fiduciary

Author Topic: Prizm 5.1 And Bluetooth  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Argathena

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Prizm 5.1 And Bluetooth
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »
Greetings! I am currently attempting to add bluetooth to my current build on a Prizm 5.1  Ive seen a few posts out there explaining setup including the one on Plecter Labs Website.  From what I can tell it should not be an issue, but i still can not get RICE to connect.  My pc is paired to the Bluetooth (HC-06) and i have the UART drivers installed.  I can get the Bluetooth to 'Connect' to my PC and the red light remaining solid indicates the connection is there.  But in RICE I never connect. 

For the com port, my PC says its using both 9 and 10,  and RICE shows both those ports.  Only port 10 will actually allow the 'connection' from PC to Saber to happen (Solid red indicator light) Port 9 does not allow this connection.

When I do get that connection, RICE Hangs for a second, and then the PC and Saber are connected, but once again, RICE doesnt connect, and the board never shows in the board link status.

Things ive tried

- Swap the RX and TX
- Downloaded the CF DroidRice to phone and connection to the Bluetooth is successful (will never work of course, just testing connection to Bluetooth)
- Re-Installed Bluetooth Drivers
- Re-Installed Rice for Prizm 5

I hope that it is not a lost cause.  I have seen other posts that get RICE to work with a different Bluetooth module and the Prizm, and even on the Plecter Website is shows the HC-06 as compatible. 

Does the Current Rice support this is my next big question tward narrowing this down. 

Help me Obi-Ones you're my only hope!!

PS All require AT Commands have been sent to HC-06

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Prizm 5.1 And Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:18:53 AM »
it does work with the HC06 even though windows bluetooth stack is very capricious. I tested it very recently on various versions (CS and prizm IIRC) and I got a connection. I really seems to depend on how the pairing goes with the HC06 and how the port was installed / added.
I once tried to add it manually from the system manager and it didn't work. Then the automatic BT finder / pairing on windows 10 worked normally.

I have purchased a HM13 but I haven't got a chance to play with it, it seems to perform better. Regarding your AT commands, make sure you have configured the module in 115200 baud and slave. Keep also in mind that behind the generic HC06 you have tons of wonky firmwares. I recall trying to use the one called "bolutek" which have a console interpreter over the serial. I never could get them to work properly.

Offline Argathena

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:29:16 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply. I originally sent 3 AT commands during setup, name, pin and Baud rate. I'm almost 99% sure I set baud to 115200. Today I tried to verify that I did, and now I can't send any AT Commands. Can not get "ok" at all. I've tried all the baud rates. I'm using an uno as a usb to ttl to communicate with the hc-06, and when I first did it, I did it successfully.

Anyways being that there are many different firmware and other variables, can you recommend an exact one and place to buy an hc-06. Id like to rule out any of those other variables. Also may buy an actual cable instead of using the uno. Any recommendations on the cable too?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 01:18:13 AM »
by that time, I bought several over ebay and amazon. It's hard to find the one that is the original and that works normally. that's also why I never really did a tutorial around it as I couldn't master any reliable source for the part. Basically, any BT serial (SSP) module correctly configured would work.

retrousse