fiduciary

Author Topic: Noob Question. What does a color extender do for a BBW NB4?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline SSJDusten

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Noob Question. What does a color extender do for a BBW NB4?
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:51:34 PM »
I will be getting a saber soon and they said they can make a green out of a BBW tri cree. They mentioned it had a color extender, but I was not sure what that was going to do for me. I tried looking it up, but maybe my search was wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

thank you.

Offline Megtooth Sith

• No Force
  • Having fun learning the hobby.
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Noob Question. What does a color extender do for a BBW NB4?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »
Nothing.  You don't need it.  Wire your blues together to L1, white to L2, and don't worry about the color extender.  You don't need it.  If you were doing RGB, or wanting to throw a 3rd color in the mix, you'd need it.  B,B,W.  Just wire both blues to L1, and white to L2.  Simple.

The color/power extender is mainly used as a way to get another mosfetted board to drive a 3rd color.  There was only enough room on the NBIV for 2.  Adding a 3rd would have made the board bigger.  So they added pad 3 to power the exender if you needed it.  On your current LED, its not needed.

Tom

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »
the CEx and PEx are totally different though. The second is indeed a simply MOS fet, the second is a dual channel current regulator.

The color extender will improve color mixing and color consistence over time thanks to current regulation. It's primarily used with 2 cells boards like the Crystal Focus but has its use too on single cell boards.

Offline SSJDusten

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »
thank you, so forgive this next question. The saber I am getting i did not make, but it has a B, RB, an White. The seller of the saber said they can get a green flash on clash out of it. Which is partly my question. How, and how do I control it once it is received?

Thank you.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:52:17 AM »
You simply adjust the fdrive channels to set your foc color. That will be in the config.txt as the nb use standard blade color definition and not color profiles

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 06:51:29 AM »
I highly doubt they get a true green out of a FoC with those LED's. It would have to mix the two blues (as one) and the white together. As Erv said, you can adjust how much of those two mix, but it won't ever be green imo. Not sure what hes talking about really.

Offline SSJDusten

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the help.

retrousse