fiduciary

Author Topic: Master Windu's Review of the Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS) Force FX Lightsaber (2006)  (Read 14809 times)

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
I couldn't agree with you more. I truly think MR's Yoda will suprise us all with brand new technology, an amazing hilt, and super brightness. I think it'll come out May or June.
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Well, they say the even though it is in the works, it is still not definite yet untill they announce it officially. I think they may put this one off because of the 30th Anniversary. But one things for sure the future of the FX line up has never looked brighter, IMO.  ;)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
If they do make a Yoda FX, I hope they revise the technology so that the hilt can be at least nearly accurate sized.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
It being short handled and more accurate will probably be the reason why I wouldn't buy this one, ironicly enough... :P

On the other hand though I don't need a one handed saber, if the hilt and blade quality is good enough, I may add it to my collection for those reasons. This is just going to have to be a wait and see for me on this one.

-Joclad

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
I think if it is accurate sized a lot of people will buy it just for the novelty of having a little saber. It would be quite different.
I understand what you say about only wanting the best. I am starting to feel that way myself. The Luke has always bothered me a bit because of the blotchy blade. I plan to sell it and get the 'Hero' upgrade from JSS. I think I may go all luxeon and just keep my favourite MRs stock, just for the power up/down effect.
If the Obi-Wan is as good as everyone says (and I trust you guys on that) than it may be one of the ones I will get and keep stock.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Oh, GOD...I could NEVER bring myself to convert my Obi-Wan. Even if GOD forbid the LED's go bad, I will find some extra Obi-Wan LED strips left over from conversions and replace it before I'd go Luxeon with this. The blade is too smooth and bright to want to do anything else to, IMHO.

-Joclad

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Great conversation guys!

Me too, I would never convert my Obi Wan. The blade is too evenly lit!
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline The Negotiator

• Experienced Force User
  • "You became the very thing you swore to destroy!"
did u sell all of ur saber jacled or are they just not in ur sig?  ???

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
At the moment I only have the Obi-Wan, FX-Sabers Luxeon Luke ANH Graflex, and the Luke ROTJ which I am selling. Those are the only two sabers that I have right now. I plan on re-adding the Vader ESB back into my collection at a later date.[/Off Topic]

Now back on topic.... :P

I may even get me a second Obi-Wan as I love mine so much, that I want to get another one to keep mint.  ;D

-Joclad

Offline tanthosjorlac

• Padawan Learner
  • Jesus loves you!
    • The Jedi Assembly
I'm like you Joclad... I want a second Obi-Wan just to put up for display it's that good!!

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!!

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
i have to get one of these!
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline The Professor

• Experienced Force User
  • "I will do what I must"
Oooo I like it good review I gotta get me one of those.  Somewhere up front.
"I don't believe it." -Luke Skywalker
"That is why you fail." -Yoda

Offline Lord Clueless

• Force User
  • Saber Lord
very nice review!

retrousse