fiduciary

Author Topic: Momentary anti vandal switch to NBV3 board question  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
Momentary anti vandal switch to NBV3 board question
« on: November 14, 2016, 06:34:30 PM »
Hello all. I am building an all white led saber along with the short anti vandal white ring switch module I picked up from tcss recently. When everything is wired up to my NBV3, the switch doesn't light up till a clash is achieved on the board. Is this a switch issue, or a sd card programming issue on the NB?

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
Re: Momentary anti vandal switch to NBV3 board question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
It sounds more like a wiring issue to me. You probably have your switch wired in parallel to the FoC.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • "I See You Have Constructed a New Lightsaber"
    • Illuminated Saber Design and Concepts
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:38:59 PM »
Hello all. I am building an all white led saber along with the short anti vandal white ring switch module I picked up from tcss recently. When everything is wired up to my NBV3, the switch doesn't light up till a clash is achieved on the board. Is this a switch issue, or a sd card programming issue on the NB?

Did you wire to the 3.3v Pad?  This is the the best way IMO to wire the I.A.V. switch. 

If you wired it to the positive and negative pads, your wiring is probably switched or bridged. 

Don't think this is in anyway an SD card issue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:42:41 PM by Habbena »

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »
The switch is the pre-wired module anti vandal. It has the quick disconnect jst connector on it for the wiring harness of the nano biscotte V3. I think it would be pretty hard to wire it to the board with the wiring harness directly attached. Im wondering if its not the switch being prewired incorrectly.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:56:55 PM by Senti Xamas »

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
The switch is the pre-wired module anti vandal. It has the quick disconnect jst connector on it for the wiring harness of the nano biscotte V3. I think it would be pretty hard to wire it to the board with the wiring harness directly attached. Im wondering if its not the switch being prewired incorrectly.

The prewired Anti-vandal switch from TCSS has one lead(s) that goes to the switch (yellow) and the other (with the Dynaohm resistor)  needs to be wired to the board with a female JST connector.  Sounds like you are attaching the male JST to the FOC connector from the wiring harness.  (Although, the FOC lead is male I believe, so not sure about this)

Soldering with the wiring harness on is a piece of cake.  Just follow the points shown on the NB Manual.  I've done it on dozens of builds. 

Note the following from the TCSS description of the prewired AV switch:

"For the MWS Nano Biscotti the switch will plug into the switch port but the LED currently does not have a matching connector."

Thus, You need to create this connection with a Female JST connector, usually via the 3.3v and - power pads.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:06:29 PM by Habbena »

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 06:25:12 PM »
Ah ha! Thank you Habbena for that. I completely understand now.

Offline Habbena

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 07:06:59 PM »
Ah ha! Thank you Habbena for that. I completely understand now.

Cool! :wink:

retrousse