fiduciary

Author Topic: Like/Upvote system  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
Like/Upvote system
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:17:45 AM »
Just wanted to suggest a like/upvote system for comments in the forum. Of course this is common in social media and I also find it helpful in other forums as well, so I thought I'd suggest it here incase it's never really been mentioned.

Obviously, It can be great for acknowledging what someone has said without having to leave a comment, or just giving a virtual thumbs up, lol.

Often I'm reluctant to respond to people because I don't want to clog up the recent post sections with stuff like "Thanks", likes could be a shortcut for those little things.

I imagine however that this would be difficult to implement :/ and with it being a fairly common system; I'm guessing theres a good reason as to why we don't having something like this already. But I thought who knows, maybe a few people would like to see this put into action :)

Of Course I know him, he's me!

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Board Moderator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
Re: Like/Upvote system
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »
That feature has been added to the next version of the software, but SMF 2.1 is still in beta and not ready for production sites.  There is a mid package to add it to this version, but that is not compatible with the built in version of 2.1, which means that if I installed it, and then upgraded, all of the data would be lost in the site upgrade.

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
Re: Like/Upvote system
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »
Cool to hear it's heading down the pipeline, and yeah probably worth the wait if it means not losing all the data :P
Of Course I know him, he's me!

retrousse