fiduciary

Author Topic: Tri-cree not lighting up when saber ignites CFX: SOLVED  (Read 815 times)

Offline fox3455

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Tri-cree not lighting up when saber ignites CFX: SOLVED
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:53:18 AM »
Hello,

I've been trying to find someone to help me with this issue and I am hoping this form of masters can help.

I made my first saber ever 2 weeks ago. I had a mild issue where I got sound and no lights but I realized that it was due to an error in my config file in the root directory. I had set ledstrip=0 but I hadn't set the strippower=0000. After changing strip power to 0000 from 1111, the LED worked. When I built the saber, it came with a Nightfall sound font as default, but I added my own sound font I had purchased.

About 4 days ago, I decided to try the default sound font Nightfall which I had moved to slot 2. After showing a friend the Anakin font I purchased (It is the AniFlex hilt from 7Chambers) I changed to the Nightfall sound font to give it a shot. When I ignited the saber, the tri-cree did not light up. After thinking maybe I had to edit the config.txt or something, I swapped back to the Anakin font. To my dismay, the tri-cree again did not ignite and it has not lit up since.

I have now formatted the card, added the updated CFX pack, and even added a default LEDS.txt file which Anakin did not have. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? I can post files and pictures of my file structure.

Kind regards,
-fox3455
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:44:00 AM by fox3455 »

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: Tri-cree not lighting up when saber ignites CFX: SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 12:16:35 PM »
If the original font worked and you didn

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
  • Just a guy looking to make saber stuff!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 04:08:25 AM »
Have you update the CFX card to the latest firmware? Then put the default files on and test.
Remember: Han shot first!
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline fox3455

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 04:43:25 AM »
UPDATE:

As of this morning, I found the issue which for whatever reason coincided with swapping fonts, the power wire detached. Long story short, now the board fried itself and I know this issue. I just need to buy a new board at this point. Thanks for the help, turns out it was all really bad timing, haha.

Burned board story:

I took off the electrical tape to figure out why the LED stopped working. Figured out my power wire disconnected so tried to slide it out the hilt to fix it. Despite having done this 2-3 times without the tape, this last time the board popped up just enough to make contact with the hilt and catch fire

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 06:48:45 AM »
this last time the board popped up just enough to make contact with the hilt and catch fire
That would definitely be a problem. Sorry to hear that... Maybe it can be repaired? Reach out to ERV possibly?
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline fox3455

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:47:41 AM »
this last time the board popped up just enough to make contact with the hilt and catch fire
That would definitely be a problem. Sorry to hear that... Maybe it can be repaired? Reach out to ERV possibly?

Do you think he would do something? I figure I have to buy a new one because it was user error during install. But I can reach out if there is a chance that I may get help.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 09:27:33 AM »
He would be able to repair it for you, though you would have t pay for shipping and the cost of parts, you would need to contact Erv to discuss it.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 10:11:39 AM »
Might still be less expensive then buying a new one.
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that...not sure, based on your setup, if possible, but try to always put the kill key in or remove power from the board when doing anything at all with it...that said, I have had my own fire, which is very jarring!

Erv uses Chewbacca (his handle on this forum) to do his US repairs...he did one for me and was very fast and successful. Might reach out and try to get him a picture of the damage...based on the extent of it, he will likely tell you if easier to fix or just grab a new one.

retrousse