fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul is back (Officially)  (Read 52377 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: Darh Maul is back (Officially)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
OH COME ON!!!!!! :D  

But seriously, I'm gonna wait till Wedge chimes in before I decide how I feel about this.  :D

+1

I thought the same thing.  :D

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
You know, I felt the same way, but on the other hand, the idea that he is back, and that Obi-Wan is a big man on campus (which has to seriously irritate him) in the galaxy could make for some really fun watching.  I'd love to see a rematch.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:55 PM »
I like the fact he's coming back. If they have the technology to rebuild Grievous and turn Anakin into Vader why not show the same love for Maul? Besides I kind like the look of "Chicken Leg" Maul:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:14:30 PM by Rion Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 12:15:02 PM »
Books and cartoons dont count, only the films. Boba Fett Died, Darth Maul died, the Emperor Died, Greedo Died, The Rancor died, those Ewoks died and that monster chess figure died.

next you're going to tell me santa isn't real...   >:(

seriously the funniest thing i've heard all week.  ;D

Lmao.
Who would say Santa isnt real, of course is real. Not Alf though, he was a puppet.

Honestly, this is getting ridiculous, if they need an iconic character to boost the Clone Wars ratings, why not create someone new to the franchise. Its very cheap to rehash a dead guy just to engage fans.

Next is an explanation on how Grand Moff Tarkin escaped at the last second from the Death Star in a little space ship he had ready in that control room.

Or how Jabba played dead and teleported his slugness body to a hidden planet, because, if we a re going to suddenly make stuff up, everything is possible  ::)

Offline Sunrider

• Unlimited Brightness!!! RRROOAARRR!!!
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »
 This is wonderful. Do you know what this means.......  :o :o  My favorite characters can come back to life now. WoooHooo. Qui Gon only had a little hole poked in him so he can come back (that was just a ceremonial body there in the fire at the end of the movie).  Oooooooooh and Mace can come back too. He must have done a spider man off a flag pole and jumped to safety. Maybe even Count Dooku can have his head reattached. sweet  :D

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
Who the heck is Darh Maul..is that like Darth Mauls ugly stepbrother?

Now if Darth Maul came back...that would be stupid, what is he wolverine?  Make sure you chop him up next time obi and spread the seven pieces of his body across the galaxy...If you are going to do a job, do it right at least psshh.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Formerly known as forcepractitioner
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »
My concern is : why would they (Palpatine or someone else) use bionic technology such as that used with Grievous, when there is a cloning facility available in which they can grow living tissue (and ultimately organic limbs) from mere cells? I've never understood why this was not used to "reconstruct" Anakin/Vader's body or maybe even Grievous (the case of Darth Maul is different, because it is highly unlikely that being cut in half right in the abdomen and staying that way for a while can be without any lethal consequences). That is why I suggested that the only plausible way of justifying ( ::) ::) ::)) Darth Maul's return would be to suppose that the new one coming back is a clone (much like Starkiller) and that Palpatine had foreseen the necessity to take a few biological samples from his former apprentice....

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:18 PM »
My concern is : why would they (Palpatine or someone else) use bionic technology such as that used with Grievous, when there is a cloning facility available in which they can grow living tissue (and ultimately organic limbs) from mere cells? I've never understood why this was not used to "reconstruct" Anakin/Vader's body or maybe even Grievous (the case of Darth Maul is different, because it is highly unlikely that being cut in half right in the abdomen and staying that way for a while can be without any lethal consequences). That is why I suggested that the only plausible way of justifying ( ::) ::) ::)) Darth Maul's return would be to suppose that the new one coming back is a clone (much like Starkiller) and that Palpatine had foreseen the necessity to take a few biological samples from his former apprentice....

I get the feeling that they try to avoid "cloning" as a legitimate option for Force users.  In the EU, there's Joruus Cbaoth who goes mad from the cloning process, as did many of the Starkiller clones.  Otherwise Palps could just clone himself an army of Vaders...

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 01:18:56 PM »
Interesting....And is there an explanation, a rationale for this induced madness? Because singularity in the Force implies non-transferable bodily individuality ? That would be an interesting implication. But wasn't Palpatine supposed to have cloned himself??

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »
Its good to be a favorite.  ;D

Maybe I'll have more than one line I can quote from now on after this. I think its fully feasible for him to survive in a few scenarios, but I'm going to have to agree let it go. I stopped watching the series before the last season and haven't picked it back up.

Offline Drazel O'Thumos

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »

I think its fully feasible for him to survive in a few scenarios.

And what would be the most plausible scenarios, according to you? (I am really curious to know -- but I agree with most of the contributors to this topic : I do not like very much the Clone Wars series either...).

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 02:09:36 PM »
Interesting....And is there an explanation, a rationale for this induced madness? Because singularity in the Force implies non-transferable bodily individuality ? That would be an interesting implication. But wasn't Palpatine supposed to have cloned himself??

In the comics, Palp cloned a copy of himself that was an empty shell that was never brought to life.  He used the darkside of the force to propel his essence into these clones as a form of ressurection.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
I sure do have a knack for leaving loose ends with my fights.  :-\  I'm gonna chalk it up to sabotage of my lightsaber blade.

In any case, I hear dagobah is very nice this time of year.  I think I might scope out some nice swamp-front properties soon.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
I agree with obi wan.  He only half killed vader, half killed maul, and half trained Luke which almost got the kid killed, and only half saved the galaxy (Him and Yoda were partners in this venture otherwise it would have been doomed to failure).

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »
A pep talker you are not.

:D

retrousse