fiduciary

Author Topic: S.T.R.E.A.M. for free  (Read 9423 times)

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
S.T.R.E.A.M. for free
« on: February 12, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »
As a thank you for long-time DIYino supporters, I have made a free version of the STREAM system available for users of DIYino Prime V1 and Home-brew equivalents. (Stardust V3 versions are coming soon.) Both RGB in-hilt LEDs and Pixel blade versions are available to try. Think of this as the easy-button alternative to FX-SaberOS. You won't have to look at a single line of code, the firmware is pre-compiled and a GUI-based firmware installer is included.

This is a work-in-progress, but has passed alpha testing.

You can download for free here:
GitHub - JakeS0ft/STREAM at Version1.5_WIP

Presently all features are enabled except multi-font support. (If there is enough interest/public outcry, I can work on increasing that in a future release.)

A free sound font and all the files you'll need for your SD card are part of the download (see SDCard directory). A special version of my sound font converter tool is also included in the download. This tool can convert any of your Plecter fonts to STREAM format. (See SoundConverter directory.) The sound font converter tool's presets are already set to what STREAM expects (correct number of swings, clashes, etc.), so you should not have to touch them. Just select your Plecter font folder, a destination folder to put the converted files, and then convert. Easy!

Note to Mac users: All development and testing was done on Windows 10. The GUI is java-based so in theory it should work on Mac, however the included firmware loader will probably not work. For now Windows 10 is the only officially supported operating system.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:51:15 PM by JakeSoft »

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
Re: S.T.R.E.A.M. for free
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 05:33:57 AM »
Awesome Jake! For DIYino fans this will feel like you get an offer to upgrade your Ford Mustang to a Lamborghini for FREE!!!

I'm already a convert, all of my sabers at home are by now converted to STREAM!

Offline Vandar Cam

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 01:23:17 PM »
Jake, fortunate work! Thank you. For two years I have been paying attention to the development of the arduino lightsaber soundboard..I really like it, and since then I have made a couple of arduino home brewboards based on the designs that have worked well. I just tried the
S.T.R.E.A.M software and amazing.
I would also like to try the soundfont converter. Do you have any guide?

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:18:39 PM »
Jake, fortunate work! Thank you. For two years I have been paying attention to the development of the arduino lightsaber soundboard..I really like it, and since then I have made a couple of arduino home brewboards based on the designs that have worked well. I just tried the
S.T.R.E.A.M software and amazing.

Thanks for confirming it works for you! I think you are the first person besides Obi_1 to ever report a successful install. :)

I would also like to try the/ soundfont converter. Do you have any guide?

Yup. Watch this video. Just skip the parts about setting the counts for each type of sound, the defaults are already set to what you need for S.T.R.E.A.M.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »
I forgot to mention: If the "STREAM is FREE" video in the previous post gets enough likes, I'll unlock multi-font support in the firmware. Watch the video until the end for details!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
LIKE this VIDEO on YOUTUBE :D

Offline Hightower85

• No Force
  • Howdo!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 04:24:19 AM »
Hi All,

My KRS Flagship is being installed with the STREAM today and was wondering how to put Plecter fonts on to the board?

Can you do it through the GUI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
"Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned!"

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 06:43:13 AM »
Hi All,

My KRS Flagship is being installed with the STREAM today and was wondering how to put Plecter fonts on to the board?

Thanks in advance.

The sound font converter is included in the STREAM GUI download.
STREAM/SoundConverter at Version1.5_WIP · JakeS0ft/STREAM · GitHub

Scroll up in this thread and watch the video where I replied to Vandar Cam's question. You should not have to change anything with sound counts or in the config file; just set the source and destination folders and the tool will do the rest.

Good luck with your install!

Offline Hightower85

• No Force
  • Howdo!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 08:47:54 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

The sound font converter is included in the STREAM GUI download.
STREAM/SoundConverter at Version1.5_WIP · JakeS0ft/STREAM · GitHub

Scroll up in this thread and watch the video where I replied to Vandar Cam's question. You should not have to change anything with sound counts or in the config file; just set the source and destination folders and the tool will do the rest.

Good luck with your install!

That's brilliant.

I have just PM'd you regarding a problem I am having with firmware/loading the GUI for the first time bud.
"Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned!"

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »

Sooo close. 23 likes as of tonight. Just 2 more likes to unlock multi-font support! Share the video on FB, Reddit, and other forums! You can do it! Thanks everyone for the support so far!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 05:42:32 PM by JakeSoft »

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 07:45:07 PM »
The video says it all.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
  • Never tell me the odds!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »
Awesome News! I've been playing around with STREAM on a Brewboard for a couple of days now and I really like it. It's super responsive and very easy to use!

Offline Vandar Cam

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »
Thank you Jake the 2 soundfont, nice!

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 07:33:51 PM »
Awesome News! I've been playing around with STREAM on a Brewboard for a couple of days now and I really like it. It's super responsive and very easy to use!

Thanks, Kolgrima for the kind words and also for testing it out on a Brew Board.

Ease of use was a big goal with this, so I was pleased to read your comment. I suspect that the requirement to edit and build code has turned off some would-be Arduino/DIYino fans. I hope that removing that requirement can help change that at least a little.

The motion engine is something I spent a lot of time working on to get it just right. I am glad to see the result is appreciated!

Side note: Since the free STREAM dropped, I've been getting a lot of PMs with words of praise, and while I really value that feedback, so far not a single video or picture. What gives? Don't be shy, folks! I wanna see some hum'n glow sticks!  :grin:

retrousse