fiduciary

Author Topic: A little more speculation on the Star Wars Live Action TV series...  (Read 11606 times)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
Re: A little more speculation on the Star Wars Live Action TV series...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
Well, you can see the concentration needed to float the Xwing, C3PO and what else.

So, to float themselve and fight at the same time?

B

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:35 PM »
I totally agree with your point there, Boxter - like when Yoda moves that big wotsit and Dooku escapes in AOTC - he can certainly do it, but he's not casually tossing it about like seems to happen in The Force Unleashed.

I liked the original idea of the Force coz it had a sense of some of the physical and mental feats that dedicated people can achieve in the real world, like martial arts stuff and monks and yogis and so on, but then taken a stage further, rather than seemingly effortless superpowers. there seemed to be a bit of the superheroics in The Clone Wars cartoon series as well, but that's more excusable to me because the cartoon was very deliberately stylized and unnaturalistic.

I guess some sort of story crossover might happen, but I hope that any part the Force plays in the LA TV series is more in the vein of the movies.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
I totally agree with your point there, Boxter - like when Yoda moves that big wotsit and Dooku escapes in AOTC - he can certainly do it, but he's not casually tossing it about like seems to happen in The Force Unleashed.

I liked the original idea of the Force coz it had a sense of some of the physical and mental feats that dedicated people can achieve in the real world, like martial arts stuff and monks and yogis and so on, but then taken a stage further, rather than seemingly effortless superpowers. there seemed to be a bit of the superheroics in The Clone Wars cartoon series as well, but that's more excusable to me because the cartoon was very deliberately stylized and unnaturalistic.

I guess some sort of story crossover might happen, but I hope that any part the Force plays in the LA TV series is more in the vein of the movies.

Well said, brother!

That was what I was talking about that they are making Jedis too super hero-ish with Unleash. It became unnatural. See the Unleash video of that Jedi downing an Imperial SD??? Its cool to look at but too cartoonish like the Clone Wars cartoon. If any Jedi can be that powerful, they won't be needing armies or fighter jets. Its just all wrong. Sure the Unleash game got the latest whatever engines gameplay but the designers need a reality check with the fans first. I would slap them on their heads! :D

B

Offline defyitall

• No Force
  • Some call me Obi-Han
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 01:03:11 PM »
Just to point out that Lucas has said in almost every interview he's given that the show won't involve Vader or any characters we know from the movies besides possibly Fett.  That probably means no Jedi as well.  So I doubt there will be any lightsabers; Vader's or otherwise.  It seems like he wants to show the reality of the world inside the fledgling empire.  Not retread ground from the movies.

Also, Cartoon Network and TNT are owned by the same company: Turner Broadcasting.  Lucas already had a deal for programming on Cartoon Network from the Clone Wars 2D series.  So this is just another working opportunity.  Reruns on The Clone Wars will air on Cartoon Network's sister channel TNT to go to a larger audience.

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
I think Lucas is gonna take us where we only heard little about and definately new places, faces and ideas. *ahem* To go where no SW Junky has gone before ;D lol Sorry, couldn't help it!

There wasn't much about the SW underworld, what life was like for the every day person. I think he's gonna attempt to give light to those kinds of things. No doubt we'll see Stormtroopers, etc, and maybe, though not likely, an new Jedi or two... I always wanted to see what Coruscant looked like beneath the cloud layer and not just in descriptibe words. We might get to see something about Black Sun - maybe even Prince Xizor? How knows? *shrugs* Also, there's places like Nar Shadda, Kuat, Mon Calamari and several other planets we have yet to see in film format.

I'm curious what GL is gonna create, and I'm looking forward to it :)
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »
Those sounds good too Ladysythe! SW Gangsta stories!

I am sure they will let a Jedi slip into the show along the way. After all, Boba is going to be in it and Vader will likely to hire him to hunt down some remaining Jedi...

But I am more than sure clone trooper stories will be feature e.g., Clone Commandoes seeking out Kaminaon scientist to normalise the aging procress.

BUT, its SW so whichever direction they do. I will be eager to watch it.

B

Offline Vaxin Fallwen

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
i dont know i have a bad feeling on how all the jedi fans are going to take this and inlease hes like telling "lost stories" about starwars then it might not work out i think he should expand past Luke and the new jedi order and what not

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »
I don't know what will work to keep this on the air but, I would like to see it cover pre-Episode 1/
Or short stories of other people and lives during ANH and so on. But if Star Trek and Star Gate can do it...GL can surly get it done!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »
Wow! Been a while since Ive seen my original ID! lol I heard its gonna be a mix of Sapranos and another edgy show. Suppose to hear more at SDCC 09.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 04:39:53 PM »
In TPM where Obi is hanging over the pit with Maul above and he Force Pulls the Qui Gomn lightsaber to his hand how does he get out of it...its doesn't seem to me like he was on solid footing and crouched down then Force Jumped...more like he telekinetically 'floated' or perhaps telekinetically 'threw' himself upwards a few feet?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »
In TPM where Obi is hanging over the pit with Maul above and he Force Pulls the Qui Gomn lightsaber to his hand how does he get out of it...its doesn't seem to me like he was on solid footing and crouched down then Force Jumped...more like he telekinetically 'floated' or perhaps telekinetically 'threw' himself upwards a few feet?
What... :-\

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Uhm, that question is rather irrellevant to this topic. But it was the Force/telekinetics

Grayven "Original"

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
Ooops that was a response to what Ki Adi and others were saying on the first page about Jedis having 'superpowers'.

"Well..... he floats rocks.....  and Yoda floats an Xwing........ is it such a leap to think a Jedi could float him, her, or it's self?........."

...but I must have flubbed up the "quote" function and without it yes it does seem 'irrelevant'...mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, my bad etc et al...lol

I've seen some criticism of Star Wars that it focuses too much on Jedi/Sith 'supermen' instead of 'normal' humans/aliens...I think it was sci-fi author Robert J Sawyer who was quite anti-Star Wars because of that iirc?

Maybe George intends this series to be an answer to that criticism by having it focus on the 'mere mortals' without the Force...in which case we might not see Jedi at all...or little. Personally I'd be less interested in a SW without lightsabers but I'm sure i'd still watch and there are non-Jedi/Sith/Force-centred stories to tell in the SW universe and maybe thats what GL will focus the live series on?

To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »
Ooops that was a response to what Ki Adi and others were saying on the first page about Jedis having 'superpowers'.

"Well..... he floats rocks.....  and Yoda floats an Xwing........ is it such a leap to think a Jedi could float him, her, or it's self?........."

...but I must have flubbed up the "quote" function and without it yes it does seem 'irrelevant'...mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, my bad etc et al...lol

I've seen some criticism of Star Wars that it focuses too much on Jedi/Sith 'supermen' instead of 'normal' humans/aliens...I think it was sci-fi author Robert J Sawyer who was quite anti-Star Wars because of that iirc?

Maybe George intends this series to be an answer to that criticism by having it focus on the 'mere mortals' without the Force...in which case we might not see Jedi at all...or little. Personally I'd be less interested in a SW without lightsabers but I'm sure i'd still watch and there are non-Jedi/Sith/Force-centred stories to tell in the SW universe and maybe thats what GL will focus the live series on?

What... :-\ J/K...  :D ;D ;D

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Galen Marek

• Padawan Learner
  • There may be a rebellion yet.
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »
Well this might be a cool show if it comes out...but I don't wanna get my hopes too high (I'm still pretty thankful for the Clone Wars series...even if its not "perfect" but what is?), good writer for the article though.
"You either die a hero....or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

retrousse