fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Tyranus's In Depth LUKE ANH Review  (Read 11805 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Re: Darth Tyranus's In Depth LUKE ANH Review
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
Awesome review there DT. :)

Have you had any issues with the creaking? 

Apparently it's that way with all the Luke ANH FX sabers if I am not mistaken, it's because the blade holder is plastic.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »
Strangely enough, this one doesn't creak in the least. :-\

I think this one was a later run off the line after the revamped sabers hit the streets again.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:28:59 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 05:23:05 AM »
Very nice pictures. I'm starting to like this graflex hilt more than the EP3 Anakin ROTS hilt.

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 05:24:00 AM »
Great review DT! My saber does not creak either. I have to agree with DT on there being a whole run that didn't creak. That dent next to your pins looks like it was done with the tool used to insert the pins. One small detail that you touched on that I would like to expand on that I find amazing is the beer tab. On a real Graflex the beer tab is flat, end to end. When the red button and bezel are screwed on it takes a good hand to get it lined upand screwed on straight. On the ANH FX the beer tab has a small dog leg to it so it sits flat on the hilt. With the attention to detail like this I am surprised they skimpd in other areas. But I do have to agree that, overall, this is their best saber.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Taskmaster99

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
Excellent review. Loved the pics as well. All in all.....mine has the dreaded "creak" but after awhile you do kinda forget about it. Mine is mainly display though.......so I dont swing it around all that much.

Offline Noneoftheabove

• No Force
  • The lost Jawas...
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »
Good review Darth Tyranus, thank you!

The mark/ding on your saber is inexcusable, I'd try and get another... If it were me at least, depending on where I bought it...

Your 8 score is fair considering a minor defect and a few other foibles that are in design.

I just got my ANH Luke Saber today 1/09/08 from Toys R' Us, and I'm happy with it. ( Got a 15 month warranty that covers any damage or defects, which is nice. It cost me an extra $17US, but I think it is worth it for these sabers.)
About the details to your review;  I'd agree that the plastic blade emitter ring is a bit annoying with the "mold mark" which draws a line straight down the center. They could have had.... No, SHOULD have had that hidden under the emitter shroud. This was my biggest issue with the saber.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:30:57 PM by Noneoftheabove »

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »
Great review, DT! And congrats on joining the lucky ones among us who received a "creakless" Luke ANH.

This saber, the Yoda, and the Maul make me sad to see MR go, knowing there may not be a licensed replacement.

Offline coLUKEtor

• Force User
  • "experience outranks everything"
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
I got mine from TRU and it didn't have a creaking emitter  ;D The end cap felt a bit rough to get out though :-\

retrousse