fiduciary

Author Topic: My 1st MHS Staff  (Read 734 times)

Offline TallyHawk

• Force User
My 1st MHS Staff
« on: April 11, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
Hello all,

I'm looking into building my first MHS staff, but I have a few questions before I place my final orders over at TCSS. I want to use your new blade holders to make a Satele Shan inspired staff. but since I have never made an MHS bassed staff I wanted to know what would make for the strongest staff (this will be for dueling). I see that I could just use something like 2 DF7's and a coupler from TCSS, but I have had issues in the past with staff couplers striping on me (voldemort).  If I made the body out of two pieces would that solve the problem? I was thinking I could use one of TCSS's new MHSRibbedBlanks and a DF5 to make up the body, and I think that would also make it easier to access the PC sound cards in the sabers.  do you have a recommendation for building such a staff? This staff will be my main saber for the San Francisco based Golden Gate Knights so it needs to be very duelable, but I also would like it to have sound and be more then just a stunt saber. So any Ideas would be great. Also if anyone can tell me how to run a staff of just one sound card that would be great.

THank you for your time.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
Re: My 1st MHS Staff
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
I'm sure someone will chime in with more useful information than I can provide.  I do suggest though that you also post some of your inquiries into TCSS product line up, on their forums.  You might get more useful information :)

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
Re: My 1st MHS Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
MHS parts themselves are extremely durable. I have yet to see one break in my 4 years of building.  8)

The electronics can be just as durable, but when installing them, the less the components move around the better. TCSS has some Chassis disks what you can use to build a rock solid mount for your soundboard. Some solid soldering skills... and you will have a a very durable saber.  8)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

retrousse