fiduciary

Author Topic: The "Every Type of Question" Thread....  (Read 290012 times)

Offline JaseSerre

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: The "Every Type of Question" Thread....
« Reply #1455 on: January 24, 2017, 07:46:51 AM »
Hi....i am a new user here. As per my knowledge if you want added volume it may come at the expense of sound quality in this case but you do also gain ability to put sound both front and back of the hilt which is nice, albeit with one of them much lower volume and bass-response than the other. Your soundfonts are of course, mono. I imagine the soundcards don't support stereo.
For the set-up you are proposing you would need firstly to ensure that the signal to your tweeter is not too much for its low rating.

newbielink:http://www.7pcb.com/ [nonactive]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:55:00 PM by JaseSerre »

Offline Darksidescott

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • LumiLor Light Emitting Coating
« Reply #1456 on: April 19, 2017, 06:46:11 AM »
Hi.
My first post is a question about FAQ #2 from the site...
 Q: What are the blades made of?
 A: The blades of most of the sabers are constructed from 64 individually sequenced LED lights inside a polycarbonate tube. The early sabers (Original Luke ROTJ and Anakin AOTC) are the only ones that do not use the LED blades. These two sabers use an EL or Electro-Luminescent blade.

Is anyone making blades using electroluminescent light today? Why were these 2 blades the only ones to use EL?

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #1457 on: April 19, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »
At the time those lightsabers were produced by Master replicas,  EL lighting was very popular,  so that's what they used.  MR later found that a string of led's were much economical and quite a bit brighter. EL blades still can't hold a candle to blades that use led strings,  or single high-power in-hilt led's,  so no one uses EL tech anymore,  except in some cases for accent lighting. EL also requires a power inverter to invert the 9 or 18 volts of DC current over to 120v AC to power the EL sheet or wire that would be used to light the blades.  Those take up a lot space inside a hilt,  and space is a premium in most hilts.

Offline Darksidescott

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • LumiLor Light Emitting Coating
« Reply #1458 on: April 20, 2017, 11:10:02 AM »
Thanks for the reply QUI-GON JINN. Always been Star Wars nerd and have many light saber fantasies. The reason i ask is that I happen to work in marketing for a company that invented and patented a Light Emitting Coating called LumiLor that is a spay on EL device.

LumiGrren and LumiBlue are very bright, durable too. We will probably make a blade prototype just for fun here shortly and make some silly video with it.
When I started researching light sabers I had no clue there were so many custom builders. I found these forums and they have proved to be very informative.

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
  • "Fog Machines & Lightsaber Reys"
« Reply #1459 on: May 08, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »
stick around a little while longer kid, you may learn a thing or 2...

what would be great is a type of reflective coating on a blade that will properly defuse the light within the blade for a more evenly lit blade (kind of how cellophane wrap works now), but that is also reflective and transparent enough so  that it can not only distributes the light within the blade more evenly, but will also enhance the light that is there....that way the application wouldn't only be for string blades but also for in hilt LEDs like the tri cree!

very interesting indeed

Offline Darth_Nova

• No Force
  • "I've got a bad feeling about this"
« Reply #1460 on: July 17, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »
I am tying to find a hilt for a custom curved lightsaber that I would like to design using TCSS's MHS, SaberForge's ASP, or something else. Does anybody know of any curved hilts that are compatible with either of these or another custom hilt system?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #1461 on: July 18, 2017, 06:41:55 AM »
I am tying to find a hilt for a custom curved lightsaber that I would like to design using TCSS's MHS, SaberForge's ASP, or something else. Does anybody know of any curved hilts that are compatible with either of these or another custom hilt system?

Force Relics sold me a couple curved bone parts that had MHS adapters embedded so you could use with MHS parts. You could contact them and see if they still offer that product or another curved part,

MTFBWY

Offline Jedi Oz 66

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #1462 on: August 27, 2017, 11:10:54 PM »
Has anyone picked up any of 89 Sabers hilts , they look really good, wondering if they are worth the money?

Offline TheUnchosenOne

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #1463 on: August 28, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
Has anyone picked up any of 89 Sabers hilts , they look really good, wondering if they are worth the money?
I have not personally but they have a very good reputation. It's run by the guy who used to work with Parks, who started his own company when they had a falling out.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #1464 on: August 28, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »
Looking at his website,  it seems he resells the same Parks/Korbanth sabers that many others also sell.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #1465 on: August 28, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
If you want to share a video taken off your I-phone how can you share it on Face-book without taking forever to up load?

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #1466 on: August 28, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »
Looking at his website,  it seems he resells the same Parks/Korbanth sabers that many others also sell.

Based on the reviews of the 89sabers' Sidious that I've seen and the pictures of the Mace, these are not at all reproductions of Korbanth/Parks hilts.  I ordered a Mace that I'm waiting on.  They're supposed to be derivative of MR hilts I believe, but I think 89sabers used to manufacture hilts for Parks in the past.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:43:29 PM by RyDiddy »

Offline zimpah

• No Force
  • Zimmer Labs here!
    • Zimmer Labs
« Reply #1467 on: October 27, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »
Hey, i was wondering if anyone has any experience with actually buying a hilt from 89sabers?  i bought a graflex hilt from them 6 weeks ago, havent received anything, dont have any tracking info, and when i message the guy, he told me that the hilt got lost by his agent.  this was only after going back and forth with him for 3 weeks.  He just doesnt seem to be either honest, or organized enough to get a hilt in the mail.  either way i'm getting to a point where i'm going to call my bank and stop payment.  but i was hoping anyone on here might have some past experience to help me decide.  thanks very much!
Ethan Zimmer, Owner
Zimmer Labs

Offline Darth Brooks

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #1468 on: October 27, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »
I've ordered 4 hilts from him. Qui Gon Jinn, Windu, Sidious, and a Dooku....

I placed the order knowing that the Dooku is still not done and the Sidious was also out of stock. This was back in August. I was hoping I would've seen the Qui Gon and Windu by now but we discussed shipping them all at the same time so I haven't been to worried about it yet. He always responds to my emails and I put them on a credit card instead of a bank card so if I have to i can get it all back but I talked to LDM recently and he said that he's fully expecting Windu hilts to still be coming some time soon and KR certainly had a bunch of those Sidious hilts so? Not sure?

I was starting to wonder myself what's going on but it's probably more likely that he's just over promised or underestimated how quick he could get all these hilts ready?

In your case, saying it got lost in the mail? I don't know... you got me thinking

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #1469 on: October 28, 2017, 08:09:42 AM »
Can any of you tell me in Rogue one ;which, light saber did Vader use? ROTS or ANH?

retrousse