fiduciary

Author Topic: Neopixel Blade problem SOLVED  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Neopixel Blade problem SOLVED
« on: July 19, 2020, 07:22:30 PM »
Hello all. I really wanted to avoid this post. I really wanted to figure this out on my own. I watched a bunch of videos, printed out diagrams, read through a bunch of post. And electronics is nowhere near my comfort zone. Last night I was so excited to finally get my CFX all wired up. Hit the Aux button and then the ignition button and BOOM!! Success!! That is until I put the blade in. It didn't light up. This is what I got.

Hoping you guys can help me out. Also correct me if Im wrong but is the saber supposed to operate with the kill key still in the saber? Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:02:46 AM by Vapaad28 »

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Neopixel Blade problem SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 10:51:10 PM »
So I changed the LED# to 255 and now I have this. It just flickers.

This is the battery I am using.

And here is a pic of my board. (Go easy, its my first time doing anything like this)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:15:14 PM by Vapaad28 »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 11:49:45 PM »
that battery is for sure not capable for a ledstrip of that length. Blade timings are possibly off though default usually works, so I'd say that the data stream is corrupted along the way, lack of data pin resistor or strip data inserted in the strip with the wrong direction

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 12:13:22 AM »
that battery is for sure not capable for a ledstrip of that length. Blade timings are possibly off though default usually works, so I'd say that the data stream is corrupted along the way, lack of data pin resistor or strip data inserted in the strip with the wrong direction

Thank you for the quick reply. So what about this battery?
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sony-Li-Ion-18650-37V-15A-3120mAh-PCB-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery-P1449.aspx.

And should I wait until I get a new battery before messing with the settings?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 12:37:21 AM »
this one should work. You can already test settings with a shorter blade, I suggest to use a piece of ledstrip, even hooked up directly to your board, or via the blade PCB to diagnose the issue along the way. 10 pixels is more than enough.
Of course, as usual, I would run all that debug over a bench power supply

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 12:45:26 AM »
this one should work. You can already test settings with a shorter blade, I suggest to use a piece of ledstrip, even hooked up directly to your board, or via the blade PCB to diagnose the issue along the way. 10 pixels is more than enough.
Of course, as usual, I would run all that debug over a bench power supply

Thank you so much. I will update when the new battery comes. Ordering right now.

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 09:03:25 PM »
Well the new battery came. That didn't fix the the issue. I'm not sure what you meant by running the debug over a bench power supply. I tried to download RICE but v10 won't work on my computer for some reason. It will let me use 7.5. Can I stii use that with a CFX v10?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 05:23:57 AM »
You need rice v10. Disable you antivirus eventually. Thats a x64 compile so you need a 64 bit machine.
Test with a short piece of ledstrip.
Debug is documented in the manual and in my cdx tutorial videos

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 12:34:56 AM »
So I had to buy a new laptop today. I was able to access R.I.C.E.v10. I got to messing with the settings. I got the ignition timing just right now and I'm getting a solid color blade now. I was expecting the purple to be brighter. I'm charging the battery now to see if that helps. Thank you for the assistance Erv.

Offline Vapaad28

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 01:01:11 AM »
Success!!!! I got things figured out. Now I'm happy with it. My first lightsaber project. I only need to glue the center gold button.(when I find it)

I also "relocated" the recharge port so I can just plug in and go easier.

retrousse