fiduciary

Author Topic: Clone Wars not canon  (Read 11454 times)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Re: Clone Wars not canon
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »
the CW is for the younger generation.   when most of us saw darth maul getting cut in half in TPM we said "lame CGI" -- when a toddler sees it, he's horrified -- he looks up with big brown eyes and says .." did he REALLY die, daddy?"   

for these people, we have "cartoons" that show how darth maul survived and became something ridiculous and borderline "funny" -- so now we can say to our horrified children "...no, son.  he didn't REALLY die.  watch the cartoon.   he survived being cut in half and being thrown down a bottomless pit -- he can survive anything -- he's just like Wile.E.Coyote"

and they buy it ;)
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Deceptae

• Force User
  • Power, Passion, Strength
Re: Clone Wars not cannon
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »

And yes, i'm still waiting for a headless Dooku to make his return...

Great, now I'm picturing a Sleepy Hollow with Lightsabers..........The Headless Sith/Horseman........ :P

Dave

they kept his head in a jar like futurama. just install it on a magnaguard body and he's set.
...The Force Shall Set Me Free.

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
Re: Clone Wars not cannon
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »

And yes, i'm still waiting for a headless Dooku to make his return...

Great, now I'm picturing a Sleepy Hollow with Lightsabers..........The Headless Sith/Horseman........ :P

Dave

they kept his head in a jar like futurama. just install it on a magnaguard body and he's set.

nice.

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »
Just my 2c but I like how mail came back, the fact that he a brother and stuff no, but if you read the book about mauls apprenticeship it is conceivable he could survive~remember a lightener caaturises the wound~and he survived some pretty intense stuff before~what I don't like was sateen~where did she come from?!either bant or siri should have been obis interest~
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »
I think the purpose of Obi's relationship with Sateen was partly to show how much of an arrogant self-righteous SNOB that Obi-Wan became during the CW era...it also adds subtext to the whole insidious [pun intended] suspicions Palpatine tried to plant in Anakin's mind that Obi-Wan and Padme were having an affair [the reason for Ani's "Your WITH HIM now" rant in ROTS and made clearer as part of Palpatine's deceptions in the novelization]] if Anakin knows because of Obi's relationship with Duchess Sateen that Obi likes to 'date UP' and thinks that he is good enough for Royalty...something that Anakin coming from 'humble' background as a former slave had a bit of an inferiority-complex doubts about Padme which Palpatine/Sidious could use against him, and did.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »
Now that I see it that way you have a very good point~

Oh another this I liked was that we got to see palpatiene duel the way he's supposed to!awesomely! Unlike the pathetic movie cg and old fart swinging~
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
Well this very topic is whats up at Disney/LF, as discussions are now up as to what in the EU is to become an official piece of the canon whilst the chop be thrown out the window as Disney/LF make the jump to the true unification of those wonderful tales from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

April 29 update:
its official, the six films, clone wars series, and all star wars properties moving forward after and including rebels, will be canon.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:30:01 PM by KingOfDathomir »

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Darth Hizzo

• Padawan Learner
  • Formerly Known as Darth Santa Naughty ... or nice?
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 06:30:47 AM »
I'm very late to the party but I've been watching clone wars for the first time via a netflix binge watch.

A lot of people are questioning how Maul could survive his injury and fall.  I'd like to point out he isn't human, so why are we holding him to human standards when it comes to survivability?  You can cut an earth worm in half and the part with the head will survive, for example.  Also, like someone else pointed out, the heat from the lightsaber would cauterize the wound, improving chances of survival. 

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 09:11:50 AM »
I'm very late to the party but I've been watching clone wars for the first time via a netflix binge watch.

A lot of people are questioning how Maul could survive his injury and fall.  I'd like to point out he isn't human, so why are we holding him to human standards when it comes to survivability?  You can cut an earth worm in half and the part with the head will survive, for example.  Also, like someone else pointed out, the heat from the lightsaber would cauterize the wound, improving chances of survival.

Also, they let Luke survive a fall like that (in Ep. V), granted... he was nearly whole when he fell (sans a hand). So maybe that is where the logic came from.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 10:45:51 AM »
Hopefully they won't use the same plot device of falling down a chasm and surviving with Palpatine in episode VII. Plus the chasm he fell down was subsequently destroyed along with the rest of the deathstar II, kinda making a bit of an impossible stretch that he'd survive. Plus Maul didn't explode into blue energy when he fell either, and nor did Luke.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Elim Vos

• Master Force User
  • doing what is necessary is not always right
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »
Which Is EXACTLY my view on Master Windu, hand cut off thrown out window…….He is still alive.
"In the Light, I have Balance. In the Darkness, I am Free"

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
Which Is EXACTLY my view on Master Windu, hand cut off thrown out window…….He is still alive.

Maybe... lol... BUT.... Windu did get ZAPPED with like thirty-five gabillion volts of Force eccentricity so maybe he was knocked out at the time he fell out the window and hit a hovertrain going 300 mph and it would have been 'splat' for him. After all, he didn't have any Annakorn apprentices flying a jet car underneath to save him.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:21:57 AM by SpaceWindu »

Offline Elim Vos

• Master Force User
  • doing what is necessary is not always right
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
I can see that.
however, If you compare the two (Skywalker and Windu) one was a seasoned Master and one was a barely trained Padawan.
I just don't see how, unless he was unconscious. I believe He would have been able to survive.   
"In the Light, I have Balance. In the Darkness, I am Free"

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
Well, I've always fantasized at hearing an old man Windu tale, the old hermit who lives in the bowels and refuse of Imperial Coruscant, playing basically a Robin Hood role for the people of the under-city.

BTW, with TCW becoming canon, is the micro-series accounted for also? As we never got the 7th and 8th seasons of TCW, I like to bookend Vol. 1 at the front of the series following AOTC, with Vol. 2 following the Lost Missions into ROTS (even though vol. 2's opening scenes pre-dates the Battle of Christophsis, it soon goes through a timeline transition to the waning weeks of the Clone Wars right before ROTS).

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Chris_Jonathan

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Video Animation Inc.
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 03:17:35 AM »
I don't consider the "second" clone wars series canon,one simple reason Darth Maul alive? wtf, if he could live after getting sliced into two then qui gon jinn could of survived from a stab wound,ohh now lets give him a brother and make him a force sensitive as well,come on, i thought they could do better than that  :(

also how can people hate the prequels when they should be hating on the clone wars(2),not even my little sister could watch it and she loved anakin
I agreed..

retrousse