fiduciary

Author Topic: The "Every Type of Question" Thread....  (Read 289623 times)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
Re: The "Every Type of Question" Thread....
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »
Instead of always saying "this site" and "on a site," try naming specifics.

The "other site" you refer to is Force FX. They have been sold out for over 6 months, because Jedi Arms Dealer (the one who makes couplers) has basically stopped. He did make couplers for the Mace Windu, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, and Luke ROTJ at one point in time.

The problem with a coupler for a standard FX, is that the pommels on them only have 2-3 threads. That means it can strip out VERY EASY. The Maul saber, on the other hand, as a good 8 threads, making it FAR harder to strip it.

To my knowledge, Jedi Arms Dealer didn't have the greatest quality control, and if a product was bad, he wouldn't replace it.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline howie

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
ah ok good points and ty. I guess making couplers is indeed a pain  ty very much for the information :)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »
Do an ebay seach from time to time.... You can still get them now and then on there.

If you want them badly enough, talk to one of the SABERSMITHS here (banish the thought) and see if they might machine some up for you....

Google is your friend there too.... You can still find them, you just have to rub the neurons together and be able to type in a search query in the search bar.... 8)

Offline howie

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 05:39:19 AM »
pass on ebay no offense. But a saber smith soudns good plus if they make it my sabers wouldnt get damaged likely .

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
Your sabers wouldn't be damaged if you went with eBay  ::)

It is the nature of the beast. If you couple two normal MR sabers and even lightly duel with them, the threading WILL strip out. No one can make a coupler that doesn't have that fatal flaw.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline howie

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »
Tkankyou once again i still give you the old heave ho on ebay though nature of the best with me on this one maybe some day but at this time no way thanks though your information has been most useful

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
What Aluke123 is saying, is that even if you had someone custom make the coupler, you still run the risk of stripping out threads.

The problem lies in the different composition of metals, and the fact that the pommel ends of the MR hilts, really weren't meant to couple together due to their design.

The exception to this is the Darth Maul FX which was designed with DEEP openings that the STEEL coupler threads into. It was DESIGNED as a staff, the others were not.  The pommel ends on any other MR saber were designed to hold only one load...the endcap, that's it.

Now this does not go to day that a double Mace Windu, Luke ROTJ, or Obi-Wan ROTS wouldn't look cool, but there is no way in xxx that I would EVER duel with them. The risk is just too high.

If you're wanting a DUELABLE Staff, It would be advisable to stick with a converted Maul, or a custom MHS staff.  If yo're wanting to just have a cool looking display saber, then by all means...Go for it.

Offline howie

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
I saw a few different topics on the mace saber but I didnt comce accross one about an easy way to tell the difference between the different cersions. In short i may be buying one from a store near me but if I do I want to know what version it is cause to my knowledge ultra sabers can only convert certain verions of the mace saber am I correct?

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »
Conversion wise both versions of the Mace Windu saber are EXACTLY the same. It will say on the box whether it is the Mace ROTS or AOTC.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline howie

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »
Am I right that one is louder? Is there any videos comapring thme side by side? Finally is that the only difference?

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »
It is subjective whether one has better sound than the other.

Not that I know of. There really isn't anything to compare. They are really just the same saber in a different box. One saber has a slightly purpler blade than the other.

Two differences: The sound (basically the same) and the blade (ROTS has better coloring).

Google is your Friend.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:26:19 PM by Aluke123 »

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Master Mac

• Master Sig Artist
  • Master Force User
  • Firmitas in Caelo
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
The Mace ROTS has a more purple blade (the AOTC is tad more on the pinkish side). Supposedly the ROTS is slightly louder. I wouldn't worry about it. Also, if you convert the saber the blade issue will disappear. The version really doesn't matter, save for collectors value. Google is your friend!
As you from crimes would pardon'd be,
Let your indulgence set me free.

Offline th31

• Force User
  • There can be only ONE
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 05:09:25 PM »
howie, I think you're missing some of the rules of the thread.  No acknowledging (tkvm), etc.  It's just ask questions, get an answer.  ask another question. get another answer.  fluff in-between is not needed.

back on topic:

Can I wire up a Cree LED the same way I wire up a Luxeon III?
And will an MR sound board power it up?

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »
Can I run two Red LUX III off of one Corb1n LUX driver?
Do I need to use a resister with the LUX driver?

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 06:56:51 PM »
Can I wire up a Cree LED the same way I wire up a Luxeon III?
And will an MR sound board power it up?

Yes and Yes  ;)

Can I run two Red LUX III off of one Corb1n LUX driver?
Do I need to use a resister with the LUX driver?

Not sure and no  ;)

Lord Maul on TCSS

retrousse