fiduciary

Author Topic: Sith Planet sound and light installation services  (Read 29253 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Sith Planet sound and light installation services
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
Sith Planet sound and light installation services

Vader's Vault, Lord Dottore Matto, Gemini Concepts and Jango Fett have been receiving some PMs about installs of sound and light for Sith Planet's Run of empty sabers. If you would like to be added to this list PM me.

Since we gossip like little old church ladies, we decided to post an interest thread with polices and prices. Our regular warranty will apply and is listed at the bottom of this post.
Please be advised, these are not standard size hilts. Most are smaller than standard MHS components

Standard install rate with MR/Hasbro board provided by the client is 250.00-300.00 + parts*.

Standard install rate with Ultrasound board provided by the client is 275.00-300.00 + parts*.

Standard install rate with Crystal Focus board provided by the client is 300.00-350.00 + parts*.

*Parts includes speaker, switches, Leds ect.

If you do not have a soundboard it may be provided for you for a fee.

Independent Contractors Warranty

Limited Warranty covers defects in workmanship for the Product for a period of 90 days from the original date of Receipt from insert name.

This Limited Warranty does not cover any damage due to (1) Acts of God, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, improper handling, commercial use or modifications of this Product,warranty does not cover Explosives Ordinance Disposal "disarming" the saber, or normal wear and tear; (2) Improper operation or maintenance of this Product; or (3) Attempted repair by any party other than insert name.* This Limited Warranty does not apply where it is determined by insert name that there is no fault with the Product itself. Repairs not covered by the Limited Warranty may, at insert name's  discretion, be carried out at the Owner's expense.

The Owner shall be responsible for the cost of shipping the Product to,  and return shipping from,  insert name.

Electronics, such as soundboards, batteries and LEDs are not warranted by insert name, as insert name did not originally produce them.

Crystal Focus Repairs must be preformed by Plecterlabs. Owner will be responsible for any fees this incurs.

Ultrasound Boards are covered by Ultrasabers Warranty, and will need to be returned to Ultrasabers for service/replacement.

MR/Hasbro Boards failure will require replacement at Owner's expense.

*If you attempt to repair it yourself, the warranty is void. The saber will be repaired, but it will be at the Owner's expense.
This Limited Warranty is non transferable.
Damage incurred in the course of dueling shall void any and all warranties stated or implied.

Independent Contractors Member Repair Services
Independent Contractors sabers can be sent at the Owner's expense to an authorized guild repair technician, should sending it to the original SaberSmith be unavailable.
The Independent Contractors Repair Technician will then review the saber and compare it to the submitted photos or build log to determine if the necessary repair is due to defect in workmanship or due to operator error.
In the event of operator error, an invoice for the repair work must be paid by the Owner before the saber will be returned to the Owner.
If the failure is determined to be due to a defect in workmanship, the Independent Contractor Repair Service shall invoice the original Sabersmith, and no charge will be applied to the customer,  save for return shipping.
In the event a saber has been sold by the original Owner,  the current Owner shall cover all  repair costs, including, but not limited to, a standard $25.00 Workbench diagnostic Fee.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:00:06 AM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Re: Sith Planet sound and light installation services
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 05:51:25 PM »
The sabers have been confirmed being built around a 3/4 tube.

UltraEdge does not come in a 3/4 size, so please refrain from asking for it.

3/4 polycarbonate or nylon blades will be included.

boring or Honing out the blade holders to 1 inch is most likely not going to be an option.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:13:03 AM by JANGO FETT »

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
hey, thanks for providing this service...when they come in, you'll have to provide a list of those people who want them upgrade to working sabers and just mailed to you directly...instead of sending to them, and they sending to you...if we work together to be more effecient, things will go quicker!  :)

Randy

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 05:40:14 AM »
korbanth,

Please send the sabers directly to their purchasers. As a group, decided this is best for everyone involved.

It protects you the manufacturer from paypal claims.
The clients get to hold their sabers, so they can see the quality. Also, they may not want them converted all at once.
I could go on, but you get the point.

We are sorry, if this is an inconvenience to our international clients.

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 12:01:09 AM »
ok, thanks Jango

Offline darth zoidberg

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »
Will the Master replica Yoda soundcard require the saber to be machined or will it fit?

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 12:35:46 AM »
I provided the dimensions for the inside of the hollow hilt run, and those experts say it should not be any problem...

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 12:51:22 AM »
Confirmed, the Yoda soundboard is just under .85" wide, and the tube itself for these sabers is .75" wide (inner diameter), so the board will fit with minor boring. Snugly, but it will fit nonetheless.

**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline Gallius Vain

• Formerly known as Sylus Seynar
  • Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
man thats not much clearance....

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »
Bumping this since I have been inundated with requests in the last 2 weeks.  Please start here to get a cost idea, then PM which ever of us you would like to do the work.  Thanks, GG

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 02:19:34 PM »
Bumping this since I have been inundated with requests in the last 2 weeks.  Please start here to get a cost idea, then PM which ever of us you would like to do the work.  Thanks, GG

And remember, the soundboard and parts costs are NOT included in the conversion price, but can be provided in some cases.

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 08:39:56 AM »
I recieved a bunch of converted sabers by LDM, and they look fabulous, I highly recommend his services!

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »
I'm curious, I have a custom parks hilt, heavily influenced by the arcwave. The electronics popped out of the back when I plugged the blade in, so first I have to save the money to replace the pommel and the emitter, but how much would it be, since I have an empty hilt right now to install an LED?
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:05:53 PM »
I'm curious, I have a custom parks hilt, heavily influenced by the arcwave. The electronics popped out of the back when I plugged the blade in, so first I have to save the money to replace the pommel and the emitter, but how much would it be, since I have an empty hilt right now to install an LED?

You would need to PM one of us with the details (and preferably pictures).

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
sorry to bump an old thread, but are there any updated services for PC and NB installs?

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

retrousse