fiduciary

Author Topic: Cyano's Anakin Skywalker ROTS (2005) FX Lightsaber Review  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Cyano Khaar

• Experienced Force User
  • Feel the Force
Cyano's Anakin Skywalker ROTS (2005) FX Lightsaber Review
« on: December 29, 2006, 12:59:07 PM »
Here it is! My Anakin FX saber review.

Crazy story on how I got it. I went to the sharper image on day to find an Anakin FX on the shelf. I was at the sharper image to get a Vader FX saber so I got that one. However, by looking at the Anakin, I knew it would be my next saber to grab.

So about 2 months later, I decided to get myself a Christmas gift. What makes the best gifts? Lightsabers of course! So I went to America, went to the sharper image, and GASP, it was gone. I asked the sales clerk if they had any Anakin sabers. They said no, and that they never would because they were not being produced. I then asked if they had any Obi wan sabers. The clerk said 'in your dreams'.

So...I had to drive all the way back to Canada in a pissed off mood, empty handed. I went around checking my local future shop, bestbuy, etc. and I had no luck at all. I eventually decided to order one of the internet. I went to brians toys.com, ordered an Anakin saber, and waited. The saber was 99 dollars, on top of that was 40 bucks for shipping because Canada is "Foreign" even though I live 5 min from the US border. It said that it would come in about 4 buisness days. Well, 11 days later, it shows up (today). Guess what? I had to pay an additional 30 dollars for some reason, or else they would not give me the package. So 170 dollars later, I have it. Was it worth it? Yes, but I wish it could have been cheaper.

The Blade

I put some duracell ultra batteries in the saber, and flicked it on. It glows a beautiful deep blue colour. This blue is amazing, and looks nothing like what you see in the pictures. Pictures do not do justice with this colour. It is also very bright, but not as bright as my Luke ROTJ saber. It is brighter than the Vader ESB saber though.

There are a few blotches, but honestly, you cannot see them unless you tilt the saber at a strange angle. As I always say, unless you are looking for something to critizise, you will not find anything to critizise.

The blade is sturdy, and is the studiest out of all of my sabers. It feels harder than my other ones too. I dont have the Obi wan to compare this to for brightness and sturdyness, but I am compltely satisfied, and I dont know how anything can match this.

The Hilt

:o :o :o

The hilt is amazing. 11 out of 10. This hilt is THE best hilt EVER. It is so sharp and pretty looking, you just want to hold it up in the air and praise it. The shinyness of the hilt is great, it looks so expensive. I am in awe with this hilt, nothing can surpass it's beauty. Your fingerprints do get onto the chrome part of the hilt, but they come off with a dry cloth.

The hilt feels strong, but looks delicate at the same time. The on/off button is great, I love the way it feels. The gold paint on it has not chipped at all, and it shows no signs of doing so. I have not had problems turning off the saber while spinning it, so I dont see why some people are complaining.

The Sounds

The sounds are the same as the Luke ROTJ sounds, but are a little deeper sounding, and the activation sound is different. The Luke saber is still louder than both the Anakin and Vader combined.

Recycled sounds are kinda lame, but I can't really complain because the rest of this saber is awsome.

The motion sensing is the most accurate of all the sabers. The clash sound is the easiest one to activate too.

Closing

Luke for blade

Anakin For hilt

Vader for sounds

The Anakins blue colour is great, but my favorite colour is green so I prefer the Luke's blade colour. The blue of the anakin is still amazing though.

The hilt on the Anakin wins hands down. Nothing can compete with this hilt. nuff said

The sounds on the Anakin are recycled, which is lame. So the Vader wins sounds wise, because of the cool sithy sounds.

I have no major complaints for ANY of these sabers. The Anakin is a great addition to my collection, and is a must own. In my opinion it beats out the obi wan. :D

~Cyano Khaar

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:00:48 PM by Cyano Khaar »

Offline Ulic Qel-Droma

• Experienced Force User
Re: Cyano's Anakin Skywalker ROTS (2005) FX Lightsaber Review
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »
Great review. Yesterday I ordered a Luke ROTJ for my first saber. Do you think it was a good decision?

Offline Cyano Khaar

• Experienced Force User
  • Feel the Force
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »
Yes, it was my first saber and I loved it. Since they are out of production, it will be nice to know that you own one.

Make sure you order this though, it makes the hilt look spiffy
http://www.eitsrc.com/closeup.asp?cid=45&pid=103&offset=0

Offline Ulic Qel-Droma

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:56:03 PM »
I'll try and post a review once I get it. ;)

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »
congrats CK....the Anakin ROTS is my favorite lightsaber of all time. i think once you hold and ignite it your gonna be hooked.
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 05:50:27 PM »
Congrats cyano on your anakin rots saber. I really love mine. I remember when I bought mine at spenser's and opened the box for the first time. My mouth stayed open for a solid hour. I lit that bad boy and cried out omg. Anyway I never was the same lol.As for master ulic; you've made a wise choice my friend. I think the luke rotj is one cool saber. Do post pics when you get it!!DaJoQuim

retrousse