fiduciary

Author Topic: Soundfonts for someone else's saber  (Read 863 times)

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Soundfonts for someone else's saber
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:40:35 AM »
Hello folks!

Five months back, I was contacted by a friend to make him a saber. As of yesterday, that saber is complete. As per my agreement with him, I'll have pictures for the Forum gallery as soon as he's take possession of the saber (he doesn't want anyone else to see it before he does, which is fair, I think.)

There's one last thing to do for that build, and that's installing some custom soundfonts onto it. So my question really is this: can I use the custom fonts I've already purchased for myself on a saber destined for someone else, or should I purchase a second copy?

I know that the logical answer is to get my friend to buy his own fonts, but in the past five months, I've tried (many times) to get him to check saberfont out. But nada. he just wants a saber the looks good and sounds the part without any effort on his behalf.

So far, the plan is to use the three basic soundfonts that come with the FXSabers-OS code -Vanillas Light, Dark, and Swirl- and two custom dark side fonts- probably Pitch Black (which I already have) and a Count Dooku inspired one (yet to be decided). I'm just not 100% sure on what the rules are for soundfonts in a scenario like this.

Any advice appreciated!

Better late than never.

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
Re: Soundfonts for someone else's saber
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 08:09:32 AM »
Ya he’s supposed to purchase his own.  You can have him pay you and you can buy them again or new ones.  That way he only has to pay the money and it’s not going to be too much effort on his part.

Offline Morannon

• Force User
  • “Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.”
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 09:51:26 AM »
Exactly what Seth said. Sound font piracy is no bueno.

Rebellion Run Jacen Solo
GCS Ascend

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 11:00:20 AM »
Fair enough. Well, I've said Pitch Black is good enough to buy again before. Time to put my money where my mouth is, I guess  :wink:
Better late than never.

retrousse