fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus Saber Core v8 "COOL DOWN EMITTER" ACCENT LEDS IDEA  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Ridire Fíréan

• Force User
  • Up&down&around the bend a Jedi's story never ends
Hey @erv  !  I have two ideas concerning the CFv8 ACCENT PADS that I'd like to run past you to see if they're possible. In both cases I'd like to have a set of "COOL DOWN EMITTER" LEDs.  You can squeeze 3 SMD LEDs through the center hole of a Tri-CREE Star LED beneath the Tri-CREE Lens and wire them to come on at the time the blade is turned off.  This effect will look better without the blade attached and a blade-plug installed (so that the blade isn't illuminated at its base), but it still might look cool with the blade!  The concept is that the emitter would be white-hot after having the blade "ON" and that you could see it turn from White-Hot to Yellow-Hot to Orange-Hot to Red-Hot and then fade from red down to nothing (cold).

The first idea is to separate the grouping of the Accent Pads to allow for a "Power On" LED, a "Crystal Chamber" LED, and a "Cool Down Emitter" LED (my ingenious idea!).

CONTROL BOX (Think "Red-Arrow and Green-Arrow" on Luke ROTJ Hero)
          ACCLED 1. Power "ON" LED
          ACCLED 2. Blade "ON" LED

CRYSTAL CHAMBER (Blade Color matching LEDS / RGB LED)
          ACCLED 3. Royal Blue
          ACCLED 4. Blue
          ACCLED 5. White (Flash On Clash)

COOL DOWN EMITTER (Could be RGB)
          ACCLED 6. Red
          ACCLED 7. Yellow
          ACCLED 8. White

The second idea is a variation of the first using only "Crystal Chamber" LEDs and "Cool Down Emitter" LEDs.  This one may work with the current code within the CFv8, but I haven't figured out how yet.  The "Control Box" LEDs could be run off of the 3.3v Power-ON pad and the Non-Vampiring Pad next to the Channel 1 pad for the Blade-ON LED.

COOL DOWN EMITTER
          ACCLED 1. Red
          ACCLED 2. Orange
          ACCLED 3. Yellow
          ACCLED 4. White

CRYSTAL CHAMBER
          ACCLED 5. Red
          ACCLED 6. Green
          ACCLED 7. Blue
          ACCLED 8. White (Flash On Clash)

If the CFv8 hardware would permit my "Cool Down Emitter" concept, and it could be coded and downloaded via R.I.C.E. that would be fantastic!  Please let me know if you think my second idea is doable with the current CFv8 coding, and how I might go about setting it up to behave the way it would need to.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Crystal Focus Saber Core v8 "COOL DOWN EMITTER" ACCENT LEDS IDEA
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:40:08 PM »
cool idea (pun intended  :angel: )
I would use the accent pads to do that, and add a capacitor and diode to retain power when you initiate the off sequence (leds.txt). This way, you'll see a remanent color change decreasing slower in brightness than the main blade.

Offline Ridire Fíréan

• Force User
  • Up&down&around the bend a Jedi's story never ends
Re: Crystal Focus Saber Core v8 "COOL DOWN EMITTER" ACCENT LEDS IDEA
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »
Thanks @erv  !  Interesting thought on using the capacitor!  So, you're thinking the lights would be on during the time the blade is on and that the capacitor will continue to power the LEDs once the saber is turned off?  I think that might effect the blade color though won't it?  I'm a little pressed for space though and don't think I can squeeze anything more in the hilt.  I wish I knew more about coding, I'd love to make this work with the hardware I already have.

retrousse