fiduciary

Author Topic: my latest WIP. MHS qui type saber...crystal chamber now finished  (Read 11147 times)

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
Re: my latest WIP. MHS qui type saber
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 04:55:59 AM »
Wow!!! Great job MH!!! Love the crystal chamber... more pics please!!!

Amp... your shroud rocks!!! Definitely a great pairing of creative minds :)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Re: my latest WIP. MHS qui type saber
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
Wow!!! Great job MH!!! Love the crystal chamber... more pics please!!!

Amp... your shroud rocks!!! Definitely a great pairing of creative minds :)

OK here are a couple more pics.

Its pretty much done now.  I just have to cut down and drill a hole in a red (or silver cant decide) thumbscrew for the activation button.  I will do that tomorrow.  Then its just a matter of re-polishing.

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
Re: my latest WIP. MHS qui type saber...crystal chamber now finished
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
That is looking great MH. can't wait to see the final shiny pics.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
Thanks,

The saber is now practically done.  I have to powder coat the pommel and then will be done for good.

here is as it sits now.

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 07:44:32 PM »
looks great. I love the design and color choices. very unique. That overlay on the chamber looks so good.

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 12:01:38 PM »
Wow WoW WoooW! That turned out great! Would like to see a video of this in action!
That cut out looks good with the PC behind it. I would love to see the cut out saber lit up.
The button is prefect as well! This truly is a trophy saber!

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
MH had BURST on the saber scene a few months back... I first noticed his work on TCSS, where he goes by Zook.  Then he put out that fancy Leia hilt (ya'll know the one I'm talkin' about  ;) ) and REALLY got a lot of peoples attention with that awesome polishing job. 

Anyway, I found out that he lived only about 40 minutes from me.  We were planning a BBQ with some other members and we invited MH.  Unfortunatly, the BBQ was cancelled... but MH and I stayed in touch.  A few weeks ago, he was in New Orleans on business.. I happen to work in New Orleans so we arranged to meet for diner. 

The food was "ok" but the conversation was great!

Long story short, I've been in possession of MH's Qui-style saber since then.  I've showed it off to family and co-workers... everyone loves it. 

First, some pictures....

Pretty impressive stuff, right?

Well, MH wanted an honest opinon ... he's told me over and over, to make sure I critiqued this as biasly as possible.  So here it is...

There's nothing bad to say about this saber...  :D
It's as clean on the inside as it is on the outside... great wiring job.

The finish is spectacluar!!!!  This saber looks chrome plated... better even.  The Crystal chamber lights up nicly on both sides and the Jedi Star cut out is top-notch dremeling!!!  (Well done, Amptrooper!)

The PC job on the shroud was done in Solar Rain... which is a transparent.  It's evenly coated and flawlessly applied.  The black is either Flat black or Black Magic... I'm not sure which... but either way... it is also expertly done.

The sound is crisp and clear and the recharge port/kill key is secure.

I have two negative things to say:

1.  One screw is slightly off center.  At first glance, it's not even noticeable... you really have to study the saber to see it.
2.  I don't own this saber  :D

I did this review for a few reasons...

A)  MH is humble and gracious.  I like that.  He's not trying to be better than anyone... he's just being himself.
B)  His work speaks volumes.  He's passionate about doing a good job and it shows.
C)  He's an up and coming sabersmith and I wanted to support that.... the fact that he lives close by is coincidental but fortunate. 

Bottom line, if I was selling this saber, MH... I'd be asking for about $800.00.  This is truely a great peice and thank you for letting me see it.

I'll be shipping it back to you so you have it in time for Halloween (2014  ;D).

And thank you all for reading!!!!

Master Jedye

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline pneumoniaprone

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »
I loved the look of this saber since he first put it out there. It just has a totally unique look to it and a lot of great detail. Great work by both him and Amp.

I own one of his other sabers and it looks just like the day he sent it shiny shiny shiny.

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
This saber needs a name! It is hard to talk about. Ever time we talk about it we say things like the Qui saber, Qui-gon like saber and so on. Time for a name! My vote is the Believer saber. I say this because this saber reminds me so much of the things that Qui-Gon stood for. He believed in the Force, The Jedi Order, The Republic and the Chosen One. I feel that this saber shows all that. The Solar Rain PC to me say's that not only did he believe in it all but was and did give his life for it. Okay, I know that was very geeky  ;D  But, that is my vote!
It's MH's saber (unfortunately ;) ) so he should name it!
Dude you did a great job again! This came out amazing!
God bless!

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
Thanks MJ for the review, the praise you gave it when I handed it to you and this review means a lot coming from you.  The black is 20% gloss...so basically like a satin black.

and thank you pneumoniaprone (glad you still enjoy the saber) and Amp for the compliments.

Amp I came up with a name last night (and am still weighing other names).  The one I came up with was Premio which I got from a English to Italian translation of trophy (from our conversations a while back).  I will continue to think about it and come up with something official later...especially if I sell it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:54:52 PM by MH »

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »
Thanks MJ for the review, the praise you gave it when I handed it to you and this review means a lot coming from you.  The black is 20% gloss...so basically like a satin black.

and thank you pneumoniaprone (glad you still enjoy the saber) and Amp for the compliments.

Amp I came up with a name last night (and am still weighing other names).  The one I came up with was Premio which I got from a English to Italian translation of trophy (from our conversations a while back).  I will continue to think about it and come up with something official later...especially if I sell it.
Yeah, that's cool! Being Italian myself, I dig it! ;)

Offline Jedi Loreen

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »
Yay for Italians!  :D

;)
In order to see the Light
You must sometimes risk the Dark

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 12:55:13 AM »
amazing job as always MH :o 8)  very clean look, and everything fits so nicely together. great job

MTFBWY
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

retrousse