fiduciary

Author Topic: Enhanced Day Blades  (Read 1513 times)

Offline TRIPMINE_Guy

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Enhanced Day Blades
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »
Looking to buy some Enhanced day blades as I've read that you can get cool cores with some combinations. To those who have seen them in person, here are my questions referring to the non green versions.

1. Are the enhanced day blades with the same color as my LED better than normal blades for use in doors; where the lighting is moderate?

2. Are enhanced day blades dimmer than a normal blade if I have a different color running through it? Such as running white LED through a enhanced blue blade.

3. Do the enhanced day blades look better than a regular blade at night?

4.Any other relevant stuff you may find useful?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:41:54 PM by TRIPMINE_Guy »

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Enhanced Day Blades
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 02:52:16 PM »
The enhanced blades will diffuse the light and look fuller when they are lit with a similar color.  Red, orange, amber will look great in the amber blade.  I'm guessing red will look great in red, and blue (and maybe green) will look great in blue.  Blue will give a blue/white core with a yellow blade and the tip will be very bright yellow.

It depends on if you want that diffused look or strange looking color combo.

Offline TRIPMINE_Guy

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:16 PM »
The enhanced blades will diffuse the light and look fuller when they are lit with a similar color.  Red, orange, amber will look great in the amber blade.  I'm guessing red will look great in red, and blue (and maybe green) will look great in blue.  Blue will give a blue/white core with a yellow blade and the tip will be very bright yellow.

It depends on if you want that diffused look or strange looking color combo.

Wait a blue day blade will have a yellow tip? I see that the enhanced blades also come with enhanced tips. Are you saying it will not be the same color at the tip as the rest of the blade?

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 01:43:50 AM »

Offline ABQThor

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 09:42:09 AM »
I've always found daylight blades to be underwhelming both in appearance and presence. With the right lighting in day light you can get a decent picture although I find most often with digital photography we're editing the blade with some form of manipulation to make it pop. I'd don't have much nice to say about these blades used in the dark since you have so much material to overcome for your light to shine though with what I assume is an LED being driven with less than 15w. The enhanced red did produce some purple Hughes and very different effects when combined with my 60w blue but it was hardly special with none custom hardware with most people asking if the battery was dying.

retrousse