fiduciary

Author Topic: MKVI-e V2- Auction Thread **Auction #4 2015 in 1st post**  (Read 13029 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
MKVI-e V2- Auction Thread **Auction #4 2015 in 1st post**
« on: September 22, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »
Auction #3 - 2015

MKVI-e "V2 Version" - Auction Saber #4 for 2015

The album will be available to all bidders on request.

Starting bid is $1050 + paypal fee + Shipping

***A 1" blade is not included, but available for $22 to the winner (charger not included, but available for $22 to the winner). 

**If the Auction goes over $1250 I will pay the font makers for you, if not it will be the winner's responsibility to provide me with proof of purchase from saberfont.com. 

***The Auction starts now and ends at 9:00 PM PST Sunday September 27th, 2015. 

**Post bids in this thread.  Each new bid should be in $10 increments.

***Please feel free to post questions/comments here as well.  Auction rules are listed below.

This saber was built as a POC for the MKVI-e V2 product line. Touch Plate Activation is back.  This is the "decked-out" HV2 version of this saber (with a Crystal Pommel!!!).  It also includes the MKVI-e blade plug.  This is a GREAT saber.

Particulars:
MKVI-e V2 w/machined resonance
PCv3.5 with The 6 Font MKVI Package
Tri-CREE XPE2 GGB (GG main, B for FoC)
Pastor Jedi card Touch Plate Activation (tm)
7.4V (14670 Li-ion)
Easy Turn Pommel (tm) for SD access
LDM HO Speaker w/Steel Mesh protective grill

The BMT:

The Glams:

Plug in and FoC:

This auction will be conducted using the "Wat Rules" (listed below):

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid. 

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible. 

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:59:47 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline TRDNiteLife

• Force User
Re: MKVI-e V2- Auction Thread **Auction #4 2015 in 1st post**
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »
Sorry if I missed it...but bid increments?

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »
Sorry if I missed it...but bid increments?

LOL, You didn't miss it...I missed it in my copy/paste/mod.  I will add it now ($10 is standard on my auctions).  Thanks for the catch :-)

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »
Wow, this looks fantastic LDM! I love the copper accenting and the screen-accurate look of the blade plug. A bit jealous that my MKVI v2 doesn't get to have those same components on the emitter :( Will there be a run or will this be a regular but limited product like the MKIII?

Good luck with the auction and congrats in advance to whoever has the privilege of taking this saber home.

Offline 2fishbones

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »
Bid of $1100
Negotiator AOTCF4-R.S.retrofit CF-5.1 Crystal Chamber
Yoda PC2.0 MR Conversion PC2.1
Parks MKⅢ CF5
Parks Graflex Yoda,Kit CF5
korbanth ObiTPM CF6 Harp Saber
Korbanth Qui Gon NBv2 Harp Saber
Damage Maul tutorial Harp Saber

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:13:45 AM »
Wow, this looks fantastic LDM! I love the copper accenting and the screen-accurate look of the blade plug. A bit jealous that my MKVI v2 doesn't get to have those same components on the emitter :( Will there be a run or will this be a regular but limited product like the MKIII?

Good luck with the auction and congrats in advance to whoever has the privilege of taking this saber home.

Undecided at this point.  When I see how the auction goes/judge the interest I will decide.  The goal is to have a more attainable product that is more regularly produced.  I have irons in the fire on this and the auction itself is part of that (final price has nothing to do with it, it is more to assess interest overall).

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:14:37 AM »
Well, I should say there is certainly interest :D.  I've been wanting a good V2 for a long time!  If I didn't have so many thing going on right now I'd be bidding on this myself ;D

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »
just waiting to see TRDNitelife bid, please stop deleting my comments haha ;)

Offline TRDNiteLife

• Force User
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 10:16:56 AM »

Now I feel pressured to get this.  ^-^

I don't see it in the pictures but I wanted to verify - no GRAFLEX marking on the clamp? Would it be a simple swap or does the clamp card/pressure switch plate make it more difficult? Similar question for the card. Does the card have any unique properties in regards to use with the pressure switch(es) or can it be replaced with a different card like the one by slothfurnace?

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »

I don't see it in the pictures but I wanted to verify - no GRAFLEX marking on the clamp? Would it be a simple swap or does the clamp card/pressure switch plate make it more difficult? Similar question for the card. Does the card have any unique properties in regards to use with the pressure switch(es) or can it be replaced with a different card like the one by slothfurnace?

The clamp does NOT have the Graflex stamp.  The card could indeed be replaced by one of Sloth's.

Not sure what you mean, I have not deleted any posts.  This is an auction thread so I don't see why I would unless someone were trying to poach a sale (which would be against the forum R&R's and in exceptionally poor taste.), which I'm sure you wouldn't do so maybe you just forgot to hit "post".  I have done that before (many times) ;)

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 10:36:41 AM »
no its cool, i replied to mace but he fixed it ;)

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
interested in the blade plug, if it becomes available

Offline TRDNiteLife

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 06:18:38 AM »

The clamp does NOT have the Graflex stamp.  The card could indeed be replaced by one of Sloth's.

Not sure what you mean, I have not deleted any posts.  This is an auction thread so I don't see why I would unless someone were trying to poach a sale (which would be against the forum R&R's and in exceptionally poor taste.), which I'm sure you wouldn't do so maybe you just forgot to hit "post".  I have done that before (many times) ;)

PM sent 2 days ago. Please let me know.  :)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »

PM sent 2 days ago. Please let me know.  :)

Okay.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »
Auction ends tomorrow night.  The people who asked me specifically to list it have not responded so, clearly with the lack of interest I will most likely not be offering these here any longer. 

retrousse