fiduciary

Author Topic: efx Count Dooku stunt saber  (Read 9873 times)

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
efx Count Dooku stunt saber
« on: July 19, 2012, 02:02:58 AM »
Hey guys I'm thinking of buying the Count Dooku stunt saber by efx but I have never seen this in person so I'm not sure what the quality is like and what the detail is like so if anyone here has it any would like to give there opinion on it, it would be much appreciated.
“The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish.” ~Darth Revan

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: efx Count Dooku stunt saber
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:34:44 AM »
I had one briefly. For under $100 its actually a really nice display piece. I can't say compared to an MR but in isolation it's nice enough.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:38:12 AM »
It is a resin prop, unlike the MR which is made of metal.  But it is quite a nice piece for what it is.  Nice price too as Scottjua said.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:30 AM »
The price is really what got me interested and since you can't get the MR version anymore I guess this is all you got.
“The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish.” ~Darth Revan

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:43:30 AM »
Got one at Celebration V... it's a very nice piece...

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=25630.msg368110#msg368110

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
It does look good but is your one the .45 scale saber ? Or the stunt saber from efx ?

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:58:02 PM »
It does look good but is your one the .45 scale saber ? Or the stunt saber from efx ?
No man it's not the .45 MR... :D That is the 1.1 cold cast Dooku from efx... 8)

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
That was a pretty nice piece for the price. I may need to pick one of these up as the guys are trying to talk me into doing a Dooku costume lol.

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
Awesome, since I don't have anything Dooku in my collection yet I think this one is a must get.

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »
Hey guys I just picked up the Dooku stunt saber and I am very impressed with it the detailing is superb there are a few scratches on it and the made in china sticker left a bit of a mark on the emitter when I took it off but it is still a great piece very happy with it.

Offline Deedzor

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 04:57:37 AM »
Always been a little worried about these myself due to them being made from resin but alot of peopel have been quite positive about them and ya can't argue with that price tag.

May have to pick one up myself  :D

Custom machined V2 with PC by LDM
Dark Jedi Luke/Obi hybrid with PC by LDM
JSS Starkiller #10/10 with CF v4.2 with FoC

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:59 AM »
Always been a little worried about these myself due to them being made from resin but alot of peopel have been quite positive about them and ya can't argue with that price tag.

Why don't people like it being made in Resin ? I quite like it to be honest and for $150 you can't really go wrong, my parents didn't like it though they think I waste my money on this stuff  ::) but oh well. I would get it to be honest it is a very nice piece there are some scratches like I said before but they aren't much of a worry for me and the stand it comes with is also very nice.

Offline CinDrycast

• Experienced Force User
  • Remember... The Force will be with you... Always!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »

Why don't people like it being made in Resin ? I quite like it to be honest and for $150 you can't really go wrong, my parents didn't like it though they think I waste my money on this stuff  ::) but oh well. I would get it to be honest it is a very nice piece there are some scratches like I said before but they aren't much of a worry for me and the stand it comes with is also very nice.

Hah! I won't say what MY parents would have told me about my recently bought MR Luke V2 LE (I spent like 500$).
Anyway, I got the eFX Luke V2 stunt for trooping purposes, and I've gotta say it's quite good for a resin stunt (obviously my LE isn't even comparable, but you know the eFXs are cheap trooping stunts, so I'm happy with it!)

Master Replicas Ep. VI Luke Skywalker Lightsaber V2 LE #0496/1500
eFX Episode VI Luke Skywalker 'Version Two' Lightsaber PCR

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »

Hah! I won't say what MY parents would have told me about my recently bought MR Luke V2 LE (I spent like 500$).
Anyway, I got the eFX Luke V2 stunt for trooping purposes, and I've gotta say it's quite good for a resin stunt (obviously my LE isn't even comparable, but you know the eFXs are cheap trooping stunts, so I'm happy with it!)
Haha yeah my parents think I'm an idiot for collecting Star Wars stuff and that its not going to even become valuable later on but I will never probably sell my collection. Yeah I have never been a fan of Luke but his V2 saber does look awesome but still why don't people like things made in resin ?

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 07:57:09 AM »
because they break.   easily.    I dropped the obiwan 2 feet onto a carpeted floor and it shattered into 5 pieces.    my son was wearing the luke on his belt and it 'bumped' against a chair -- the emitter snapped off.  and just yesterday, I wore the anakin to a halloween event, and it fell off the belt.  the bunny ears and emitter snapped off.    the only one that hasn't broken is the dooku and only because I'm afraid to touch it.

these sabers are fine if you put them on display behind a locked glass door and NEVER touch them with anything more than a feather duster.   as soon as you handle them, you have a 50/50 chance that it will disintegrate in your hands.  the resin used is EXTREMELY brittle.  I've never seen anything like it. for the cost, these are incredibly poor quality.  and/or, for the quality you get, these should be sold for $25.   

my daughter has Harry Potter replica wands made in resin which are heavier than these saber hilts -- made from stronger resin -- and they only sell for $30.  these resin cast sabers are a nightmare.
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

retrousse