fiduciary

Author Topic: PC flashing campaign...PC-L to Unlocked PC, not 1.5 to 1.6  (Read 29263 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
PC flashing campaign...PC-L to Unlocked PC, not 1.5 to 1.6
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »
As everyone probably knows by now the PC-L will cease to exist and will only be the PC (or PC-U if you prefer).

As a service to the community the PCMG has decided to have a flashing campaign.  

-These will be done free of charge but a donation will be accepted (but not required) if you feel the need.  
-The customer will be responsible for return shipping ($5.50) paid with paypal (standard payment...no personal payments accepted).
-I will be doing the US based boards
-Erv' will be doing the European based boards. Hold all EU sign up until August
- XL97 has also offered to help but I am not sure how we will work that out.  I guess it depends on the requests.

I am going to use a sign up list but have a few guidelines I need everyone to follow to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible.

1. You post in the thread you have x amount of boards you would like flash BUT ONLY if you have the boards ready to be mailed and can ship it in the next day.  I will explain why so keep reading.  Also please mention if you are US or European so I can keep that in mind on the boards I have shipped to me.

2. The boards need to be pulled from the saber and wires desoldered from the board.

3. It is not required but it would be nice if you had the ability to use solder braid and remove all the solder from the board.  It will just save me some time.

4. you will be placed on a list in the order you post with a number (1-2 million or whatever).  I will only allow 30 people's boards (not 30 individual boards...its the logistics that's a pain not the flashing) to be in transit to me at one time.  This is why I require you to have the board ready to ship within a day.  It will speed up the process and not have others down the list waiting because you didn't ship your board to me.

5. I will PM you and give you my mailing address.  You may ship it however you like.

6. THIS IS IMPORTANT...put a piece of paper in the box with your number on the sign up list, your screen name and your actual name with shipping info.  If ALL this info is not present it will make it that much harder on me to try and track down the info I need and to be honest I will set any aside that do not have this info until I have a free chance to try and figure it out.  This means a delay for you.

7. I will flash your board (or boards) and contact you via PM to send you my paypal address for shipment payment.

8. I also require you to put your list # in the paypal notes so that I can match it up.

9. Once I have flashed a board (or however many I do that day) and get shipment payment I will mark you off the list and start going down the line and have that many (if I did 10 boards I will go to the next 10 people) people ship their boards to me.

10. Only send in bare boards.  I am sorry but my back log will not allow me to receive finished hilts to flash the boards.  It would take too much time for me to uninstall and reinstall boards of finished sabers.  I am not saying I will not offer this in the future for a fee but not until I get caught up on my back log.

11. Turn around...depending on when I get them I should ship them out the next day after I get shipment payment (excluding weekend and a possible heavy work week or working out of town etc).  

The flashing is quick and easy but its the logistics (as I stated before) of it that will take time (emailing, getting the address, opening the box and repackaging etc etc).

Now if everyone will read and re-read the instructions and follow them to a T I am confident that the process can move along efficiently and quickly.

I may start allowing the boards to ship later in the week but it will be at least a week and a half before I can start flashing boards.  The reason for this is that I am sending my flashing equipment to Tim so he can flash his existing boards first.  

I will probably start letting people mail them by Thursday that way because of transit times I should have my equipment back by the time the boards start to arrive.

So that is it.  Please be patient and follow the directions and we will get this taken care of in a painless manner.  It will be a lot of work but its just one more way WE can give back to the community.

That's it...now start to sign up.

If I see things are not going as smoothly as I would like I reserve the right to change up the rules.

EDIT...added #11

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 04:46:30 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Re: PC flashing campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
0. GG/LDM - 70 - US   ;D

1. dj2rbo - 3 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, shipping label printed and will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
2. Ducos Rossis - 5 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - payment received - shipped 6-24
3. Knighthammer - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, shipping label printed and will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
4. SL-2272 - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, shipping label printed and will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
5. Sollus Vir - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, shipped 6-27
6. jetsaber - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - payment received - shipped 6-24
7. shef - 2 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - payment received - shipped 6-24
8. SgtBatten 1 - Australia (will ship to US) PM sent regarding shipping times 5/14, Flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
9. Kalizon - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - payment received - shipped 6-24
10. ARKM -1- US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - payment received - shipped 6-24
11. Mersenne - 5 - Australia (will ship to US or France) - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, will ship Tuesday 7-5, shipped Tuesday 7-5
12. Master Jevaho - 1 - Europe - Erv shipped 6-24
13. cannibal869 - 3 - US (I will ship back 4 boards) - flashed, PM with payment info sent. - payment received - shipped 4 boards 6-24
14. l33tLX - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, shipping label printed and will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
15. DarkSta - 1 - UK
16. Katarn - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, shipping label printed and will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
17. Iggy - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - payment received - shipped 6-24
18. lone1983 - 2 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
19. Rathan - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, shipping label printed and will ship Monday 6-27, shipped 6-27
20. Darth Graphixa - 2 - UK, shipped 6-27
21. Dann - 1 - US - flashed, PM sent with payment info - paid, label printed will drop off at P.O. 7-2, shipped 7-2
22. subbsonik - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent. - payment received - shipped 6-24
23. Force Maverick - 1 - Australia (will ship to US), shipped 7-28
24. PhoenixJedi - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, shipped 6-27
25. Neogardyn - 1 - Spain, flashed, shipped
26. Matt Thorn - 9 - Japan but shipping to US, shipped 7-28
27. Alex Gordon - 1 - US - flashed, shipping 7-7, shipped 7-7
28. basalter - 1 - Australia - flashed - paid, shipping 7-14, shipped
29. uberjedibean - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, packed and shipping 7-8, shipped 7-8
30. Gil Gamesh - 1 - US - flashed, PM with payment info sent - paid, shipped 7-12
31. GreaSyde - 1 - US, shipped 7-23
32. Darth Kevin .T - 3 - US - shipped to Don
33. Null - 1 - Canada - received, flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, shipped
34. SpaceWindu - 1 - US, flashed, PM with payment info sent - shipped
35. Ducos Rossis - 3 - US, flashed, PM with payment info sent - shipped
36. mdixon - 1 - US shipped
37. GraphicArtist - US, flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, shipped
38. Psab Keel - 1 US, flashed, PM with payment info sent, paid, boxed and label printed, shipped
39. DarthStallion - 2 - Dublin Ireland - Erv handling
40. Azmaria - 5 boards - USA, received, flashed, paid, shipped
41. Sidd - 1 board - US, received, flashed, paid, shipped
42. Solan Starr - 1 Board - US, received, flashed, shipped
43. Kobi Dan Venobi - 1 Board - Germany, flashed, shipped
44. Azmaria - 2 boards - USA Address in Japan, flashed, shipped
45. JamoUp-1 board - USA, flashed, shipped
46. Lord Bane - 1 board - USA, flashed, shipped
47. bob93r - 1 board - Australia (shipping to US), flashed, shipped
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:53:37 AM by MH »

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »
MH. Hello I have two pc-ls and a pcu from the auction.

edit: yes sorry sir, US is where I am lol.

Thank you - MH
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:32:39 PM by MH »

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »
Ducos Rossis (he's asleep, LOL) 4 boards, ready to ship

Offline Knighthammer

• Force User
    • Tapani Order SW TOR Guild
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:40:48 PM »
I've got 1 board - fresh, never installed that I can send.
US - sorry

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:59:59 PM by Knighthammer »
Yub Yub Commander
Star Wars the Old Republic Guild - Tapani Order

Offline Ducos Rossis

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
Ducos Rossis (he's asleep, LOL) 4 boards, ready to ship

Thanks for that, yes, I have 4 boards ready to ship. - US

correction i have 5 boards ready to ship - US
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:48:22 PM by Ducos Rossis »

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »
OK no one has stated if they are in the US or Europe yet.  Not following the rules already LOL.

Please follow ALL the rules so it will go smoothly for me.

Offline SL-2272

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
Hey MH I have one PC, live in the U.S. Can ship tomorrow lol

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 08:29:02 PM »
GG- 70 boards - US can ship in 5 minutes...wait, I guess I could flash them myself...and no, I really don't have 70...or do I? ;D

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
I have one PC-L that can ship tomorrow. I be in the U.S.

Mucho gracias again for doing this man.  8)

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline jetsaber

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
Jetsaber 1 board in the U.S.A  .  MH  . I would like to pay for mine , Just let me know . i will send the board / card ans include the information /  paper as requested ?

Offline shef

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 08:39:01 PM »
shef - 2 boards, USA.  Awesome!
“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
US Prophecy V2 w/ Petit Crouton 1.5
 VV 'Ocassus' inspired MHS w/ CF v6.1

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
SgtBatten

single PC-l

live in australia. I think US is slightly cheaper for me to ship to

boxed and ready to ship

Id prefer to ship asap as shipping will be over a week from me to anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:02:48 PM by SgtBatten »
Sarge

Please Note that I will generally be AFK from now on.
I'll remain in contact with people i have current dealings with to the best of my ability.

Sign me up for the Maul Please

Offline Kalizon

• Force User
  • The sword and the mind are One
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
Kalizon - US - 1 Board
A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Offline ARKM

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »
ARKM - 1 board - USA

Ready to ship.

retrousse