fiduciary

Author Topic: How did you find the FX-Sabers forum.  (Read 64438 times)

Offline Adamas Bellator

• No Force
  • Jedi Knight and Raptor Pilot
Re: How did you find the FX-Sabers forum.
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »
Found this link from Ultrasabers. 

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2009, 07:18:27 AM »
I found this forum completely by accident. When I recently baught my Obi-Wan lightsaber for my Obi-Wan Costume, I noticed that it was made by Hasbro. Completely in shock about that (because my Vader saber was made by MR) I went on a search about it all. I first found out that MR was not making the fx series anymore, then I found sites that converted sabers to duel, and then found this site. I am really glad that I did because it has shown me a whole new universe that I was not aware of. Plus it gave me insight of prices for converted sabers and what coversions best suited me, and what to look for on conversion sites. There are a lot of sites out there robbing people! There is one in particular that charges nearly 200 to convert sabers and they are not as good as Ultrasabers. How sad is that?

Offline coLUKEtor

• Force User
  • "experience outranks everything"
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 10:03:12 AM »
When i first heard about FFX lightsabers, I googled it and ended up in the force-fx site. I was then linked to this site and found the fx-sabers forums to be the best forum for these sabers.. so i signed up  :D

I would really like to thank all those who have posted saber reviews. I very much appreciate the effort  ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:04:46 AM by coLUKEtor »

Offline JediJudoChop

• Force User
  • I'mmm crushing your head!
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »
I found this forum in early 2008 whille digging for info on MR FX saber conversions on Google.
I read a ton of threads and after months and months of looking, I decided to finally sign up last fall.
I like it here a lot.  ;D

BTW TO THE ADMINS / MODS: Whether it was, a new server company, or whatever you did, the site loads very fast now! I like it here a thousand times more now over last year! Great job! It really is a pleasure to search now.

Last year I was just frustrated because I liked it here but it took forever (worse than dial-up) to get a page to load when searching for info. Now it runs like it was on my local cable network. Like a Ferrari!

>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 THUMBS UP FOR THAT UPGRADE<<<<<<<<<<<<  ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:42:08 PM by JediJudoChop »
(]////[oo]\\\|(=================================>                                     Raja naba zoola gola wookie "nosey" pinchy?

Offline DarthYoda

• Experienced Force User
    • Phantom Files
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »
I found this forum in early 2008 whille digging for info on MR FX saber conversions on Google.
I read a ton of threads and after months and months of looking, I decided to finally sign up last fall.
I like it here a lot.  ;D

BTW TO THE ADMINS / MODS: Whether it was, a new server company, or whatever you did, the site loads very fast now! I like it here a thousand times more now over last year! Great job! It really is a pleasure to search now.

Last year I was just frustrated because I liked it here but it took forever (worse than dial-up) to get a page to load when searching for info. Now it runs like it was on my local cable network. Like a Ferrai!

>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 THUMBS UP FOR THAT UPGRADE<<<<<<<<<<<<  ;D

I have to make a note on the speed of this site. It is relatively fast, but when there are pictures involved, it slowes down quite a bit.

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
  • I gots BAD frostbite on Hoth.
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
Bin Adam on Youtube.  Thanks man.  :)  ;)  :D  ;D  8)  ::)

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2010, 08:41:06 PM »
Found it from Ultrasabers. Originally thought is was a junk site, boy was i wrong. I think i joined because of the SRD forum member bonus on ultrasabers, which i have yet to use. I tried it on an oppressor, instead i got royal blue.
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline Vos Malek

• Force User
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:57 PM »
Thanks to the great people at TCSS for pointing me in this direction!  I love it here!  Great community and tons of information on the greatest hobby in the world!

Offline Adegan4Antonio

• Force User
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
I found this awesome site by seeing a Lightsaber by JSS on ebay, anyways it sold before I could get it done.  The owner of course, is OBI-WAN KENOBI, he was super!!!  He told me about this site, being a lifelong Star Wars fan...and a passion for anything lightsaber wise I joined.  He helped me get the saber I wanted made, pulled some strings with the Most Awesome & Cool sabersmith General Grievous a scary Sith at first, but an Awesome saber builder.  I get my first commissioned saber next week, I can't wait.  Everyone here is Very Cool & wonderful.  I am Glad to be Part of this Big Star Wars family!!!  Thanks Guys!!!  Rock On ;D

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
We're very happy to have you here, Adegan!  It's an honor knowing I had a hand in you joining this forum, and it's an even greater honor knowing I helped you get that saber from the baddest Cyborg this side of the galaxy! :) 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:01:40 PM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline Darth Frodo

• Experienced Force User
  • Ahhh..Does not compute..Ahhh..Your under arrest
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »
For me it was Jango's videos on you tube. The ahsoka Tano one in particular. THANK YOU JANGO.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »
Bin Adam on Youtube.  Thanks man.  :)  ;)  :D  ;D  8)  ::)

Bin Adam is indeed one of our treasures.  He doesn't speak often, but when he does, it's worth listening too!

I found this forum when my good friend and saber instructor pointed out the site to me.  He sat me down, pulled up the forums and said, "I'm tired of you drooling over my Imperial Knight.  Here! Look at these!"

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline jock109

• Force User
  • It's a great life if you don't weaken.
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2010, 05:29:24 AM »
I stumbled across this motley crew  ;) after my beautiful lady wife got me a MR Yoda 2 christmasses ago and got me interested (and potless). Now I have spent a fortune on them and find myself in the position where i have designed my own and found someone to make it just need to raise more funds to get the thing built lol (oh my poor wallet. Christmas 2008 = fat wallet. Christmas 2009 = flat wallet)
My Sabers:
MR
Anakin AOTC x2, Luke ROTJ (EL), Vader ANH (1st), Mace Windu AOTC x2,
Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Anakin ROTS, Obi Wan ROTS x2,
Luke ROTJ (LED), Darth Maul (Single) x2, Vader ANH, Luke ANH,
Yoda x2, Luke ESB hilt,
Other
Obi Wan AFBB Prop hilt, JQ stunt saber x2

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »
I had to find a sabersmith. Found one, but more importantly, I found mecca. Now these forums are part of my everyday. I love my fx-saber family!

Offline RedArc

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »
I started to get more infos about fx sabers and Google showed me the way  ;D

retrousse