fiduciary

Author Topic: The First Yoda EP3 Video review in thread!!!!  (Read 18738 times)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
Re: The First Yoda EP3 Video review in thread!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 10:26:07 PM »
Awesome video review Kit, you did an excellent job.

You should be the official MR reviewer  ;)

I just got mine today and I'm impressed with it. I have compared it with all my Force FX's and the Yoda FX sure is more comfortable and easy to make spins around the house without having to hit the cieling. What I really like about it, it's so bright even at daylight. The brightest blade I've seen from MR. The sounds I can live with it, wish they had different to match Yoda's but overall it's a really well produced collective.

Thats my goal,for MR to have me do all the video reviews,but no luck yet.
I guess If I keep up being the 1st one to put out video reviews ,they might give in one day*crosses fingers*
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 10:34:43 PM »
I'm sure you will Kit, with all the hard work and dedication. Especially running a well recognize site, they cannot ignore. You can count on my vote  ;)

Offline jediwrath

• Experienced Force User
  • 66 is a magic number!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »
u should get payed to do it too  :D . but u are  always first to get it done and the reviews are always great.

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 12:52:03 AM »
u should get payed to do it too  :D . but u are  always first to get it done and the reviews are always great.

I'm sure you will Kit, with all the hard work and dedication. Especially running a well recognize site, they cannot ignore. You can count on my vote  ;)

Well I think I have much to offer a company like MR,scratch that not think I KNOW I do.(Promotions,Reviews,Graphics,Tech support)
I have dropped a few hints about "hey can you guys send me sabers when they first come out so I can video review um"
But was never answered.
Regardles I enjoy being the first to show the new Fx to the online world.
I will keep doing it no matter what..
But im some cases it`s quite costly,like my Obi Wan FX review costed me $210 to get the Obi the first day it dropped at Comi con.
So yeah if you enjoy my video reviews please post and say in here and I can point this thread to MR..
That`s one thing about MR is they DO listen to what people want online..

Like at RS people where posting that MR needed a new site design,and a few weeks later it was done..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:59:38 AM by KIT FISTO »
LaserBlade:

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline Red Five

• Master Force User
  • "My daddy can whoop your daddy!" -Luke Skywalker
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 01:13:46 AM »
First Thanks for the review Kit!

Wow! It's small, but it looks absolutely incredible!
And the blade...I love the fact that it's not the same exact color as the Luke ROTJ. Since all 64 LEDs are in a smaller concentration, the Yoda must be not only the brightest but also the best evenly lit blade.

As for spins, it's a perfect as a shoto. Wookieepedia even says so...

"Master Yoda's lightsaber was small enough that it may actually have been technically classifiable as a shoto, though it was not used as such. A shoto was a lightsaber with a very short blade. Essentially its purpose was to counter attacks by an opponent's weapon while freeing the primary lightsaber for a return strike."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto

Yoda's lightsaber gives us a brand new style with which to fight. I know that a shoto is used under the lightsaber combat Niman/Jar'Kai. What I mean by new style is that we have a weapon that during close combat has more maneuverability, and it's use is really only for defense while regular duel combat the sabers can be easily alternated between attacking and defending. I think it's great for swordsmanship, and should help in creating more artistry in a duel and lead to a better choreographed fight scenes because effectively using the shoto means blocking and setting up for the attack and not so much you just doing a lot of crazy attacks.

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »
Hey master Yoda,you need to change the name of this sub board.
The Yoda Fx is a Ep3 not Ep2.
LaserBlade:

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »
First Thanks for the review Kit!

Wow! It's small, but it looks absolutely incredible!
And the blade...I love the fact that it's not the same exact color as the Luke ROTJ. Since all 64 LEDs are in a smaller concentration, the Yoda must be not only the brightest but also the best evenly lit blade.

As for spins, it's a perfect as a shoto. Wookieepedia even says so...

"Master Yoda's lightsaber was small enough that it may actually have been technically classifiable as a shoto, though it was not used as such. A shoto was a lightsaber with a very short blade. Essentially its purpose was to counter attacks by an opponent's weapon while freeing the primary lightsaber for a return strike."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto

Yoda's lightsaber gives us a brand new style with which to fight. I know that a shoto is used under the lightsaber combat Niman/Jar'Kai. What I mean by new style is that we have a weapon that during close combat has more maneuverability, and it's use is really only for defense while regular duel combat the sabers can be easily alternated between attacking and defending. I think it's great for swordsmanship, and should help in creating more artistry in a duel and lead to a better choreographed fight scenes because effectively using the shoto means blocking and setting up for the attack and not so much you just doing a lot of crazy attacks.

Wielders were required to become proficient in the lightsaber techniques of Niman or Jar'Kai in order to reduce risk of injury to themselves due to the increased dexterity needed to master the use of both blades simultaneously

Indeed ;)

Also the blade is actually a few inches shorter them by custum Lux Muals with 2 fiit blades..
Im guessing the Yoda blade is like 2 foor 3 inches.
LaserBlade:

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »
You have my vote too Master Fisto, just let me know when you need it. You make the best and most detailed video's for the fx reviews, that's why I got my first two sabers from watching your vids. Keep cum coming.  ;)

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 02:34:27 PM »
Excellant work Master Fisto.  Funny how the Yoda sounds like the Anakin, Obi, Luke ESB, Luke ROTJ, Mace ROTS ATOC.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 02:58:58 PM »
I think it sounds more like the Mace ROTS to me than anything else. The power up isn't quite like the Anakin/Obi-Wan on power up...

But it isn't tinny sounding like the Luke ROTJ either. It reminds me of the Mace ROTS more than the others, but the retraction sound is like the Anakin/Obi-Wan.

Kit, can you compare a Mace vs the Yoda and see if I'm right?

BTW...I might actually get this one later on...after I get my Vader and Luke ANH's that I have on pre-order of course.  ;D

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 07:25:15 PM »
Great video, once again Kit.

I couldn't help but get up in the beginning and do a little hip hop dance to your Jedi beats  ;D

Can't believe all the trouble you had to go through to get this out to the world, but we hope you realize that we all appreciate your effort in getting it done and being the first to do it!  8)

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 01:25:02 AM »
Great video, once again Kit.

I couldn't help but get up in the beginning and do a little hip hop dance to your Jedi beats  ;D

Can't believe all the trouble you had to go through to get this out to the world, but we hope you realize that we all appreciate your effort in getting it done and being the first to do it!  8)

Thanks Anakin,but now I don`t know how im going to film my entry for the saber trials now,my cam it totally broke as of today..
I though it started to work again and I went and filmed at the park for a hour this morning...only to have the tape eaten beyond repair..
But stupid me did not learn and  again this after noon I got another brand DV tape,got all into costume and filmed a great sequence ..
I even got it to play back..
But when I pluged my cam to my pc to capture the video ,my cam just stopped working all together..

This was SUCH a bad time for this to happen,I want to enter the saber trials SOOOOOOOOO bad.
I don`t know what im going to do,I don`t have $300 to buy a new dv cam..
Just my fricken luck..
I even asked Amy if I could enter without sending in a video,since I already for short clips of my old skills on youtube,but that wont make a exception for me..

I was so pissed this after noon I just went to sleep for about 12 hours and just woke up,I just want to shut off the world some how right now..  >:( >:( >:(
LaserBlade:

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 05:24:22 AM »
Hey Kit.. what's the title of the background music? It's really good.

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 06:33:16 AM »
Hey Kit.. what's the title of the background music? It's really good.
2 of the songs are beats I made..
Ep3 remix and Star Wars Hop.
You can download and see the music video for um at my myspace band page
www.myspace.com/forcefxmusic

LaserBlade:

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 09:05:53 AM »
Hey Kit,
If you have a Credit Card you can go to purchase a DV camcorder using the card and then use the camera to make your vid.  Then just take the camera back and get your money back on the card.   I call that "renting for free"  The most you will have to pay is a couple dollars in finance charges on your card and thats it.   I've "rented" coolers, tv's and a regular camera like that before.

May The Force FX Be With You!

retrousse