fiduciary

Author Topic: PS4  (Read 11605 times)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
Re: PS4
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 05:10:42 PM »
Actually I got my Xbox for KOTOR. I waited to get an Xbox 360 for Halo 3 and got the special Spartan green version. I'll wait til 'whenever 'in 2014 and get the special Halo 5 edition Xbox One if they have one. Meanwhile there will still be good games coming out for XB360 and PS3 into next year and by then prices will drop...as will the price of the launch games for both One and PS4. Early adopters pay 'bleeding edge' prices - smart money can wait and enjoy the same games not that much later for less...other than Halo games or Star Trek or Star Wars movies I personally don't feel any pressure to be 'in' on 'first day'.
I'm not here to diss Sony - if Sony got an exclusive on KOTOR 3 I'd buy a PS4 jut for that the day it came out. My point is simply I'll buy a console for the 'must play' exclusive games I love not because of tech specs or connectivity/used game policies. YMMV and that's ok too, different strokes eh?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:15:12 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
I dont see Halo as a must have game. The last decent Halo game I played was Halo II. Since then its always been rentals or I would get them off of friends. Gears of war has been a more exciting title.

I also dont agree with Microsofts ethics. As. Consumer, if I buy there products  I am showing I agree to their approach. I try not to reward bad behavior and use my wallet as a means to voice my dissaproval.

Sure I could use work arounds and violate their terms and conditions but I would rather not do business with a company whose console I have to fight.  I play games to enjoy myself not deal with other problems. 

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Yoran Khoor

• Padawan Learner
  • Neither Light or Dark, there only the Force
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:09 AM »
I agrtee, I always wait a year and half or so before buying a new system.
reason...?
I ve worked in the industry and sold tons of console before that, statement, the first 2 series of console are here to determine the issues with the hardware and make it better, so basically  any fan that buy his system when it's released is paying for a not totaly finshed console unfortunateley.
remember XBOX launch... how many ROD?  heat problems...?
they all dio that , release a system early to make money fast and thenwoork to resolve hardware issues that were already there at the release date.....

business business, but me too won't fall for it and will wait serie 3 of the machines.
on top of that you  'll pay less( first discount appears after one year always) and few games will be out and can be found as used (again cheapper gaming XD)

So friends I know you want the new monsters asap but trust  me, wait and it'll be better, safer and cheapper.
"You trully know someone after you fought him"
Jedi...Sith? Both are wrong and blind, there is only The Force!
And it's neither good nor evil, it just IS.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »
I still have my ps3 from launch day (My ps2 from launch is still working as well). My xbox broke about a year and a half in and was out of warranty. My super NES, nintendo, N64, intelivision, and playstation still work as well (at least I think so I have not turned them on since december of last year.)

Jaguar 64/atari/sega dreamcast/sega/nintendo gamecube all stopped working.

I have had 4 xbox 360's. Two warranty replacements and then the fourth I had to buy. The first 2 suffered from rrod the third went up in smoke. The fourth still works.

The only issue I ever had with my original PS3 was it overheated if it was in a cabinet. Fixed that by leaving it in an open envirorment. When i swapped in a 500gb hardrive for 100 bucks that issue seemed to go away.

The rrod was due to a cheap component microsoft decided to use due to the cost savings of .50 per console.  The original design called for 10.00 more per console, but the director in charge of production swapped in cheaper components to cut oit the 10.00 dollars in savings per console. It increased the likilihood of malfunctioning by 3% but when they crunched the numbers the changes would net them a few extra millions of dollars even when warranty replacement costs were factored in.

Microsoft only changed the components later on when their cost decreased. Based on past history I might get an xbox a year after it is made, even with their poor track record for hardware. Only if the change a few of their system requirements though.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »
Sounds like nartules was burned several times by the rrod as was I.  However I stuck thru it for what I viewed was a better game portfolio and live experience.  Sony has and will always make better, beautiful hardware but MS had the better software services last gen.  I think the gap has been closed and Sony certainly won E3 with its initial pricing, used game policy, and the perceived invasion of privacy by MS.  However in the end, GAMES will determine the ultimate sales winner and I think MS had a better games showing at E3.  I for one am excited about both of these new consoles.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:40 AM »
i think MS screwd up big time the games "should" determin the winner but if hardly anyone ownes an xboxone to play them??
but i think sony has the best exclusives tbh, ther are a few awesome looking xb exclusives but not awesome enough for me to buy a $500 system with features im not gonna use

taking away our freedom of buying a 2nd hand game at a good price is a terrible thing everyone loves finding a bargain in a game shop but now we must pay for it, plus always online is stupid i dont see why it cant just do its online checks when you turn it on, and on top of this the tv "thing" is a wast of resources to me anyway i would defo not use any of those tv features

everyting ms do is gonna cost you big $$ they are in to too much partner tv deals (halo series for eg) so they will need to recoup money and stuff which as a gamer all that doesnt appeal

im convinced that for this gen the true gamers console is the ps4 followed up by the wiiu, xbox is like look were a tv set top box "and" a games console etc,,, take away the tv set top box and always online and pre owned games fee thing and we have a proper gaming console,
not gonna hapen tho cos MS are up to ther eyeballs in partenships it seems to be a cosnole for games/tv companys not for gamers

you just have to look at preorder stats right now to get an idea of how its panning out ps4 is at the top on every site iv looked at...

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
My buddy still has his PS3 from launch. It has it's problems, but it is the only generation that kept the backwards compatibility. My older PS3 works better than the slim version I bought for my father-in-law 2 years later. Just because it's newer doesn't mean they are always better. It also gets cheaply made too.

I look forward to the PS4 and want to play some of my old PS2 games that I could not play on the PS3. So long Microsoft. You never had a chance. LOL.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Microsoft still has some cards to play.  The price, not the internet/intrusion is most peoples concerns. Its the price. Microsoft, having made what accounts to a tv receiver dvdr device, will probably strike a deal with cable subscribers. Sign up for tv/internet for 2 years and get the xbox as the main transmission unit for 200-300 bucks. That would solve the always connected issue as most people never turn off theirtv unit completely as well as the price. Its something the ps4 cant do.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 04:03:50 AM »
Microsoft still has some cards to play.  The price, not the internet/intrusion is most peoples concerns. Its the price. Microsoft, having made what accounts to a tv receiver dvdr device, will probably strike a deal with cable subscribers. Sign up for tv/internet for 2 years and get the xbox as the main transmission unit for 200-300 bucks. That would solve the always connected issue as most people never turn off theirtv unit completely as well as the price. Its something the ps4 cant do.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

The PS4 is a gaming-centric device - that's a GOOD thing if your main interest in the next gen gen consoles is gaming IF you like the Sony-exclusive game franchises more than the Microsoft ones, or are primarily interested in the cross platform games and thus choose consoles on gaming-performance console specs or 'privacy' etc rather than preferred franchises.

Microsoft's ambitions however are larger than a GAMING console and partnering with cable/sat TV providers to offer a term-contract-subsidized Xbox One with a TV subscription could REVERSE what seems right now to be a price advantage for Sony. I expect MS to do exactly that since that business model is already PROVEN in the marketplace with contract-subsidized cell phones from cell service providers [here at least in Canada BOTH of our big TV providers also are cell providers so they will likely JUMP on offering the same subsidized model for an XB One/Cable package they already use for phones] and if they integrate this with the TV service provider's DVR through HDMI pass-through and integrated program guides as seems to be intended then suddenly Microsoft DOES get its 'Rule the Living Room' opportunity after all and the PS4 gets sent to the rec or kids room...

...so "it ain't over til it's over" and the 'fat lady' hasn't begun to sing yet folks...  ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:06:27 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Nihillus

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 08:07:28 AM »
i think MS screwd up big time the games "should" determin the winner but if hardly anyone ownes an xboxone to play them??
but i think sony has the best exclusives tbh, ther are a few awesome looking xb exclusives but not awesome enough for me to buy a $500 system with features im not gonna use

taking away our freedom of buying a 2nd hand game at a good price is a terrible thing everyone loves finding a bargain in a game shop but now we must pay for it, plus always online is stupid i dont see why it cant just do its online checks when you turn it on, and on top of this the tv "thing" is a wast of resources to me anyway i would defo not use any of those tv features

everyting ms do is gonna cost you big $$ they are in to too much partner tv deals (halo series for eg) so they will need to recoup money and stuff which as a gamer all that doesnt appeal

im convinced that for this gen the true gamers console is the ps4 followed up by the wiiu, xbox is like look were a tv set top box "and" a games console etc,,, take away the tv set top box and always online and pre owned games fee thing and we have a proper gaming console,
not gonna hapen tho cos MS are up to ther eyeballs in partenships it seems to be a cosnole for games/tv companys not for gamers

you just have to look at preorder stats right now to get an idea of how its panning out ps4 is at the top on every site iv looked at...

PS4 will be on top of most of the Pre order statistics since they are allowing more consoles to be preordered.  In my town Gamestop allowed 36 preorders for the PS4 as opposed to 12 for the XboxOne.  After they ran out of XboxOne preorders they were given 12 more so they still only ended up with 24 to 36.  I personally wanted a system just for playing games so I preordered the ps4.  I can honestly say that the only reason I bought an Xbox360 or that I would buy and XboxOne is because of Halo.  So 2014 may bring changes but this year there is a good change Sony will have a nice lead come time for the holidays.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »

Im going to have to disagree with you here. My friends and I have been gaming together for the last 10 years. We were all avid Xbox users, but the biggest problem for us is the always online/privacy issues that Microsoft is forcing on us. Price is not going to be a deciding factor in the race at all, its a $100 difference lol. PS3/360 were seeing $300 differences in price, and Sony dropped the ball at E3 AND on release day, that is what decided that console reace.

As someone who has been a vehement Xbox supporter for my whole life, I feel disgusted and betrayed by the DRM xxx that Microsoft is employing. Idk who they think they are, but out of the 20 or so hardcore xbox gamers that my friends and I were/are, NONE of us will be purchasing the Xbox One. I honestly haven't even talked to anyone who does plan on purchasing one. Why should I have to be always online? Why cant I trade my games? Why cant i even LOAN my games?! Why can't the Kinect be disabled? Its simply unfair and wrong at its very core, and Microsoft is going to realize the big mistake they made when their hardcore and loyal fanbase dissappears like dust in the wind.

If you want to play videogames, buy a PS4. Xbox seems to be shying away from gaming and shifting more towards a fancy cable box that monitors and collects data on everything you do. Better games, better hardware, and cheaper price. What is Xbox One even bringing to the table that competes? Honestly I wish I had saved the $360 ive spend on XBL for the last 6 years and put it towards PS4, not to mention all the time I've spent gaming on it that can't ever be replaced :(

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »

Im going to have to disagree with you here. My friends and I have been gaming together for the last 10 years. We were all avid Xbox users, but the biggest problem for us is the always online/privacy issues that Microsoft is forcing on us. Price is not going to be a deciding factor in the race at all, its a $100 difference lol. PS3/360 were seeing $300 differences in price, and Sony dropped the ball at E3 AND on release day, that is what decided that console reace.

As someone who has been a vehement Xbox supporter for my whole life, I feel disgusted and betrayed by the DRM xxx that Microsoft is employing. Idk who they think they are, but out of the 20 or so hardcore xbox gamers that my friends and I were/are, NONE of us will be purchasing the Xbox One. I honestly haven't even talked to anyone who does plan on purchasing one. Why should I have to be always online? Why cant I trade my games? Why cant i even LOAN my games?! Why can't the Kinect be disabled? Its simply unfair and wrong at its very core, and Microsoft is going to realize the big mistake they made when their hardcore and loyal fanbase dissappears like dust in the wind.

If you want to play videogames, buy a PS4. Xbox seems to be shying away from gaming and shifting more towards a fancy cable box that monitors and collects data on everything you do. Better games, better hardware, and cheaper price. What is Xbox One even bringing to the table that competes? Honestly I wish I had saved the $360 ive spend on XBL for the last 6 years and put it towards PS4, not to mention all the time I've spent gaming on it that can't ever be replaced :(
I've got an eleven year old in the house who is saving for the next unit... He is a hard core 360 player and these are exactly the same things he is saying... He and all of his friends that game together are all jumping ship and going with the PS4... Not looking good for Xbox1...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »

you should be proud, thats one smart 11 year old, lol!! True gamers, especially true xbox gamers, will not take this lightly, will be shaken up, and will certainly make the switch.

Seriously though, I sometimes wonder when Microsft is going to announce that its all a big joke and that they aren't really being this stupid. Then I have a reality check, cry for a few hours, and then count my dollars for buying a PS4.

I've got an eleven year old in the house who is saving for the next unit... He is a hard core 360 player and these are exactly the same things he is saying... He and all of his friends that game together are all jumping ship and going with the PS4... Not looking good for Xbox1...

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
i have to echo that also all my work friends are mostly xbox gamers including myself (ps3 & 360) and the general feeling is discust in microsoft for trying this on, every one of us and i mean every one is getting a ps4 and boycotting the xbox one

and it doesnt end there my kids and their friends all seem to be talking ps4 and not xbox

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 01:38:19 PM »
Hey you guys,
Just wanted to let you all know I got a PS4!!!

I think my contact info is the same as my PS3.

TonyGoombah should be the name on there if you want to be friends.

I have GTA5, Injustice, Shadow of Mordor, and Last of Us (I think that is the free game packed with the system)

retrousse