceless
(Borrowed(Stole) this idea from Dark Skywalker)

Offline Littlegymm

• Force User
  • Dude....
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 06:38:12 PM »
Galaxies looks so good. My friend bought it, but his mom is crazy and won't let him do a lot of stuff, so I'm gonna buy it off of him.
I also have a discontinued Master Replicas Chuck Norris Cowboy Hat From Walker: Texas Ranger that totally doesn't exist.

Offline mcfarlanbc

• No Force
  • The force will be with you...always.
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2005, 01:11:53 AM »
Unfortunatly you have to pay the $15 a month to play.  First you create a character, anywhere from a human to a wookie, and make them look how you want to. Next you pick a character class (bounty hunter, jedi, commander, officer, trader, spy, smuggler, 2 others i forgot) and advance your character by doing certain missions that develop skills unique to your class.  For example, commanders need to do missions that use heavy weapons/hand to hand combat and eventually they can lead armies of real players into battle. You can join the empire or rebellion (set in the OT days) and eventually get perks of that group. Example, drive an AT-AT or fly X-Wings. And of course its all in the star wars universe so you can visit jabba's lair, a cantina on tatooine, corellia, and several other places unique to the universe. And occasionally you run into famous faces like han solo, darth vader, and boba fett. Its a real fun game and i would recommed you buy it especially since its only $30 for the game and ALL expansion packs. But its one of those games where you play for a few months, then it gets kinda old, then you pick it back up later and play for a few more months. Hope this helps!

Offline Mace_Window

• No Force
  • See through you we do!
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2005, 04:08:32 AM »
KOTOR I all the way! they take a bit of getting used to if u ain't played RPGs before (like i hadn't). but once you get into it. Its amazing. i became physically dependant on it for about a week! :P

retrousse