fiduciary

Author Topic: The MANDALORIAN  (Read 11626 times)

Offline Brad1981

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: The MANDALORIAN
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 04:36:24 AM »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 05:06:19 PM »
This is the way.

We have spoken.

lol

Only a couple weeks and already two catchphrases eh?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:52:51 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 11:35:58 AM »
Well, four chapters in, and it's definitely growing on me. I still think the pacing could be improved, though.

And it's nice to actually see what a vibroblade looks like, at long last.
Better late than never.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 07:23:36 AM »
Well, I'd like to withdraw any previous statements about it being boring. Pacing is still an issue, but it got a lot better as it went, and the season finale was pretty awesome.

Far better than RoS, at any rate. If only Disney would hand over development of the franchise to Favreau rather than Jar-Jar Abrams...
Better late than never.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 01:53:55 PM »
I liked the mandalorean...hoping other live actions on Disney+ deal more with gaps for key characters, like the Obi wan coming next year.

For what it’s worth, I think abrams did a good job, he had to dig out of the damage that rian Johnson did.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 01:15:24 PM »
Its pacing has been uneven at times but that's not uncommon for a new show and has improved toward the end as you say...and was just about perfect in the finale imo.

One thing I especially liked was the finale wasn't 'stingy' with revelations like some shows (*ahem* "Lost" took how many years for some of theirs Mr Abrams?) and easily could have stretched theirs out and padded episodes eg. made separate episodes out of revealing Mando's name and his face, another out of Cara's nationality and milked that for sympathy/melodrama, another episode for IG 11's fate etc etc. Many shows would have doled those and others out one episode at a time but the finale gave us very generous helpings of plot and character development and lore too. Just about every character we've seen got meaningful character development scenes unlike TROS where some (Rose Tico?) seemed almost irrelevant 'cameos'. That The Mandalorian could do deep characterization in less than half the screen time while still maintaining a lot of plot development (see BOTH can be done Mr Abrams) stands in sharp contrast to the Sequel Trilogy and should be a sign to Disney of how to do Star Wars RIGHT (note to Bob Iger: fire KK & JJ and replace with F & F immediately; they 'get it').

I know I'm rough on Jar Jar Abrams who may indeed have had an impossible task digging out of the 'get woke go broke' hole that KK and Roundhead Johnson dug almost as SW's grave (until the Mandalorian saved it) but despite great potential (since squandered) JJ's TFA was not sterling either. And lets not forget how JJ utterly ruined Star Trek with Into Dumbness er Darkness so the glaring difference of KK, RJ and JJ's product with Favreau's great work in the MCU and Filoni's excellence on the Clone Wars (and fairly good work on Rebels and even Resistance given their younger audience constraints) is all the more noticeable. Imo the Mandalorian proves Favreau and Filoni should run SW.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:42:37 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse