fiduciary

Author Topic: ISSUES WITH THE FORUM  (Read 54003 times)

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
Re: ISSUES WITH THE FORUM
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »
I'll try it but are you saying the upload feature of the forums is down forever or is there an ETA of repair? Much easier than photobucket by using the forum uploader.
K

It is not "broken", just simply unavailable for us members to use. It was taken down because uploaded pics were taking too much space in the FX-Sabers database. ;) ;)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 05:33:14 AM »
Extreme difficulty in sending a pm.  The line I am typing on disappears below the window so I am unable to see what I am typing until I get to the next line.  It is almost impossible to go back and edit the pm.

I have had this happen once before on the forum about a year? ago.

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »
Extreme difficulty in sending a pm.  The line I am typing on disappears below the window so I am unable to see what I am typing until I get to the next line.  It is almost impossible to go back and edit the pm.

I have had this happen once before on the forum about a year? ago.

what browser are you using and what version of Windows and what is your screen resolution?
all of those cold effect that...

and for the record I use the latest version of Firefox and Chrome and have no problems with the forums. but I also have really fast DSL here at my office.
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »
I had that issue a few times when I downloaded the new piece of worm ridden filth of a new Microsoft Explorer. :D I uninstalled it and have not had too many issues since.

Like ALL Microsoft's products, they are made to fail. ;)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »
My previous posted issues had gone away for a few weeks, but now I'm having a new one. Rarely happens while I'm moving around the forum, but when I'm surfing something else or come back to my PC after leaving the forums up like I always do its generated an IE error and closes after clicking through. Happened 5-6 times this week so far. Not getting it with any other sites and I haven't upgrade to the Internet Exploder yet so its not that. I guess I could try a different browser too, but so used to IE from all my work stuff not working with anything else  >:(

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 05:21:17 PM »
My previous posted issues had gone away for a few weeks, but now I'm having a new one. Rarely happens while I'm moving around the forum, but when I'm surfing something else or come back to my PC after leaving the forums up like I always do its generated an IE error and closes after clicking through. Happened 5-6 times this week so far. Not getting it with any other sites and I haven't upgrade to the Internet Exploder yet so its not that. I guess I could try a different browser too, but so used to IE from all my work stuff not working with anything else  >:(

you are forced to use IE @ work? wow that stinks. try firefox. you will really like it. trust me.
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 05:46:15 PM »
Oh I do like firefox, but a lot of my vendor apps simply will not run at all in anything but IE and that is all they are certified to work in. I have other tools that won't work in IE either so go figure. I have both installed on every machine I own so just a matter of retraining my mind to use the other instead.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 12:18:04 AM »
8/12

Timing out randomly, slow load times, not loading, reloading poorly. Using FireFox

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:04 AM »
I've been having the same issues as Master Durangus.  Using Firefox, until I saw this, I attributed it to my ISP in Kuwait......  I still think they have an impact on my issues, cause it is not only this site.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 06:59:31 AM »
I had the same issues as Aelde and MD earlier today. Everything seems to be working fine now though. ;) ;)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:42 AM »
There is definitely issues that occur with this site.  When loading anything yesterday, whether it was a text response or pictures, there was either a significant delay or a straight time out.

I am using Firefox and have had no issues on any other sites that I have been posting threads in.  RPF, Rebelscum, 501st Spec Ops, 501st Sith Lords, etc. etc.  so it's obviously something involving this site specifically.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »
I'm having the same problem as Darth Raijlin, I can't post a new thread at all.  The other boards I post on seem to be working fine, so I think it's localized.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »
I even tried using IE and it didn't change anything.  Still can't load pictures.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 11:12:02 AM »
Are you using Windows?  I'm on a Mac now, I'm going to see if this works any better.

Offline Maximillian

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Experienced Force User
  • Official FX-SABERS GRAFLEX ARMORY Guardian
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
Everyone... I just spoke with Yoda and we are now working on the forum issues. (There are a few). Please be patient with slow-downs etc... they will be fixed shortly.
Also, Please continue using this topic to post any other issues so we can diagnose them as well (if you are able). Thanks.

-Vader

retrousse