fiduciary

Author Topic: Official FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin Tutorial DVD  (Read 50281 times)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
Re: Official FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin Tutorial DVD
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »
WOOOO!!!! :) :)
I got my DVD
I just LOVE it,it so cool to have on dvd.
Perfected 3 new moves already and I have only had it for 12 hours..
EVERY FFX owner will want to have this and sould buy a copy ASAP!!
Master Bandit is the BEST teacher ever.
The way he breaks down the spins if I had a kid sister she would be able to learn..

I am now to the point where I am better at spins that I could have even though I could be,and I still have soo many moves to learn..
Thank you Bandit for helping me become a Master Rouge Jedi..
"Strong am I with the force"

You are very welcome Kit, i'm glad you are getting great use out of it and having fun.  You've always been one of my biggest supporters and I appreciate that.  If it wasn't for you I  don't think I would have been on the MR blog so many times! ahha

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 08:54:30 AM »
As you can all see, I sent out some advance copies to some special peeps.  One being Kit and I also sent one out to Amy at Master Replicas.  She got hers in but hasn't had a chance to view it yet.  She did tell me that someone else at MR wants a copy for themselves so I will be sending that out to them too.  I'm hoping by getting the DVD out to these 2 important markets I can get some early reviews and hype about it.  Kit is already doing a great job!

The DVD itself should be on sale in the storefront VERY SOON as I am in contact with Yoda and Sidious and we are working out all the costs.

My previous estimate of trying to keep it under $20 didn't go so well since a lot of my costs were out of pocket.  I had to buy a laptop just to edit the video and burn the discs ($800) and I had to purchase a new camcorder for better video ($400) and then the cost of the materials: blank discs, blank dvd covers, blank dvd labels, blank dvd inserts, ink for printing, shrinkwrapping...well you get the idea.  It's been quite a drain on my wallet.  So it looks like the DVD will be closer to the $25+ mark.
The DVD is worth it and more, though as I've seen most instructional videos sell for $30 and up, this is definitely one you can use over and over again.  Its over an hour long with 30 tutorials, 10 for each style(single saber, dual saber and saberstaff)  A lot of the moves are new and there are some complicated ones in there that will look fabulous when learned.

Note:  in the credits I acknowledge all the people who pushed me on here to get this done and get it out on the market.  So many of you will have your username in the credits, as well as my 100+ youtube subscribers.

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 01:02:26 AM »
i cant wait for the test disc to get here anakin.  i really hope it comes today.  sending to MR is a fantastic idea, it will easily make the Blog, (you always do),  i dont know how many people see the blog weekly,  tens of thousands i would guess, if just 10% of those are SW fans and just 10% of those have FX's buy the DVD thats a potential 100 discs,  woohooo .  i am sure it will do really well.  i leave you with my catchphrase at the moment.

"i will let you know as soon as i get it"

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 03:33:06 AM »
Ok its arrived in the post this morning my wife says.

So today my Obi wan ROTS FX, Anakins DVD & my copy of Splinter cell double agent.  all arrive.     woohoo

i will post on here tonight once i have had a go with the DVD

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 05:02:10 AM »
Saber Spin Tut 10 from the dvd
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 06:34:54 AM »
Great work Anakin ,
It would make a great gift for christmas ;D
Anyways I just want to say thank you to Anakin , You really have put some time into this and you diserve all the best

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 09:13:57 AM »
Ok i have checked out the DVD and it is FANTASTIC.  its really well put together everything works well the scene selections etc.   

I confirm it works on my PS2 aswell as my DVD player.  unfortunately when my PC went down i lost my DVD software, but windows XP recognises the title on the disk and all files are visible, so i see no reason to believe it wont work on a PC.

Let me say how impressed i am with the dvd, there is loads to go through, i will watch the tutorials and start practising asap.  tutorial 30, is a great one.   i also enjoyed the fun after the tutorials.  its also cool to have my user name on the credits.

thanks anakin, you put in some seriously hard work here, it shows.  well done.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 12:05:22 PM »
 :-[

Awww,shucks guys...you're making me blush! hahaha

Thank you all for the comments.  I never really thought I would be going down this road into making something like this, but this is something that I've always wanted.  I have always wanted to leave my own mark on the Star Wars universe and I'm thinking this is it. heh heh.

A little rundown on what it took to put that DVD together

Over 6 hours of film time to get all 30 tutorials
An hour of extra instuction in dual wielding sabers from my brother, Mark who owns the martial arts school I was shooting at .
A full 2 weeks (3-4hours a day) of editing the video itself to make cuts, add titles and credits.
Another week spent on setting up the authoring of the DVD (making the menus and scene selection)
Countless hours spent burning copies and packaging the DVD...

....its a labor of love and I am VERY proud of the video since I did it completely by myself as its finished product.

You know, I do what I can for those that I know will appreciate it.  And I know that everyone here will appreciate it thoroughly!

Thanks again Everyone!

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 12:25:38 PM »
everyone knows how I like to photograph my prized pieces...well these aren't any different, heh heh.  The first batch of DVD's!

awww, look at all my precious children, hahaha

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5559/hpim1530amz1.jpg

DVD front

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8500/hpim1531aqb3.jpg

DVD back

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3641/hpim1532asn2.jpg

DVD disc (note: graphic has been refined and has the blue spin graphic in the center now)

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3807/hpim1533atl2.jpg

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 03:19:41 PM »
Great Job Anakin! It is amazing to see all those layed out like that, i mean its a real representation of your efforts. GOODONYA!

I am excited to see it finished, i remember "and this is 100% true" that about exactly a year ago i saw an FFX saber for the first time. So i knew i had to have one. I scoured the net till i came across a little site called forcefx.com which at that time only had like your first tutorial or so, after seeing that and coming back several times for your videos i began following one link to another i found this forum. So its kinda your tutorial that started me collecting and becoming a member here.

Anyways, it really looks well done, i look forward to seeing it. I will be awaitnig it in the storefront.

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 08:53:44 PM »
WOW Anakin!  :o I'm so impressed. I knew you'll have success in your very own DVD, Be sure to sign your autograph on mine once I buy it. I bet you'll become famous once everyone sees a familiar face. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure everyone will understand how much time and dedication you have put on it so the price is fair, I would even pay an extra $5 to make it $30. It will be an honor to learn from a real Jedi Master, no doubt that's what makes you Anakin.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 08:38:31 AM »
Okay, got a confirmation from Yoda, and with the costs of the DVD, the shipping , and paypal fees, the pricing will be what I'm selling it here in my brothers Martial Arts school...

$29.95 + shipping

so thats about $1 per Tutorial.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:45:43 AM by Anakin Skywalker »

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »
Great Job Anakin! It is amazing to see all those layed out like that, i mean its a real representation of your efforts. GOODONYA!

I am excited to see it finished, i remember "and this is 100% true" that about exactly a year ago i saw an FFX saber for the first time. So i knew i had to have one. I scoured the net till i came across a little site called forcefx.com which at that time only had like your first tutorial or so, after seeing that and coming back several times for your videos i began following one link to another i found this forum. So its kinda your tutorial that started me collecting and becoming a member here.

Anyways, it really looks well done, i look forward to seeing it. I will be awaitnig it in the storefront.

Well, I'm am glad that I was able to influence you into such a great hobby.  As I'm sure I have done for so many  more.  Its funny to think that I just did these as a favor for some of the members to learn the basics in the beginning and it just exploded from there...everyone wanted more.  So I had to comply.  Its been a lot of fun thats for sure!

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
WOW Anakin!  :o I'm so impressed. I knew you'll have success in your very own DVD, Be sure to sign your autograph on mine once I buy it. I bet you'll become famous once everyone sees a familiar face. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure everyone will understand how much time and dedication you have put on it so the price is fair, I would even pay an extra $5 to make it $30. It will be an honor to learn from a real Jedi Master, no doubt that's what makes you Anakin.

Thank you!

That's not a bad idea!  Maybe I'll make some "autographed chase versions".  I'll put the autograph on the inside cover so you won't know if you got one till you open it...hmmm...yes.  Gotta pick me up a Gold autograph pen now.

Offline jack3auer

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 12:36:50 AM »
i have the note you dropped in with the test disc, perhaps i will get  it  framed :D

retrousse