fiduciary

Author Topic: How did you find the FX-Sabers forum.  (Read 64580 times)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: How did you find the FX-Sabers forum.
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
I will respond to this ancient topic as well. I found it from Ultras website. I just followed the Forums link and here I was! ;D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 11:30:24 AM »
I got mine from the Search Engine while looking for Info on the 2002 Anakin AOTC, which I won on eBay in Nov. of 2005. It popped up, I saw some awesome topics about saber collectors sharing their wares in an enthusiastic approach! And back then, there were not nearly as many topics as there is now.

*Wink, wink*
The Anything Topic was none existant! :o

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »
I can trace the exact "trajectoiry" as it were:

1. 1999: when I got my first computer and first got online, my natural interest in Star Wars and light sabers led me to the Parks Sabers site. At the time, I was young and broke, so I only admired them in pictures.

2. 2000-2006: The Dark Years. By the time I'd started to make a little disposable income, I'd forgotten about Parks and never much thought about light sabers.

3. Sept. 2007: Channel surfing, I saw MR Force-FX sabers for the first time on Home Shopping Network. I was blown away. Sturdy, metal "replica" hilts just like Parks, with sound! But though impressed, it had been years since thinking about light sabers and I just didn't have the impulse to purchase one.

4. Oct. 2007: I couldn't get those MR sabers out of my mind. One day, I searched youtube for "working light sabers" (I couldn't remember the names MR or Force-FX). The first search result I watched was by 'cafeledavid' -- who I would later know as forum member "Darth Akira." To my surprise it was a review not of MRs, but something called Ultra Sabers. I googled, and found the Ultra Sabers forums, which I read through for a good week before really realizing -- stupid me -- that it was part of a larger forum, FX-Sabers.

Long story short I bought my first FX saber -- an UltraFX Vader ANH w/ Sunrider's Desinty and Anakin chrome emitter shroud, still one of my favorites -- and I never looked back.

The End  ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:36:55 AM by hullbreach »

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 11:34:33 AM »
*Wink, wink*
The Anything Topic was none existant! :o

What, like it is now? ;D ;) I guess I contributed to it's demise, so I cannot say much. :-[ :-X

I shall change my story from above. I was on here one other time before i linked from US. I had been scouting out MR sabers and saw it on google.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »
Hahaha.:D

Say, Hullbreach, I added an Other category for ya. Never knew there was TV commercials until I saw it on youtube.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »
Yeah I was stymied by what to select. Thank you for my "other"  :D

Offline celtickeeper1

• No Force
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »
link from ultrasabers...

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
JK Logan, told me that this was one of the only forums that he visited.  He was the one that got me into lightsabers, and when I started getting too persistant with my questions, he showed me, SHOWED ME (as in sat me down and said, lookie here) the sight.

And I was hooked.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Darth Kaos

• Sith Infiltrator
  • Master Force User
  • Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2008, 07:50:34 PM »
DT's Video on You Tube  ;D
I saw his Overlord with US1.1 and I was hooked like a Blue Fin Tuna ever since!!!  8)

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »
I actually found TCSS after looking at Parks and lightech for lightsabers.  heard people talking about yoda's graflexs' and wham. I'm here. Didn't think just looking for a little lightsaber would get me in this deep. ;D

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2008, 10:36:37 PM »
I found this place via the ultrasabers link. After reading about some of the custom sabers, I was hooked.

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »
I am pretty sure I was looking for a way to remove the blade on my Anakin ROTS. One google search lead to some random forum(might have been TCSS now that I think about it) and I saw Ultras name. After I saw he was in Arizona, like me, I decided to click on the forum link and I've been here ever since. That was July 2007. Wow almost a year and a half. :o

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2008, 11:41:47 PM »
Tore my Mace saber up (first day I had...those darn kids wouldn't get off my lawn!!!!)  so I went around to try find how to fix it.   Stumbled across UltraSabers and spent a few days browsing their stuff.   Then I noticed the forum link.  Spent about three months just lurking as a guest.    Someone asked a question about what makes the Mace blade purple and how to take it apart...I knew the answer...so I signed up.  ta-dah!    ;D

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 11:43:57 PM »
I have told this tale on a few topics here, but since this is Master Fisto's Topic and poll, I will have to post it here too! Since HE'S partially responsible! 8)

Summer of 2002:  I was shopping at my local Meijer store and stumbled across a new product they had just got off the truck.  My Wife was with me, and we had just gotten married, Were still in college, and had no money. Now she had already known that I was a Big time SW Geek, and all around Sci-Fi Buff, and actually was the one that pointed them out.  Sitting there reverently on the freshly stocked shelf was... The Anakin AOTC Display model! 

I had a geek FIT!  I stood there swinging that saber for a good 30 minutes! Sadly, I had just bought books for my last year at Ball State, so we were actually there to pick up some Ramen... LOL

Fast forward a few years to 2005: I was walking through a Borders bookstore and saw the New Anakin ROTS, a few older Luke ESB's and A Mace Windu.  Sadly I was between pay periods with my new Job in the Video Game section at Toys R' Us, and had just started a new management position at Hollywood Video... No money again. Bummer.

While working at Hollywood Video, I got into doing repairs on PS2's and Gameboy advance. With a few Xbox systems for good measure thrown in.  I was doing a repair for a friend of mine, but he was low on cash.  He comes in to pick up his PS2, and lo and Behold He is Holding an Anakin AOTC! HE hands it to me, and Tells me I can have it in trade for the repairs... Needless to say, I ended up giving him a few extra low priced games as well!

Christmas 2006:  I give the Anakin AOTC to my brother because he wanted it so badly, and started scouring ebay and the interwebs for a newer model.  The Anakin ROTS Caught my eye.  I dropped hints to everyone in my family that I wanted a Force FX Lightsaber.

I didn't get one...

So On my Birthday (January 19th or 2007) I purchased a Force FX ANakin ROTS from a one mrgriffin on ebay.  That in itself was the Will of the Force! I will get to that in a moment!

After a few days of owning this wonderful new toy of mine, I accidentally hit a low tree branch while spinning outside my old house. It was rather cold, and the blade cracked as it popped about 5 LED's at the tip... I was Devastated!

I frantically started searching the internet for a possible way to repair the saber! I stumbled upon Force-FX.com and the Jedi Archives forums. Administrated by our Very own Kit Fisto!  I got sucked in! While looking for a way to fix my Anakin ROTS, I came across the mention of a company called Ultra Sabers! I was blown away!  While researching more about them I came across another post by a dual member of the Archives and Here by the name of RED FIVE.  His post was about Yoda's GRAFLEX sabers! I HAD TO CHECK IT OUT! I looked at the site but didn't join yet. I was in AWE of Master Yoda's Sabers But could not afford them at the time.

I went back to Ultra Sabers and ordered a DIY conversion kit for my Anakin, and ended up buying a Vader ESB and Luke ROTJ on ebay that same day.  I got my kit, and installed it successfully: A Sabersmith was born that day...

February 2007: While surfing around on the Ultra Sabers Website for more cool stuff, I ran across a link for FX-Sabers again!  I went ahead and signed up under the user Name: Darth Morbius, same as my Jedi Archives Screen name, of course. I found quite a few helpful tutorials here and began buying FX's left and right. Soon I was selling parts in the Trade Federation and offering tips and advice to those looking to upgrade their sabers.

A few months later I was asked by Yoda to become a moderator because I had impressed the Moderation team.  Along with me came Admiral Piett (Now Grand Moff Tarkin), Owen Lars, and there was someone else...

I became Darth Tyranus!

I then started hanging out in the Ultra Sabers Topics rendering assistance and Before I knew it I was teamed up with Darth Vader, and was an official Liaison for Ultra Sabers. Some time went by and events occurred, Vader Stepped away to press on the Rebel Alliance and blow up some planets... While I was introduced to my First Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn!

A little more time passed and I met Jango Fett and we are now the Liaison team for Ultrasabers!

Now.  Remember how I mentioned the seller of my FIrst Anakin ROTS?  mrgriffin?  I came to find that the VERY same mrGriffin that sold me my lightsaber, was in fact... The original Governor Tarkin, Moderator, for FX-Sabers!  He also lived not too far North of me here in Indiana!  Talk about coincidence?  No... More like the WILL of the FORCE!

It was more like FX-Sabers was waiting for ME to join! The others just helped to guide me! ;D

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 11:59:09 PM »
found someone's link to here at force-fx... and I haven't left this place since (without lots of kicking and screaming lol)
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

retrousse