fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ANH Love it or Leave it? or Graflex?  (Read 33868 times)

Offline vargose

• Force User
Re: Luke ANH Love it or Leave it? or Graflex?
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
If I had to choose. I would go with a real graflex, or build something similar out of aluminum. I would probably build something similar. Its not as expensive and it doesn't have to be as thick. I don't like 1.5" saber. Much to big for me. I like 1.375 myself. Just cut and s curve and throw a couple replica thumb screws and your done. MR looks grossly oversized.

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
Vintage G not replica. Battered and bruised Vintage always over a replica.
it's all Elemental

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 11:25:13 PM »
Vintage G not replica. Battered and bruised Vintage always over a replica.

Agreed. I do still like both though. Just vintage moreso :)

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2011, 01:31:45 AM »
If I had to choose. I would go with a real graflex, or build something similar out of aluminum. I would probably build something similar. Its not as expensive and it doesn't have to be as thick. I don't like 1.5" saber. Much to big for me. I like 1.375 myself. Just cut and s curve and throw a couple replica thumb screws and your done. MR looks grossly oversized.

Mr looks pretty accurate to me. On the right is my Graflex, left the Master replica. I was doing a sound comparison video, but you can see they are the same size. And in all honesty, for the price of a master replica, you get a fairly decent hilt WITH a soundboard for 100 bucks ish. spend some more cash on it, and you can get a brighter blade thats removable and you can dual a bit with it, sounds like a bragain to me. Granted they aren't even in the same league as a Graflex, price or quality wise, so it's not really a fair comparison. I love my graflex 10x times more though.

Shane

Offline Darthlwin

• Master Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 01:33:28 AM »
I'd like both a graflex and a Luke ANH.

Just me i guess, but i like collecting different versions of an object to compare them.

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 12:32:41 AM »
I think every saber is beautiful in there own way. They each bring something to the table.  Even if its not the amazing works of art that madcow can bring to life. Each saber ether hand made or production run becomes something unique in the hands of its new owner.  Every little scratch or ding, every smudge or polished peace makes the saber one of a kind. Something the owner loves or complains about openly. But there is a place for every saber in someones collection.  So do i think the Luke ANH saber Graflex or otherwise is a worthy saber.   Yes, yes i do.
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Offline Adi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »
If there is one thing that I like and I care for : it is accuracy.
So if one day I decide to build a Luke Skywalker ANH or ESB (probably an ESB since I really like this episode), I think I would rather go for a vintage Graflex as my first choice. Then for the conversion, one thing sure is that I would try to buy one of Master Yoda's beautiful crystal core chassis. ^___^
You were right about one thing, master. The negotiations were short.

Offline Romad

• No Force
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 01:58:19 AM »
Love it!!!! +1 for the Graflex. :-)

retrousse