fiduciary

Author Topic: New Clone Wars Series Trailer  (Read 14286 times)

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
Re: New Clone Wars Series Trailer
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »
Cartoon network is gettin ready because they put all the clone episodes on the internet
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline cw

• Force User
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber....
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2007, 08:31:45 PM »
Not quite what I was expecting. The animation doesn't seem very detailed and they kept the comical looking style that the cartoon had. I was expecting something more from them. Seems like they took the lazy way out. Makes it very hard to take seriously. I'm still confused if this is just a redo of the cartoon or something new. Hopefully good writing and music will save it because the look does nothing for me.

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »
Well rumor has it as 100 episodes. I'd think Fox and ABC has the legit shot at the series.Fox has always been with Lucas.ABC is owned in part by Disney.

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
Yeah,I was thinking FOX would get it.
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline PokerJedi

• Force User
  • AKA Ikslab LeBrok- master Jedi guitar builder
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 07:42:16 AM »
I'm still confused if this is just a redo of the cartoon or something new. Hopefully good writing and music will save it because the look does nothing for me.

It's a little bit of both... For as good as the Cartoon Network micro-series was, it was still not up to George's seemingly incredibly high standards...
As long as it's being done in-house and under George's direct supervision, he has complete control over it.

Think of this new series as a 're-imagination' of the Clone Wars timeline.

A full-blown prime-time series allows not only for more exploration of the major events within this timeline, but also allowing for deeper character expansion.

Tim the PokerJedi

Offline cw

• Force User
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber....
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 11:27:43 AM »
I think it's good that Lucas has high standards when it comes to story and the characters but he obvious doesn't when it comes animation because the Cartoon Networks animated series was some of the worst animation I've ever seen.

Offline DevilGuy

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
just to chime in, IMO the characters looked horrible, if this is George's high standard he needs to hand it back to the guys who did the clone wars cartoons, the ships did look amazing and the clones looked great but all the characters looked awful especially yoda, he looked like a caricature of himself.

Offline Darth Scythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 05:56:39 PM »
I just watched this with sound. Try to appreciate it for what it is not what it isn't. I like the exaggerated style. If it were as realistic as possible there would be know need for a live action series. Not sure how i feel about dooku wearing a hood. I think it's incongrous with his aristocratic style. Glad to see Asajj Ventress back. Plo Koon finally gets to do something. Anakin jumping from ship to ship was a nice touch although until the close up I thought it was Mace Windu like in vol.2 of Clone Wars. Dooku v. Anakin on what looked like tatooine? I can't wait for that. It was a shock when they first cut to Dooku and his face was so sharp and blocky. Everybody has a skinny neck. I've got to go back and see if I approve of that hood on Dooku.

P.S. I just realized that since this takes place before ROTS we probably won't see an 3D Sidious opn a lightsaber full of whoop a$$! It would be cool to see him be discovered early by a jedi and then silence said jedi.
Vader's Vault OSPP stunt "Majesty"
Do-Clo Yoda Lux III Red
Ultrasabers Luke ROTJ Lux III LedEngin 5 watt Green w/emitter upgrade
MR Luke ANH Stock
General Grievous/LDM Mace Windu ROTS TruPurple with windowed emitter
MHS saber \\\"Civil Elegance/Elegant Civility\\\" W.I.P.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 11:29:37 PM »
I think it is merely their way of trying to bridge the gaps between the youngest new viewers and still
capture the attention of their long term audience and I'll have to save my final thoughts for when I
see it in the theater. :)

retrousse