fiduciary

Author Topic: ALW Sabers  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Darth John

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
ALW Sabers
« on: June 08, 2015, 02:13:54 PM »
I just wanted to give an opinion on Advanced Light Weaponry. I first came across his website abut a year ago and was intrigued by the designs on his website well a few months ago I found a few that I liked on his ebay page so I bought three of them to see how they were. Two of the sabers had an orange red color led which ALW calls blazing red. The third had a blue led. All of the leds  are nice and bright now they aren't as bright as some of the latest and greatest led lights but the ones in these sabers are bright enough and have proven themselves to be very durable. Now as for finishes one of the red and the blue led sabers are painted with very unique designs and I have no idea what he uses for paint but it is very attractive finish and very durable even with heavy contact while dueling. Now the third saber is what ALW called an ancient  horn hilt which looks and feels amazing in the hand and is apparently done with a fiberglass material sculpted over the heavy steel tube and it is very durable and has suffered no damage so far while dueling. Ok now the real crown jewel feature of these sabers are the blades which are very think and durable and the tips will not come out period from what I have found during my use these are by far the most durable blades I have ever used for dueling. The bottom line is if you want a saber that looks good and is unique but will without a doubt be the most durable saber for dueling then these are the sabers to have. In fact I like them so much I just ordered a custom saber and my father purchased another saber for himself. Sorry for the lack of pics I'm not tech savy and postING them is beyond me from my phone.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: ALW Sabers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 02:45:10 PM »
Excellent!  Thanks for posting your review! :)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth John

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: ALW Sabers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 09:19:24 AM »
Oh one thing I forgot to mention is the weight which is an important  factor when considering an ALW saber. They are heavy due to the steel hilts pommel and emitters along with the extremely heavy duty  blades.  I'm my opinion though this is great because it reminds me of wielding my actual viking and other European swords. It makes they are extremely well balanced and flow very well during practice and heavy full contact dueling. 

retrousse