fiduciary

Author Topic: How would you rate Clone Wars?  (Read 56499 times)

Offline Terias

• Force User
Re: How would you rate Clone Wars?
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »
I'll be honest there have been some intersting episodes, the later seasons are supurbly better then the first, however when I hold it up to something like the young jedi knights, or New Jedi order.. well it doesnt hold a candle.... those books, not being written by lucas still manage to hold more of the starwars feel, without being immature and without being TO mature that a younger audience couldnt get into it...

The clone wars isnt bad per say... Just disappointing, they arn't giving their audience enough credit... either way though I suppose SOME starwars is better then none, as we all know the Fate of the jedi series is taking its sweet time!

Offline Darth Radford

• Padawan Learner
  • Avenger of the Lost
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »
I agree.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
they arn't giving their audience enough credit...

the audience is seven years old.    when it comes to ESB, GL wanted lightweight campy fare that little kids could watch over popcorn -- but kirshner&co gave him a dark sequal that little kids might find scary.   when a little kid watches ESB he might freak out watching han solo go into the carbon pit. BUT if he's seen clone wars,, then he can relax because he's seen it before.  YES it takes away from the drama of the moment, when it happens in ESB.. but only for the little ones who have already seen CW.

I think CW is a good way for little ones to cut their teeth on SW, because,  it's aimed at children and it doesn't take itself too seriously.   but anyone who is a Real Fan (tm) will be dissappointed, because, the show aims at an intelligence-level FAR below that of the film series (and doesn't take itself seriously enough).   

--> its a double-edged sword.

I think its great, that my little kids have taken such an interest in ALL things 'star wars'.   
 but, yeah.    I have a hard time watching it, personally.   
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
I think it's cool that there are some shows that are geared more towards a younger audience, but I have to disagree with you about Empire.  I think kids can handle watching the original films just fine, like those of us who were kids when they came out.  We all turned out to be healthy, happy, independent, and responsible adults.  I agree that there may be scary moments in the films, but nothing that was too intense for them to handle.  I think a lot of children's entertainment today is watered down and that kids are capable of handling more realistic issues about life and death.  Grim's fairy tales were very gruesome and dark and were meant to expose children at an early age to the harsh realities of life, and were written specifically with kids in mind.

There is no reason in the world that entertainment for youngsters can't still have the same consequences of death or threat to the heroes that would exist in real life.  This emotional connection with the characters is what gives the audience a sense of empathy for the fictional story that is being shown.  I find that much of what is out there, including Clone Wars, doesn't really have a sense of true danger, or give some sort of moral to their stories about why it is important to do the right thing.

Children are smarter than many give them credit for, and while it is up to parents to decide what is appropriate for their children to be exposed to, I see no harm in sharing films like Empire to them, as long as their child is taught the difference between films and reality.  Children play with toy guns and swords all the time, killing one another over and over.  But the ideas behind this is that they are working towards a child's understanding of certain values.  Fighting for what is right, defending their family and friends, fighting tyranny, etc.  Granted children will not be able to articulate these ideas, but unless your child is pretending to hack innocent people to death, I think parents have nothing to worry about.

Just my thoughts.  My response is not meant to be argumentative, but I see it differently.   :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:14:23 PM by Psab Keel »

Offline Arkhan

• Experienced Force User
    • IMPERIAL ROYAL ARMS:   RK Customs
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »
I'm looking at a "6"

Its not completely awful.  It tells a story of a war that was largely glossed over between EPII and EPIII

At least they don't pull Star Destroyers out of orbit with the FORCE

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
Yeah, I am leaning more towards an 8 on a scale of 1-10.
I think most of it is well written and very well made.
I love the Clones and how they bring individuality to them.
There are some of the shows that are a down right flop and
at times the story line is really pushing it as far as being able to fit
in with the Star Wars Universe. Really glad to have the Clone Wars!

Offline Darth Radford

• Padawan Learner
  • Avenger of the Lost
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »
That's exactly why I enjoy watching the series..........gee a whole movie completely about the 501st or any other clone squad would suit me just fine.

Offline Padawan ahsoka tano

• No Force
  • 'Yes master'
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
I love the show, i think its cool but some of it should be more action
Padawan Ahsoka Tano. :)

Offline Darth Radford

• Padawan Learner
  • Avenger of the Lost
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »
Interesting opinion......................from my point of view, that's all the show is ; action on top of action!
That's what is so unbelievable about it................not in a good way.

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »
I'd give season three 3 stars out of 5, I expected more secrets but, you can see Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship from Master and Student being more then just that. Lucas car run this show forever as long as the ratings hold strong.

I'm looking forward to season four and looking forward to season three on Blu-Ray
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline shinrashinra

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
I like the charater design!!

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
  • I gots BAD frostbite on Hoth.
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »
I think I've posted here before, but I'd like to add a little something.
After ROTS I said to myself, what about all the other stories they could have told? And that's what the Clone Wars is doing. And I like it.

GV

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
Ya but the key word in regards to what happens between AOTC and ROTS in WARS, the Clone WARS.

This show is fine for kids, but it water downs the impact of the clone war. Its like "anakin and his silly adventures with gungans."

Ya there are a few instances of great storylines, particularly when Anakin teeters and the edge of the darkside, but overall they have missed the point.

There should be battles, good ones. War is gritty, dark, intense. This is silly, light hearted, and ridiculous.

I've said it before here, but they would do themselves a favor to tell the story right. They need to do a series on Starz or HBO where they can literally "unleash" the saga and tell the story with all the grit and blood and intensity it deserves.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
There should be battles, good ones. War is gritty, dark, intense. This is silly, light hearted, and ridiculous.

I've said it before here, but they would do themselves a favor to tell the story right. They need to do a series on Starz or HBO where they can literally "unleash" the saga and tell the story with all the grit and blood and intensity it deserves.

Hear hear!  Now THAT is something I would subscribe to.  In fact, I'd love to see an unleashed version of the entire Star Wars Saga.  Let's see it the way it REALLY would've looked.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2011, 02:40:08 PM »
That sort of unleashed thing makes you wonder if luke had some sort of battle meditation when he fought vader in rotj.  Think about the odds the  rebellion faced and overcame.  Of course, battle meditation wasn't thought of at the time.  Just a thought i had... if anyone wants to discuss that, feel free to separate this into it's own thread mods.

/end threadjack.

retrousse