fiduciary

Author Topic: Organizational News about the Petit Crouton's future  (Read 4807 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Organizational News about the Petit Crouton's future
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »
This news may be of interest to some of you.  To most, it will not make much difference since it does not change the current availability of the Petit Crouton.

As of January 2011, the Petit Crouton will no longer be a JSSDC/ISG/Plecterlabs property.  From that point on, it will only be available to ISG members through a standardized ISG notification process or through the ISG website (forthcoming) and once the website is up and running, the PC will be fully removed from the JSSDC premises.  This should happen within a week or so.  

All Petit Crouton Approved members have been informed of this change already and this in no way reflects upon the ISG's relationship with JSSDC and has indeed always been the plan for this board since its inception.

More ISG information will be forthcoming very soon.  Suffice to say, for now, that there will not be a new forum associated with the ISG.  Thank you to everyone who supports the Petit Crouton and to all of the wonderful people here and at JSSDC. ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:58:28 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline Saarai

• Master WordSmith
  • Force User
Re: Organizational News about the Petit Crouton's future
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »
Ok, so for those like me who may be a bit ignorant (have trouble following all the relational stuff) who are the members of the ISG? and you mentioned a site?
BlackBerry Pin: 32A584D4

Character and integrity are what you do when no one is around or looking.
Bowties are cool.
From now on I'll be green, I'll be all the shades of green, they'll call me El Verde and tell my tale in Greenland.
Yoda: "To the hand you must talk." ROP5

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »
Ok, so for those like me who may be a bit ignorant (have trouble following all the relational stuff) who are the members of the ISG? and you mentioned a site?

We will post info about it when the site is ready (it will be a free resource for everyone to use).  As far as ISG members go, you will know most of them by their "Petit Crouton Certified" SIGs.  As far as "How do I become a full member of the ISG?" goes, that question will be answered on the site itself.  

Please feel free to post questions in this thread.  I will check it daily and respond so that everything is clear for everyone. ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:28:26 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »
Not so much a question as a comment, but, I think it's pretty cool keeping the general hobby public informed about this. While most of us, including myself, have nothing to do really with the PC, it's nice to know how it started, where it's going, how it's evolving, etc.  :)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
Shade.. funny that you mention LED saber history / who-what-when, as... XL97 and I have been (slowly?) trying to make the beginnings of a sort of "Timeline" for LED saber history.  Not to de-rail, but... yeah... it's comin'.  There was a post I had going on @ TCSS for a bit, but I backed off on it for a bit due to other priorities comin' through.

Anyhow... yah... I've said it before, I'll say it again: the "saber builder gurus" have mostly ALWAYS been trying their best to improve and move FORWARD all things LED saber.  No one is trying to make it "hard" for the so-called little guy or one-time-purchaser, etc.  :)  Which is nice.
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

retrousse