fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke Black Series ANH FX Lightsaber Conversion  (Read 4409 times)

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
Luke Black Series ANH FX Lightsaber Conversion
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »
Earlier last year (2016 lol) I was blessed to have enough cash to afford a VV Flex, after months of waiting, I received it, but was hit by the thing we call 'life' and was forced to sell it. I also had another 2.0 made by a smith, which I also had to sell.
I picked this up after a few months out of the community, with the thought of doing a conversion on it.
I followed this video, Luke - Black Series Lightsaber (2015) - Remove Blade [How To] - YouTube as a guide as to how to disassemble it.
     The saber was a lot hard to disassemble then the video made it look
       To simplify things, I used my sister's hair dryer to heat up the glue on the red button and faux glass eye.

Then remove the brass pins. Remember, twist and pull. It's easier with pliers. Needle nose ones slipped to much for

Then disassembly was a 'breeze'

Here's a pic of the switch. I sharpied one of the wires so I could remember how to solder them back

Until, I was met with an annoying pin that seemed jammed.

As you can see, I had to scrape the plastic off flush. Then with pliers I pulled with Thor's might and it finally came out. It was an enduring 20 min of struggling.
    After that, you need to lift the little pins holding the battery/speaker area
         -You can see a prong on the image above. Right side. You get a small flat-head screwdriver and lift, then do the same to the other side, and off it should come
Then you should gain access to the blade.

Then you cut the led string where the soundboard begins
I followed someone else tutorial, and bridged the connections needed

Orange is negative
Black positive

I used a TCSS 1" Heatsink module, Single Cree XPE-2.
I had to sand the inside of the plastic blade holder to fit the heatsink module. It's a tight fit, but managed to get it in (;D)

Now for reassembly, which was pretty darn easy if you organize your screws and parts.

Now finished!

Thanks for looking.
If you have any questions, let me know :)

I plan on upgrading this once a proper metal blade holder is released :)

Forgot to mention, that I had to recycle the old blade, since 1" blade don't fit, so this puppy I believe takes a 7/8 which I love.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:33:38 PM by brthegreat117 »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Luke Black Series ANH FX Lightsaber Conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:56:42 AM »
Cool stuff and welcome back!! :grin:

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
Re: Luke Black Series ANH FX Lightsaber Conversion