fiduciary

Author Topic: SaberFont loading issue on CFX  (Read 2420 times)

Offline lasher10

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
SaberFont loading issue on CFX
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:23:39 AM »
Hey all, I just purchased a couple sound fonts for my VV Ren Crossguard CFX. I couldn't find any instructions on how to install onto my saber so I just extracted the downloaded files from SaberFont, Created a new directory on the micro SD card and transferred the files over. The soundfonts work fine, but whenever I select the newly installed fonts in the soundbank....I get a loud error sounding *BEEP BEEP* before it says the introduction. Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to get rid of that annoying *BEEP BEEP* ?

Offline null

• No Force
Re: SaberFont loading issue on CFX
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
Hey lasher10

I believe that means there is a config file missing or one of the .wav files is not named correctly. Same thing happened to me when I loaded up a JKDF soundfont. To solve the problem I had to either rename the title .wav file to font.wav or copy and paste all the text files from a stock soundfont - can’t remember which one actually solved the problem = old age! :embarrassed:

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

Offline lasher10

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 11:59:22 AM »
I did change the title .wav file....that actually gave me the opening dialog for the font....but the *BEEP BEEP* still goes off before the opening dialog

Offline null

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 03:17:56 PM »
Hey lasher10

I took a quick look through the forum search tool and couldn't find anything dealing with the exact problem you are having. I found this topic where erv helps through some issues with format of the .boot files (which I think might be the issue with your soundfont);

SOLVED. Issue with custom boot sound on crystal focus 9

IIRC the soundcard beeps when it is unable to find a parameter it is searching for. Are your boot.txt files in place? Did you adjust any of the fields in .txt files & are all of your .txt (config, idle, led, lockup, readme) files in place in the selected folder?

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:19 PM »
I am guessing that you don’t have the appropriate font config in the folder you dropped your saber font purchase in. One thing you can try quickly is to put your new font into your config, then copy all of the text files from one of the CFX default package fonts into that folder (the saber font config a are just the sounds, not the CFX config files.)  just make sure to update the stock font config for anything specific you want on the new font.

Offline lasher10

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:26:02 PM »
My new sound fonts don't have a font_config.txt or leds.txt files......all my stock sound fonts do.....is that the problem? Where do I get those .txt files for my new fonts?

Offline lasher10

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 01:11:34 AM »
ok...figured it out......just copied an existing stock file and added all the new font files to that directory. The new font files don't have the font_config file.
I'm learning.  :cheesy:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 08:46:35 AM »
That was definitely the problem...I don’t think any of the sound font purchases ever come with config files since they change and are different across boards. One thing I always recall is the TCSS or GCS video that rob did...usually copies the new font on top of an existing one that works. Only issue there is if the old font had wav files not in the new font (then you might get a font wav or something that is out of place.)

retrousse