fiduciary

Author Topic: ESB Han Solo costume base costume!  (Read 12472 times)

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
  • Alfs of the Old Republic?
ESB Han Solo costume base costume!
« on: September 29, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
Hello everyone!

Well, I haven't posted or even viewed on a regular basis since I teach band during the year and it leaves me with little energy or free time. However, I decided I wanted to buy a Han Solo ESB costume. I went online and searched Ebay and costume base is the only company out there that I found selling costumes. This costume is complete: everything except boots. It retailed $179 (buy it now) but there was a "make an offer" button. I ended up getting is for $139 instead, so I saved myself some money! This costume includes the brown pants with the yellow Corellian stripe, white shirt, navy blue jacket and a custom made brown leather belt complete with the correct buckle, holster, and little side pouches. There is also a metal half circle thing on the back of the belt, possibly for a droid caller? I had read many reviews and all their actual costumes had good reviews. It took around 6-7 days from Singapore,  which isn't bad at all. I got it and tore it open like a kid at Christmas. This costume rocks! I am a bigger guy, so the jacket is a bit snug and the shirt as well, but that is to no fault of the seller! The belt itself is awesome! I would recommend costume base to anyone. I had a great experience and a great costume. Here are some pics...

Let me know what you think!

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: ESB Han Solo costume base costume!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »
Looks pretty cool there Jediknightguy.

But it only has to look good for you, that's all that counts.

But IMO it looks great.  Get some boots and you're done.  Also check out Erv's new blaster sound board.  Looks like you have the same blaster I have.  Erv is making a generic blaster  board that will fit into the DL-44.  It will have lights and sound.  FYI  ;)

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 04:30:36 PM »
My blaster is a solid heavy metal reproduction of the Mauser. It isn't hollow, unfortunately...and it weighs my belt down so I have to really tighten it to avoid dropage. Thankfully, I have another functional belt on underneath to keep the Corellian shorts from showing...haha. I love the costume, especially since I have the solo look and the solo blaster. I couldn't pull off a look.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »
I have the same costume. it fits you better than me ;)
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »
 ;D

Great job on the costume!!Thanks for the pics!! 8)

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »
Thanks everyone...the credit belongs to costume base though. Now, if my wife would wear a slave leia bikini, I'd be set. But wait, I'd have to be in carbonite for that to happen. Hmm...I think it would be worth it though. Haha.

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 07:38:56 PM »
 :) Very Nice Costume! I've been really impressed with his stuff.Thanks for the pics! ;)

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »
Dont let the rebel legion find out you got something from costumebase/pan-in-th-box. they say its nto very accurate for anything they do but hay for the price an avarage costumer isent gonna care.

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 04:12:48 PM »
Really? This stuff looks pretty accurate to me. I did some searching just now for any existing pictures of his ESB costume and I am hard pressed to find inaccuracies...and I am a huge fan. I don't know anyone else out there who makes high quality and cost-effective costumes. Take a look at all the ebay listings for the company.  I'd love to see what they'd consider inaccurate!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:18:20 PM by JediKnightGuy82 »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »
 ;)
I belong to the rebel legion and i have a jedi belt from costume base and they never blinked an eye aproving my costume. ;D

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »
Well, there you go...haha. Don't let the word get out, or you'll be out!

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »
Thats the belt.

In the RL forum for rebel troopers, theres a post about the hoth costumes. you see they get uptite about it.

Alot of folks say that the han holster dosent fit the blaster that han uses very well.

The rotj Troopers camo costumes are laughed at.

As for the han costume the pants and belt looks off a bit. but other than that it looks pritty good. Some will say things about the jacket but it looks close. But other than that it dosent look to bad.

Its kinda hard to mess up Han but theres a site called corellian exports or something like that. they do alot of stuff that ahs to do with han and corellian styling.

Some of costume bases stuff is a good start but remember you get what you pay for. and if you try to bring up inaccuracys with the seller/owner he will thro a fit saying you dont know what your talking about.

But remember you get what you pay for, Me Iam gonna to to twin roses for my costume.

http://members.aol.com/corellianexports/main.html for all your corellian needs.

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 02:25:04 PM »
Ok, so again the inaccuracies are few and far between. The stripes are not as small or packed in as closely. Other than that, I can't find anything. The gun I have (exact replica of the WW2 mauser) fits in the holster, although a bit tight. That is also due to being new and not worn in properly. Considering that most licensed costumes for adults from from $60-70 for a jumpsuit, this costume is great. I don't think that what I got was in any way sub-par and would be interested to see how your costume turns out.

Also, within the ranks of the Legion there is variance among costumes...

compared to the stripes on...

So, I don't get what the big deal was with having this costume base costume. Looks comparable anything else I've seen.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 05:47:23 PM »
 :D :D
boy oh boy this is going to be good. :o ;D

Offline JediKnightGuy82

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 06:29:57 PM »
Sorry Master Kenobi, but it rather irks me when someone offers complaints on a product by another organization, and that particular organization has costumes within it's ranks that are just as inaccurate as mine...and I get warned to "watch out!" Sorry, but I think my costume rocks and that's all there is to it!

retrousse