fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX will not boot  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Enthya

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
CFX will not boot
« on: July 14, 2020, 07:50:54 PM »
Hello, fellow enthusiasts. I recently purchased my first CFX saber through Vader's Vault. I thought I had everything figured out when I started editing and adding files to the saber, but eventually it seized up and wouldn't boot. At first, I was able to remove the SD card from the slot and go into it through my computer. There, I could delete the added files and was able to use the saber again. Not understanding the folly of my ways though I added and edited again, but this time I messed up by not numbering the different profiles correctly and now the SD card cannot be even read at all (I assume this was the cause of my problems). No matter what I do the card cannot be detected on my computer.

So, I tried buying another SD card, this time a 64gb Samsung. I took the backup files that came on the Vader's Vault included flashdrive and added them to it. I formatted the new SD card first (I didn't format at all with the original one) and plugged it in, but the saber still does not boot. I am getting a yellow LED light from the board, which I think is supposed to be red? Unsure. But I have tested the saber with two different fully charged batteries and I have also ensured that the card is clicked into place. I am at a loss for what else I can possibly do. I am new to this and attempting to understand booting and config, but it's hard to find tutorials.

Help me saber community; you're my only hope.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: CFX will not boot
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:40:23 AM »
64 GB will probably not format as FAT32 unless you partition it first, and exFAT isn't supported yet. Use their default package (or the CFX one) on a 32 GB first place (or smaller).
Logging the board will tell you what is wrong

Offline Enthya

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 08:30:28 AM »
How do I get it to log if it wont boot?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 08:33:27 AM »
stall the board as indicated in the manual

Offline Enthya

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:47 AM »
I am following the instructions on the manual. It seems that my computer is making the 'jingle' sound when you plug something in, but nothing is showing up on the computer. Is this because the saber wasn't left in USB access mode? I am attempting this with the original SD card, not the 64gb

Offline Enthya

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 10:11:15 AM »
FIXED

Went back to Best Buy and bought a smaller SD card. Copied backup files onto it and now it's working again!

retrousse