fiduciary

Author Topic: "Hope" Saber WIP/Interest Thread  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
"Hope" Saber WIP/Interest Thread
« on: March 09, 2017, 01:03:54 AM »

With the emotional ending of Rogue One, followed shortly thereafter by the real world death of our beloved Princess Leia I decided I wanted to do something special to pay tribute to Carrie Fisher's memory and the memory of her iconic character.  Given that my specialty is sabers, rather than artwork, or storytelling, I opted to recreate a saber that I felt had been neglected a bit in the community. There have been versions of it made, yes, but I never felt that any of them quite hit the mark for me. So, I began working on a prototype for a new saber based on the graphic novel version of the Princess.  I couldn't think of a better possible name for this saber (and the run that I am hoping to turn it into) than the word she said as she received the Death Star plans after the battle of Scarif.

"HOPE"

This will be a fully custom designed saber with custom machined chassis, currently housing an NEC board, 18650, NECree RGB, and 2W Railmaster flat speaker.

Though it is still under development, I wanted to share it with you and let you know that I will be offering a limited number of these sabers to the public in the very near future.

As a side benefit to this saber, I have also spoken with Saber Baron about a custom font for this hilt, and when the time is right, he has generously offered to donate all proceeds from the font to one of Carrie Fisher's favorite charities.

So, here are some of the images that I have been sharing around the forums and Facebook groups lately for this, and I am finally bringing you all up to speed with it. This is being designed from the inside out to assure the best possible fit for electronics and to make it absolutely duel worthy when it is complete. That being said, the shiny parts are coming soon, but here is a look at the chassis setup so far.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline darkblade

• Padawan Learner
Re: "Hope" Saber WIP/Interest Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 04:21:20 AM »
Very cool - looking forward to the run! I'll definitely be signing up for this one.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »
Interrested.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
That is great, and with the charities and all .Interested!

Offline dr.djcolegrove

• Force User
  • Impressive, most impressive
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
Interested
VV/JQ Sabers: Starkiller; SC/VV: Qui-Gon limited edition; VV:Ardent Elite/Havoc/Hero; JQ Sabers:Graflex x2/Graflex Revisited/Lumi/Plo/Chromed Obi TPMx2/Chromed Duke; RO Sabers: Luke ANH and Rey TFA/Obi ANH/KotaV5; HARP: TFU1 SK/DM/SS/TFU2 SK/QGJ/Obi TPM; LDM: GK3/Jacen Solo; GCS: Bane/Ascend x2/Jaina Solo; SH: Force Witch x2/Padawan x2/Corran/Ahsoka pair/Luke V2/TFU2. OM/LDM: Stormtrooper/Skinnyflex; Goodman: Laceratus; FR: Gungi/Wampa/Kota/Yun/Tenel Ka/Darth Talon; NA: Darth Baras;OR: Adi Gallia/Mara Jade;MR:Sid; 89Sabers: Sid,LukeV2

retrousse