fiduciary

Author Topic: A well written article worth reading.  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
A well written article worth reading.
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
I know this will touch a few nerves but I am going to say it anyways.

What I Love About The Prequels: Grant Elliot |

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
Re: A well written article worth reading.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »
This is a great article, awesome to see the opposing side to the general strong dislike/hate of the prequels :)
Of Course I know him, he's me!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing! :)  A great article.  I am actually a huge TPM fan and am not in the camp of the Prequel haters.  While there are some things I wish had been done a bit differently both from a Director's and stylistic standpoint (especially in AOTC), overall I am happy with the Prequels and the story that was told. 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:55:03 PM »
Yeah I just thought that it was a great article and was worth a read. Personally I had no problem with the prequels in any shape form or fashion an thought they were great. The lightsaber duels were great the effects were great and the acting was great (much better than in the OT in my opinion.)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »
I generally agree with most of that. Personally I rather liked the PT especially TPM. We finally got to see what fully trained Jedi in their prime as members of a still strong Jedi Order were capable of and expected to be in the old Republic. That was something I wondered about since 1977 when Old Ben hinted to Luke about their history as "guardians of peace and justice". We learned more about the nature of the Force. We finally saw the Clone Wars and how they led to the Dark Times and the rise of the Empire.

Those were all mysteries that OT fans were wondering about for over 20 years and I'm glad GL let us in on them finally. Even if not everything in the PT was as we fans might have preferred it was still worth it for those reasons imo.

And now we'll finally find out what happened after the OT. I might not like everything about that either, or I might, but I'll be glad we finally get to see onscreen where some of our favourite characters lives went after ROTJ. The ST like the PT will serve a purpose.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:43:45 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Nicholas.slaydon

• Experienced Force User
  • “Ours Is The Fury"
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHsKwTqHvmE
he also makes some good points.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
I thought it was a decently written article and I only agree with some of it, but the link above mine about the George Lucas bashing getting way out of hand is spot on!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:22:58 PM by Psab Keel »

Offline ntmf

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:02 AM »
I think it was  a good idea to sell Star Wars of to Disney. When he made the new prequels, he wanted to make it state-of-the-art so he used CGI, JJB was a mistake but not as big as everyone is saying. Everything concerned I like the thought that they are using real models for the new movies! Although I think CGI is not that bad. Regardings Episode IV - I always liked the haunted emptiness of the original version - but that's just me.

Offline jedimax

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 08:12:15 AM »
An article worth reading. Always love the prequel especially the choreography in TPM and ROTS.

retrousse