fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Vader Costume Pieces  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Beavercorp

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Darth Vader Costume Pieces
« on: December 05, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »
Hey there,

I'm looking for some costume pieces for a budget Darth Vader Costume. I would normally spend a thousand or so, I once owned the Deluxe DV costume that goes for 6-700 US (I am Canadian thus 600=1000 CAD, depending on exchange etc.)

What is special about this costume is that I will be getting it ready for PAINTBALL! Last year I attended an event Order 66, on the Rebels side as a Jedi and only used my lightsaber, crazy huh? But I got a kill, and it was on the crazy Russian too! Perhaps he's Ukrainian, I'm not too sure to be perfectly honest.

Back to the Vader Costume, I'm looking for the following items (with my maximum estimated cost...hopefully)

-Cape and chain and Inner Cape ESB-ROTS Style (220)
-Belt and chest attachments (100)
-Top Part of the helmet (75)
-Codpiece (75)
-Boot toppers (50)
-Gloves (50)

I would like to try and spend less than $500 US on the above, I'm fairly sure that Costume gloves will due (a la Halloween store) but if there is a better option I will certainly entertain it.

Note, I'm looking only for the top helmet piece because paintball safety regulations require proper eye and face protection, I will be getting my friend who is 3D wiz to print me a vader like PLA cover to go on the front of my mask.

I am aware that there are several custom costume tailors available, but most are back logged with episode 7, in addition, I haven't seen anyone who actually makes Vader pieces, so I'm looking for someone with experience first, before seeking someone else.

Can anyone send me in a direction to start?

Pic from Last Years event

retrousse