fiduciary

Author Topic: Lightsaber dueling  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Jedi Pete

• No Force
Lightsaber dueling
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »
I have been studying martial arts since i was 7 now 24 years later i am wanting to change from teaching the normal weapons like, boken, sword and joi and start having fun with some lightsaber training as a way to keep kids interested in the art...

Does anyone have any advice for me as the legal views..etc..etc..

THANX

MTFBWY

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Lightsaber dueling
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
First, let me officially Welcome you to the forums Pete. I hope u enjoy your stay.

You've come to the right place, Several instructors are forum members as well and use sabers routinely. Hopefully u can strike up a dialog with one or several.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:53:51 PM »
Two words, caine drathul.

martial arts instructor, lightsaber combat forms developer (for fun), and lots more. He is a nice guy. you'll see hi min the how ot duel section. Welcome to the forums.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »
Darth Caden, you humble me...thank you for your kind words  :)

Jedi Pete, here is the thread for the reserve list for my Lightsaber Forms of Combat Curriculum

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=19147.0

and here is my YouTube video blog on what it is all about!

This is going to be a full fledged Light Saber SYSTEM. I am planning AT LEAST 5 Levels as of now...and more may come! The idea is for a COMPLETE and THOROUGH system on Lightsaber Combat.

Jedi Pete it sounds like you have some great MA experience under your belt. Here is my resume just so you know my credentials:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7021.60      (scroll down toward the bottom)

Offline joelx1000

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
hey pete heres a peice of advice so u dont get people complaining about broken sabers u should say that when someone signs up they are responsible for their own saber and if it brakes its not your fault i know people who have had alot of problems with sabers

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 11:00:46 PM »
Welcome, Pete!

If you're going to communicate with Caine Drathul, you may also wish to communicate with Novastar. The latter guy is an experienced fencer and is also into acrobatics and stuff. He and Master Caine are working on a joint educational project. :)

*patpats*

retrousse