fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52332 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: Darth Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
C3PO wasn't a racist stereotype like Jar Jar 'Steppinfetchit/Sambo' Binks...Ewoks would be ok if they were always meant to be that way but since we know they were supposed to be Wookies naming them ewoks is a constant reminder of what they arent...I like Ahsoka and the CW generally when Daddy's Little Girl isn't dumbing it down.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
I watched the episode this morning. I thought it was pretty good, I just wish there was more back story on how he survived. Maybe there will be more in the next episode. Personally, I like TCW a lot. I think the creative direction and freedom is a nice and much needed breath of fresh air into the Star Wars universe. You gotta understand, when George first told his story, he was extremely limited in what he could show his audience. He stretched the boundaries of film making to show us what he did. With the prequels, and the animated show he's able to show us more. Maybe we need to accept that maybe the original perception that fans had of what the universe was like in Star Wars, maybe, just maybe is not what George had/has in mind. I like Ewoks, I like Ahsoka, I like all the cool new story directions in the CW series. I don't mind Jar Jar, people thought the same of 3PO when he first came on screen, but now he's beloved. Go figure.

Perfect

Offline boshwan527

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
I watched the episode this morning. I thought it was pretty good, I just wish there was more back story on how he survived. Maybe there will be more in the next episode. Personally, I like TCW a lot. I think the creative direction and freedom is a nice and much needed breath of fresh air into the Star Wars universe. You gotta understand, when George first told his story, he was extremely limited in what he could show his audience. He stretched the boundaries of film making to show us what he did. With the prequels, and the animated show he's able to show us more. Maybe we need to accept that maybe the original perception that fans had of what the universe was like in Star Wars, maybe, just maybe is not what George had/has in mind. I like Ewoks, I like Ahsoka, I like all the cool new story directions in the CW series. I don't mind Jar Jar, people thought the same of 3PO when he first came on screen, but now he's beloved. Go figure.

QFT!

Offline Free Thinker

• Force User
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »
I watched the episode over the weekend, and thought it was generally okay. As others have already said, it really depends on what happens in the next episode. If I remember rightly from the trailer, Maul ditches the 'spider-legs' in favour of a General Grievous pair for his show-down with Obi-wan. Maybe as part of the transformation, a portion of his sanity is restored as well. I guess we'll see.

p.s. If my recollection of the trailer is wrong, you can put that down to the cup of tea I'm drinking. Tastes a bit wierd....

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »
I really wish I didn't care so much.  I think at this point the best thing for me to do is laugh about it.  I mean, I could spend the rest of my life debating about this with people, or I could just become indifferent.  I don't know... hahaha..

Trying to rationalize the creative choices of an eccentric billionaire who created a modern myth is like trying to solve the mysteries of the universe.  No one will know the answer but him.

Offline boshwan527

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
I really wish I didn't care so much.  I think at this point the best thing for me to do is laugh about it.  I mean, I could spend the rest of my life debating about this with people, or I could just become indifferent.  I don't know... hahaha..

That's exactly how I feel...except it's after reading posts like yours :(

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:06 PM »
I figure at least if I'm getting some amusement out of it, then at least I won't be disappointed.  When it comes to entertainment sometimes it's best to have low expectations and be shocked if they are far exceeded than to hype something up and be let down when it can't meet those expectations.

I'm just becoming too cynical as I get older. 

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2012, 12:00:21 AM »
I figure at least if I'm getting some amusement out of it, then at least I won't be disappointed.  When it comes to entertainment sometimes it's best to have low expectations and be shocked if they are far exceeded than to hype something up and be let down when it can't meet those expectations.

I'm just becoming too cynical as I get older. 

"Expect the worst, then everything else is extra." - A good mentor of mine.

Offline Free Thinker

• Force User
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
Whoops! :o I just realized that my 'insightful observation' about Maul's legs has already been discussed (in detail) a few pages back. That'll teach me to read posts from back to front!

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
I watched the episode this morning. I thought it was pretty good, I just wish there was more back story on how he survived...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_%28film%29

"..Todd seemingly dies when he falls from a great height."

"..Todd and his dead comrades are dumped on the surface of Arcadia 234, a waste disposal planet with dangerously high wind velocities. Though badly injured, Todd limps his way toward a colony of humans who crash-landed there twelve years earlier, and have managed to survive and build a society from the planet's ubiquitous mountains of trash."

"..In a subsequent conflict with a curled SNAKE, Todd teaches Nathan how to face it down..."

-===-

-->     ANYBODY who has seen the movie "Soldier" with kurt russell and gary busey, knows exactly how Maul survived:    
he was "presumed dead", dumped on a "garbage planet" with other trash,  and forced to survive/rebuild using "ubiquitous mountains of trash" as a resource.  

--> add the "snake" for good measure and, (with NO ROOM FOR DOUBT),   you've got "Katie's Inspiration":  a 1990's sci-fi B-movie with kurt russell and gary busey.

as soon as I saw the "garbage planet" environment I knew Mauls' entire backstory ::)      it comes from a (cornball) kurt russell movie. ::)  

-=======-
-=======-

its ironic because StarWars used to INSPIRE copycats.   in 1976 GL said one of the reasons for essentially 'remaking flash gordon' was to "bring back" sci-fi (!like socks and sandals baby!) he wanted to inspire an entire "Genre" of sci-fi/fantasy copycats.

--> now it seems the 'copycats' are the ones inspiring star wars :( oh how the mighty have fallen :(  [/full circle]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:06:44 PM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
wow. Forgot about that movie. Pretty forgettable as is, but your right.

I know people are going to use the"well it was intended for kids" defense. Well fine then, you had an epic that had the potential to be GREAT but since you wanted to keep it for kids you have dumbed it down to mediocre at best, good for you. It will not live up to its contemporary epics like Lord of the Rings.

Its legacy could have been that of an epic saga like we felt about th OT, but they are determined to turn it into a childish second-rate sci-fi, I'll pass.

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Formerly known as forcepractitioner
  • Master Force User
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2012, 08:07:27 AM »
Does anybody know when the Episode 22 of season 4 of the Clone Wars will be released and watchable online?

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
Does anybody know when the Episode 22 of season 4 of the Clone Wars will be released and watchable online?
Tomorrow on starwars.com...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »
People may not have liked Part 1 that much but Part 2 was great. I don't care what anyone else says!!  ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:19:18 PM by Machinimax »

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
Part 2 was much better than part 1...but almost anything would have to be. At least we don't have pathetic Spider-Maul anymore and there was actually one fairly decent line in it [the one about slaughter] so I'll give this episode a passing grade.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse