fiduciary

Author Topic: My Anakin ROTS Force Fx Review  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
My Anakin ROTS Force Fx Review
« on: October 28, 2005, 05:21:07 AM »
My first lightsaber was Darth Vader ANH Force FX and back then it was the greatest thing ever until now. Don't get me wrong, the Vader fx looks great on the wall, put it's pretty average in use (Too heavy to play with, hilt oversized, 6 batteries etc). Anakin ROTS FX is far better and truly a worth of every penny. My first impression was "Cool", when I unpacked it and touched it for the first time. The way it felt in my hands was almost perfect. The hilt actually looked a bit small, but it's just because I was used to the size of GEN 2 Vader ANH FX. The Gen 3 FX's are more "realistic" in size and weight. Anakin ROTS FX is so easy to play with and swing around. The use of 3 batteries instead of 6 is a great thing, because it's quick to install, light in use, 6 batteries cost double compared to 3 and I rarely have 6 fresh batteries in my shelf. So the technical aspects are ok. What comes to the hilt, I'm bit divided in opinions. It looks yet so simple, but still so beautiful. The details are nice and I really like the hilt design part where the tube and hilt unites. I also like the buttons and other little things. The things that I don't like are minor, but still...The golden switch is perhaps the biggest problem issue, because there's only a slight paint layer and it will wear off in use. Some of the gold paint were already missing when I fist time unpacked it from the box. Only a little part, but hey, these things ain't cheap and I just want to warn that when you'll order don't expect to get mint condition hilt. Sad but true. Also some scratches on the crome hilt, but luckily not too easy to notice. Even there were some minor problems I'm still pretty happy with the overall look of the hilt.  Then to the best parts which are the actual reasons to get this saber to your collection. The ignite of the blue light is great, not as menacing as the Vader, but in the dark light it look's awesome. The light is bright and looks nice. On/Off switch works just fine, if you'll hold it the right way. The switch can accidentally turn off during hard swinging, if you'll hold it the wrong way. The motion sensors are just perfect, not too oversentitive and precisely to way I want to lightsaber to feel. The humming sound is a bit soft, not as loud as i thought, but the 4 sound effects are cool as xxx. I actually banged it for a while, I just couldn't get enough of the sound fx's. So my overall opinion is a "MUST HAVE" Lightsaber and it's quite good in many ways. It's not "blown away" perfect, but the surely the closest thing to your wishes.

Here are my Anakin ROTS Force FX rates:
Size 9/10
Weight 9.5/10
Build quality 8.5/10
Paint application 7/10
Looks 9/10
Usability (tricks and spins) 9.5/10
Brightness 9/10
Sound 9.5/10
Motion sensors 10/10

OVERALL 9/10
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 02:06:53 PM by Hamill82 »

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
Re: My Anakin ROTS Force Fx Review
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 01:24:27 PM »
Greetings from holland.

Thank you and keep up the good reviews.
Maybe in a few weeks I place mine. First I have to receive them from TheSaberVault

Your friend Darth Matth

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 01:53:20 PM »
Hi Darth Matth, many thanks for your reply, I'm really looking forward to see your review. Have a pleasant time in Holland and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. Some wife's relatives live in Belgium and Holland...   ;D

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 02:01:19 PM »
Excelent Review Hamill82 !!!
but i would have put 8/10 for the build quality(generaly because of the hilt)

Offline Leading

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:49:53 PM »
Nice review. That might be what i need to hear to push me in the direcion of buying anikan's saber instead of mace's saber
"Fear.....Fear attracts the Fearful..The strong,the weak,the innocent......Fear is my Ally"
-Darth Maul

sharpy

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 03:46:50 PM »
good review Hamill82, ill be writing my Anakin ROTS review soon when i get it. Hopefully i have as much fun with it as you do.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 04:37:53 PM »
Thanks sharpy, Anakin ROTS is a lot of fun. Next I'm gonna write review of Mace's Force Fx, but first I gotta have it. Perhaps I'll buy it as a christmas present for myself. I have been thinking about review of my Vader ANH FX, but I don't know whether anyone's interested...

Offline TVader

• No Force
  • "Don't make me destroy you."
    • photobucket
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 08:03:05 AM »
thanks for the review definately a push in the right direction for me as to purchasing one
"Try not. Do or do not.  There is no try."
"That is why you fail."  Yoda
"This is the end for you my master." Lord Vader

Offline Jedi Ollie

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 01:10:01 PM »
Very cool review, this is definately the saber I want!

Offline Nestea341

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 11:49:19 AM »
Very impressive review there, Hamill82. I have to agree with him with regard to this Anakin ROTS. To be honest with you guys, it is really a kind of lightsaber that you wouldn't want to miss out that got to have it. Thanks God that I had switched my Darth Vader ESB to this one thanks to the accident I had back in December. Without the accident occurred, I wouldn't never had this great lightsaber with me and I felt very lucky about it. :)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 12:23:30 PM »
Very impressive review there, Hamill82. I have to agree with him with regard to this Anakin ROTS. To be honest with you guys, it is really a kind of lightsaber that you wouldn't want to miss out that got to have it. Thanks God that I had switched my Darth Vader ESB to this one thanks to the accident I had back in December. Without the accident occurred, I wouldn't never had this great lightsaber with me and I felt very lucky about it. :)

To be honest, this was my very first post here, so it's just a brief look at the Anakin ROTS. I will do a new fresh improved review of this saber with lots of pictures as soon as I got some extra time...  ;), similar with the Luke ROTJ.

Offline Nestea341

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 02:24:53 PM »

To be honest, this was my very first post here, so it's just a brief look at the Anakin ROTS. I will do a new fresh improved review of this saber with lots of pictures as soon as I got some extra time...  ;), similar with the Luke ROTJ.
Nice and I will be looking forward to that, my friend. :)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »
Great review, I love my Anakin ROTS saber.

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse