fiduciary

Author Topic: My first scratch built Saber with open crystal chamber  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Ridire Fíréan

• Force User
  • Up&down&around the bend a Jedi's story never ends
Re: My first scratch built Saber with open crystal chamber
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 03:34:30 PM »
Hey @SciFiSurfer  !  Kudos on the ingenuity with the laser cut, then bent steel!  That's pretty fierce thinking there.

Tell us a bit more about the Jedi Symbol Lightsaber Stand.  With a couple of tweeks that'd be my 3rd favorite lightsaber stand behind MadCow's Boiling Blade Wall Mount, and QuestDesignCanada's Death Star Hallway themed LED stand.

Congratulations on a very striking pairing!

Offline SciFiSurfer

• No Force
  • .....negotiations with a light saber...
Re: My first scratch built Saber with open crystal chamber
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »
Hi and thanks so much for the compliment Ridire!
Actually the idea for the stand came a little on the spur of the moment. I was invited by the local SW-Club to present the sabers at a cinema during the premiere of "Solo" and I thought that it would look boring if they were just laying on the little table that I had at my disposal. Standing the sabers upright with the blade installed seemed a better solution.

That thought in mind, I decided on 6mm untreated steel that was laser cut and welded together. I wanted the stand to be heavy, both for looks and so that it could not be accidentally tipped over so easily. For the "dark side" Saber, the raw edges and stained metal worked very well visually.

picload.org | 20180428_112515.jpg

A train modeller I know, took the very short notice job to airbrush the stand for the "light side" saber.

picload.org | 20180608_064221.jpg

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:30:40 PM by SciFiSurfer »

retrousse